Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

3,021 to 3,040 of 4,501 messages
mcs
22/01/2013 at 15:26

Thanks for the link SB will get that.......still alot of snow piccies up elsewhere as this site only allows little piccies. Have a good holiday you and speedy very jealous!!

22/01/2013 at 18:38

I've ordered the book.  Thanks for mentioning it mcs, and thanks for the link SB.  It's good timing.

22/01/2013 at 18:47

Today's run was 4m recovery on the treadmill.  I'm hoping to get outside for tomorrow's 11m MLR, but it depends how icy it gets.

They're predicting a thaw for the weekend.  I hope it arrives before my scheduled 18m long run!

22/01/2013 at 18:50

Forgot that's where you were going - have a great time and plenty of race and hotel reports now ya hear 

22/01/2013 at 18:52

My aqua jogging float belt has arrived and it looks and feels great - don't think the local swimming baths know what's about to hit them !!! Monster from the floating lagoon me thinks!!

23/01/2013 at 09:41

I've got a dose of the sniffles this morning.  Debating whether to run my 11m MLR today, or postpone until tomorrow   It's very icy on the paths, so I'll be on the treadmill 

These things are sent to try us!

23/01/2013 at 12:09

Yes Master

I will take pics galore!  I'm planning to do 6 runs in the time we're there (might join the group runs/races, might not) and then see what else is going on.  I know there's a women's triathlon camp so I might see if I can join in some of their sessions and then there are yoga classes, deep water aqua, pilates, body conditioning etc etc or we might go kayaking or biking... who knows!  

Have fun oscarr, get well Ten, happy reading mcs...

Edited: 23/01/2013 at 12:09
23/01/2013 at 15:11
Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

I know there's a women's triathlon camp so I might see if I can join in some of their sessions and then there are yoga classes, deep water aqua, pilates, body conditioning etc etc or we might go kayaking or biking.

That sounds like an average day for Reikki 

Have a great time!

23/01/2013 at 15:17

Today's 11m MLR is done and dusted on the treadmill 

Planned pace: 10:48 to 9:54       Planned Heart Rate Range: 141 – 160 bpm

Splits: 10:43/10:31/10:22/10:20/10:21/10:10/10:00/9:50/9:50/9:50/9:50

HR: 122 / 132 / 138 / 141 / 143 / 146 / 148 / 151/ 153/ 154/ 159 bpm

I gradually increased the incline on the treadmill in the last few miles in order to get to the top end of the heart rate range, without going over the planned pace.  Quite a good simulation of the last few miles of my regular outdoor route.

I hope the ice clears by the weekend.  I really don't fancy 18m on the treadmill   However, needs must when the devil drives 

23/01/2013 at 20:47

Ten: great discipline!

Work got in the way of yesterday's run (8m) and today wasn't looking much better until a late appointment got pushed forward to tomorrow morning- so straight out of the door!

7m+ in about an hour so my shoes didn't melt any ice, but it was just about in the upper margins of my new relaxed HR zone, and bang on for pace.

It was snowing in my face and slushy underfoot but it's in the bag and no dramas to report.

23/01/2013 at 23:49

SB Thanks for the update re logging runs. I've done that now. 
The snow and ice has hit my running plans for 6, that and a lot of work. Did a bit of hill climbing as part of my sledging with my boys - if that counts as exercise! - and I wasstaying overnight in a hotel last night and did 5000m rowing, 15 mins cycling and a bit of a treadmill - but that was really boring. Otherwise I don't have access to a treadmill.
My wife and I are committing ourselves to losing weight - for her 40th, our 10th wedding anniversary and generally for good health
Assuming the snow goes by the weekend, ought to be able to get a couple of runs in then. Well done to everyone who has been able to keep going!

24/01/2013 at 11:21
Hi all I've been so busy (and the notifications dried up!)

SB I'm so jealous , would love to be going to la Santa it sounds brilliant!

Oscarr his was the first aqua jog?

Ten I've been in the treadie twice. A fast ish 5K kn the middle of a 10K that was truly tedious and one thing I can never fathom is how can I go faster on a hilly voted full of obstacles and at least puddles than on a machine j only have to crank up?!

And then i did 15.5 miles which was kind if easier although too much noise in the gym for me to listen to Marathon Talk, so very naff in ways.

Have had major improvements with the foot so happy enough!
24/01/2013 at 12:16

RR - I haven't yet figured out how to confidently manage fast intervals/strides outside.  I don't have access to a track, and my routes have more than enough opportunity to turn an ankle.  I've managed to include threshold runs on my trail, and this works well.  One day I'll find a suitable route and program my garmin for some outdoor intervals... maybe.

Well done with sticking with it on the treadmill.  Runs in excess of 90 minutes can be seriously tedious, particularly if they are steady runs.

I'm glad to see you are recovering from the foot injury.

24/01/2013 at 13:11

Reiki - just come back from first aqua jog - really enjoyed it and found it a lot less tedious than a treadmill.  Once i got the belt tight enough to stop the float riding up i did 15 min warm-up, 15 min tempo effort then 5 min cool-down -  a few lengths swimming then out.  Feel really refreshed.  Will definitely take the float on my boat trip.

24/01/2013 at 14:10

Whatever floats your boat Oscarr.  (couldn't resist)

The Chimp Paradox book has arrived.

mcs
24/01/2013 at 15:06

Well just had a mad dutch man fly in and shut the Bakewell sales office despite the best ever January. Consultation period. Another meeting on Tuesday. DOnt panic who is going to employ me?

24/01/2013 at 15:30

Feel for you Mark - if ever there was a need to clear your head with a good run this is it

24/01/2013 at 17:01

The running is about the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.  It certainly helps, even if it's not an answer in itself.

mcs
25/01/2013 at 13:32

Not slept all night..........life is a sod!!! Oh well........

25/01/2013 at 15:38

mcs - just remember that wonderful family of yours and life may not seem so bad

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.