Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

3,561 to 3,580 of 4,501 messages
28/03/2013 at 09:18
Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

Have you started your race visualising yet?

If you mean the nightmare of catching flu, missing the start, getting lost on the course and forgetting to wear my timing chip.... then, yes. 

28/03/2013 at 09:49

Sleepy - you may be interested in an article on page 5 of today's Times about a survey of UK dog owners, some results being;

- owners dog walking covers an average of 283 marathons (7,415 miles) in a pets lifetime

- dogs can expect an average of 58,000 strokes in a lifetime repsonding with 50,000 licks

- annual average walking is 500 miles

- 9% of owners show their dogs their holiday photos (!!!!!)

- owners believe their dogs have fallen in love at least twice plus 4 more crushes (!!!!)

28/03/2013 at 09:52

Mini interval session last night.

5 x 3mins @ MP with 5 x 3 mins jog recovery; 1m w/u & c/d each end

The constant change in pace is quite testing on an unduolating route, but a workout to shake the legs out without being over taxing.

Maidenhead Easter 10m tomorrow

Enjoy your running w/e's

28/03/2013 at 09:53

Good to see The Times is maintaining it's journalistic integrity 

28/03/2013 at 12:19

LOLOL Ten

Iif the annual mileage is anything to go by - our two do 3 times that! Therefore they can fall in love lots - Rascal's been in/still is in love with another Jack Russell named Scamp and has already had 2 further crushes that I know of (don't show them photos though)!

Hope the next batch of snow stays away Mike!  Have a good 'un

28/03/2013 at 15:25

Awesome sales over at:

sportsshoes (just got a second pair of inov8 road 233s for half price - an extra 15% using code LMF1315)

sheactive (15% off inc sale items)

and thoosa(50% off + free delivery)

Ok so the last 2 are useless for the boys but for us ladies...

That's my kit all sorted for summer - got a new vest and racing flats lined up (since my old ones have already done 380 miles) - almost in new club colours too - trying to get a Tri club logoed racing vest but not sure they do them!

Shoptastic!

28/03/2013 at 16:06

Looks like my Garmin 110 has given up - it loses a full charge in about 3 hrs just on standby

Glad i only paid £30 for my HR watch as i'm thinking of getting a combined GPS/HR one to replace the 110.

Any good suggestions?

28/03/2013 at 16:09

310xt

28/03/2013 at 16:26

RC3GPS if you can be bothered to program it online - can't do on watch unit itself.  I quite enjoy it!

29/03/2013 at 09:22

Happy Easter everyone

29/03/2013 at 09:44

Oscarr my 110 did that, shame as I loved it, nice big numbers!  I think I have the 305 now, it's OK. not as suited to my wrist which needs a lot of twisting to look at it at all [not always a bad thing], and that's with a thick wristband on under it.

The strap broke on Weds though, and funnily enough there is another in the original box.  I need to work out how to er connect it up. 

SB I enjoyed the canal run, except that it was a bit scary with the swarms of bike commuters, I'm sure their skills are excellent, but it always slows me down, especially under bridges as they don't stop unless they have to.

mcs my sister is still going to do Coniston, reckons it's just the thing the week before the marathon.  Different world.  Well diferent age!

Mike I have done Maidenhead before but it didn't fit this year.

Went to my sister's opening night last night, it was amazing, but I can't do lates - still woke up at 5:30, shattered already. 

We were going to go on a boat to the Thames Barrier with all the kids but they don't start doing that til April! 

So it's looking like Greenwich museums, Serpentine Gallery etc 

Only an hour HIT session on the bike for me today....Ten I have other visualisations but shall not encourage you - what I do now is pretend that the last mile of any run is me coming up the Mall.

So if you see someone out on the canal with their arms flailing about and looking like they are sitting on a bar stool and a bit purple round the gills on a slow steady, that'll be me!

29/03/2013 at 10:10

Thanks Reiki. just love your posts.

Think i will get another 110 but with HRM included cos i have to have big numbers (don't like running wearing reading glasses!!!) - until then Sleepy will be pleased to hear that i will have to train entirely with my HRM !!

29/03/2013 at 10:17

Oh yeah that's a point

29/03/2013 at 11:55

Just back from 7 miler including a 3 rep hill test to measure my max HR - reckon it max'd at 158 on the third hill but don't believe this since my one mile on track on weds at a steady ten mile pace was 151 - spurious test i think so will try again another time but there's no rush

Unless there's something wrong with my heart at the moment 

29/03/2013 at 12:01

Yeah - it's probably lacking chocolate!!!

My duathlon tomorrow has just been cancelled as someone's just found out the road is closed and being resurfaced - so I might go do a parkrun and then bike when we get home instead - just for fun  hee hee

Just been for my massage - awesome find!  2 practitioners in the next village and possibly the best massage I've ever had!  Did some work on my heels and lower back too - very floaty legs now! Happy happy!

29/03/2013 at 12:21

Reminds me, about time i had another sports massage

29/03/2013 at 12:46

4m recovery with strides today.  More snow has been forecast for later today - hopefully it won't affect tomorrow's parkrun.  I gotta try to make my Jantastic target 

Oscarr - what's the battery life on a 110?  Is it enough to last through your Ultra?  I'm just thinking that there would be no point in having a watch that will conk out halfway through the race.  I assume you didn't run your HR Max test hard enough, because you didn't mention throwing up 

My daughter has caught chicken pox just as the easter holidays have started.  Kinda hoping my son catches it now and that they are both well for travelling to Brighton in a fortnight.  The wife has a potential tooth abscess.  Great timing as usual, with doctors and dentists abandoning everyone for the long weekend.

29/03/2013 at 12:59

Garmin 110 - according to the manual its 8 hours on GPS training which should be enough for a day's running on The Wall - what's yours?

29/03/2013 at 13:07

310xt is 20 hours.  I remember reading ultra and ironman competitors recommending it for that reason, and the fact that it is waterproof (as opposed to water resistant).  Remember to read dcrainmaker.com for excellent reviews.  I bought my 310xt for £150 from amazon (including the HRM strap).

mcs
29/03/2013 at 13:54

Nice 10k in thick snow and ice on the Monsal Trail where you ran Oscarr on the GG down to Bakewell and back....this am in sunshine but the snow is still huge on the road from work, nine or ten foot walls of snow. Will post some pictures on here later. Could I do a marathon on May bank holiday Monday??? Any thoughts??

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.