Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

2,701 to 2,720 of 4,505 messages
20/12/2012 at 09:57

Ahh I see, sort of 

Yikes.... time for my run... l8rz

20/12/2012 at 10:02

He sounds amazing - will be really interesting to see what he gets you to do... I know what you mean about avoiding things you don't like - I'm good at that too - hope he can find ways around the worst of it whilst getting the benefits

mcs
20/12/2012 at 10:50

Sounds like the thread physio is doing well on here.....well done SB Hope the sickies improve. My OH and daughter are flu bound so the lurgy is everywhere!!!
Intervals at lunch today in the rain!! Lovely.

20/12/2012 at 10:54
reikirabbit wrote (see)
 It has taken us years to get to whatever point we want to work on, but I still need my hip sorted by Sunday latest alright!?

ROFL

20/12/2012 at 13:05

Ten miles on the treadie this morning @ 10:20 pace.  Temperature was 12F warmer than last week, but my heart rate was lower throughout.  I've actually caught up with all marathontalk podcasts (barring about the final 15 minutes of the latest episode) for the first time!  Thankfully, I've still got some talk ultra downloads to keep me going.

I can't quite believe how natural these longer midweek runs are feeling already.  I'm "lucky" (sort of) to be able to rearrange my schedule at the moment, which helps. 

mcs
20/12/2012 at 13:26

Just done an interval session in driving rain and wind tough!!! One mile uphill over 500 feet straight up took me 10.37 then 7.16-7.16-7.42-7.17 so dead now time for lunch me thinks........ A treadie in the office might be an idea for days like today!!!

20/12/2012 at 15:44
Tui na has much alleviated the hip situation, nice to see my sister too!

Good running you two.
20/12/2012 at 18:30

Yayyy reiki - hope it stays that way/gets even better!

Today I have been mainly falling on my face whilst trying to use an ab wheel, wobble cushion and keep my feet in the TRX cradles - classy chick me you know!

Ben's coming along to a class next week - should be novel for him!  Might have to give him a dead arm before the class starts so he's not brilliant at it straightaway - seems fair really!!

Where's oscarr?  cooooeeeee where are you ? xxx

20/12/2012 at 19:08

Struggling for motivation.  Just want to get past next Tuesday.

21/12/2012 at 08:44

We're all thinking of you... One step at a time! Will you be with your son/s?  Any sign of the little one yet? ((( )))

2 practice massages for me today then off to my sister's to eat all her quality street!  Anyone care to place bets that she has an extra tin tucked away under the stairs anyway...

21/12/2012 at 09:39

No, quiet day planned for me.  No sign of next grand child yet but its very close.

Hope all your seasonal preps are going well and hope you are all enjoying the buildup.

21/12/2012 at 10:33

Give yourself a hug from us - don't let yourself get too down - remember all the good times and though there may be tears - I wish you only ones of joy and fondness.  And remember - angels don't take Christmas off - so just you watch out for that thunderbolt! 

Go check out my facebook page - you really have to see the pug running video - it's possibly the funniest, most heart warming thing you'll ever see!

If you need to chat - our mobiles will be on!

21/12/2012 at 10:39

Thanks Sleepy - i will be OK, just need to handle it on my own and in my own way.

Please everyone i do hope you all have a great Christmas.

mcs
21/12/2012 at 11:11

Keep going Oscarr soon be January and the light gets brighter and the days longer, dont do Xmas thing myself but looking forward to a break from work seeing my parents its their 52nd anniversary on Monday so we are having a meal with them.......I will be out on a run Tuesday just another day to me,  hope that grandchild arrives soon be a great gift for you. Looking forward to running GG with you, take a look at the route you need to get hill fit for that!!!! Have a great hols all. Last day here for me hope I can avoid the flu from the girls.
Have a good break from work all.

21/12/2012 at 14:35

((Oscar))  Take care.

21/12/2012 at 14:39

Five miles recovery today.  

Tomorrow will be 13m in what is predicted to be typical race-day weather for me (i.e. wet and windy).  Somebody please explain why I am looking forward to it? 

21/12/2012 at 14:46

Ten - Because you are hardcore and know that once you get going there is nothing that Mother Nature can throw at you that will stop you putting one foot in front of the other!  And that's the best feeling in the world (well after the one you get from the well earned mince pie that you'll be able to enjoy guilt free afterwards) Ten vs the planet = winner is Ten!

I'm so looking forward to putting my feet up and reading the last couple of chapters of my book that I've been patiently saving so that I can savour them (it's non running related so I won't go on).  Have my pink champagne chilling in the fridge (my very own Christmas tradition).  However I'm looking forward even more to going to meet Rascal's new potential friend - a 10 yr old rescue patterdale terrier who has lost his home due to the recession.  (Owners' home got repossessed and they weren't allowed to take him into the rental they've been forced into). 

So.. no running for me now til Sunday when we'll be hitting Bakewell - can't wait to be back out on the trails... Let the mileage increases begin...

21/12/2012 at 15:02

SB - I've already bought my LSR/race day celebration Christmas puddings for 2013   Though, hopefully I'll get some more cheap ones after Christmas for other running-related celebratory purposes.  And non-running-related celebratory purposes.  And non-celebratory purposes.

21/12/2012 at 15:12

Ten - i hope the puddings are a little moistier than your sense of humour 

22/12/2012 at 00:38

Well, i'm a grand dad again, this time a girl - Megan Isabella Aira Scarr born last night in west Wales - both healthy but the Dad is freaking out!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.