Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

281 to 300 of 4,501 messages
14/05/2012 at 23:08

Nice to see you back Bo!
I did a 13k easy run on Sunday (using MyAsics as a plan for a 4hr marathon) - felt good, and feel my training is coming along nicely. I'm tempted by a local 10mile run

15/05/2012 at 11:37

Bought the book Born to Run last week and just read an obituary in The Times for Micah True the american ultra runner featured in the book - he died aged 57 of unknown causes part way through a solo 12 mile run (probably the way he would have wanted to go)

15/05/2012 at 11:51

If anyone is interested, Lakeland Trails races on 1st July have just opened up an additional 100 places for the half mara and there are 67 places left for the full marathon.

15/05/2012 at 12:13

Caballo Blanco died of a condition where the left ventricle becomes distended and weak and no longer efficent enough to pump, shows up as an inverted T-wave on an ECG and needs an echo to diagnose it.  Great book, I got to meet the author, good guy...would of loved to meet Micah True

15/05/2012 at 12:22

Choisty - if you get the chance, read the obituary in todays Times - half page summary of his life and his relationship with the indians - page 50

15/05/2012 at 12:25
Oh, need to get that then. Great book, Born to Run, sister in law got me it for Christmas.

Good session there Anthony.

Been out running again now and really enjoying it again. Feel so much stronger and quicker after a rest up post Paris.
15/05/2012 at 12:54
Think I will get a copy I the times today then. Gret book I've got 20 pages left. Loved very but of it

Where did u meet him Choisty?
mcs
15/05/2012 at 13:20

Five mile intervals this morning in windy conditions went 9.45-8.23-7.37-7.40 and 8.20 and a couple of miles at lunch to encourage a colleque who had never run more than a mile, now up to two!!!
Luke have you read the life story of Joss Naylor, epic life and read.

Love to do the Trails Marathon but funds do not permit..........next year perhaps.

12 Days to go!! Off to check out the long range weather forecasts.

15/05/2012 at 14:09

just done easy 8 miles - first run since marathon a week and a half ago - good to get running again - may do some mile intervals tomorrow to get the legs spinning a bit quicker

15/05/2012 at 14:39

Oscarr, will see if I can, I read the post mortem report as intpreted by a Doc on the web, which was interesting (espcially as I have an inverted T-wave)...glad to have you back running...don't mention lakeland it's thoughts like that get a man shot

I met Chris Macdougall when he came over to promote the book, he did an evening lecture, Q&A followed by a few beers.  Really nice guy gave me a few copies of the book signed to use a spot prizes for our race with "congratulation on running the twist kingsclere 5, you were born to run"

Joss Naylor is amazing, reading his story makes me feel like trying a bob graham and that is a silly idea

mcs
15/05/2012 at 14:48

Fancy the 112 Whitton Challenge Bike ride in the Lake District one year that was this last weekend. A big ride though with some serious hills in it.

mcs
15/05/2012 at 14:53

Joss Naylor the Iron Man is a great dvd to watch.

Feet in the Clouds is a great read about the Bob Graham Round. Divorce pending if I think about that one!!!!

mcs
15/05/2012 at 15:09

Anyone got "Lore of Running" by Tim Noakes? Is that worth a read?
Ultramarathonman Confessions of an All Night Runner. by Dean Karneses is a good read.He is one hell of a plodder!!!

15/05/2012 at 15:53

mcs - I have the Lore of Running, a South African friend bought it for me ages ago - recommended it as a bible for running!  It's a great book, more one to dip in and out of than read from cover to cover I'd say.  Never followed any of the schedules from it...maybe I should have done as the RW ultimate one was clearly too much for my body!!!

15/05/2012 at 18:03
Ive read Dean Karneses book its good. I will have I dig out Joss Naylor next. Club run tonight 10 miles Fartlek. Looks like a nice night for it here. Also most of the lads will b fresh off Chester half so should b some good tales.
15/05/2012 at 18:08

MCS, not long now, how you feeling about the marathon ?  

Oscarr, how are the legs feeling after today ?  I did 9 this moring and will be increasing the mileage now in order to prepare for the Lakeland Marathon.  Hope to see you tomorrow if your at the track ?

FH

15/05/2012 at 19:09

FH - legs were fine today - went out to do 6.5 miles and loved it so much i added a 1.5 miles on in the middle !!  Won't be at track tomorrow but will do some mile intervals in the morning.  Really looking forward to Lakeland marathon.  Will be at track soon.  Are you doing Wargrave 10k on 10th June?

15/05/2012 at 23:30
Hi Oscarr. Me to, so looking forward to the lakes, will be awesome ! I added Wargrave to my ever increasing dairy of races, will probably run there from home and run back after as it's a long run Sunday for me !

Take care.

FH
16/05/2012 at 11:59

Good interval session this morning - 3 x 1mile reps - two at 10k pace and last one at 5k pace (7:42/7:32/7:15).

mcs - getting twitchy yet ?

mcs
16/05/2012 at 13:29
Ready for it touch of tightness in my right hammy so having a rest day today then run tomorrow. Windscreen cracked and car making a funny noise dont know what that is so had to break out the card for a new windscreen..........Personally ready to go now just the logistics of the journey to sort then next Thursday will be off early five hour journey from here. I know I can run twenty miles ok in three hours then got to give it all for the last six and hope everything keeps working ok.
lakes sound good hope you get some reasonable weather for that race.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.