Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

361 to 380 of 4,505 messages
27/05/2012 at 08:42
All best Rosie for today!

Will catch up on all the other posts at work if I'm not too busy.

FH
27/05/2012 at 09:21
Thanks FH! Just walking to the start..
27/05/2012 at 17:56

Oooooo Rosie - how was it. Hope you are not fried to a crisp!

27/05/2012 at 17:58
mcs wrote (see)
Thanks for thoughts. Nightmare day as turned up to holiday house and it was uninhabitable by pigs! Now got one night in the holiday inn but now booked another apartment x two loads of money. Nightmare as no two daughter Very poorly on the way up. And is now in bed with temperature in a darkened hotel room.

You poor thing! We had a similar thing up in the lakes believe it or not! I hope you get your money back plus some for the inconvenience. Hope daughter no two is feeling much better too.

Now a stormingly good race to make up for it is in order! Best Wishes!

27/05/2012 at 21:31
Any news ?

FH
27/05/2012 at 23:37
I think MCS did it in 4:10 which is bloody great time In The heat, well done! And Rosie who was just enjoying the day 3:42, great time !

FH
28/05/2012 at 09:07

whoop whoops all round!  That must have been  a hard old day - first MK, now Edi - are marathons becoming weather-jinxed?

Looking forward to all the gory details now - thanks for the update FH, I was getting itchy to know how they'd got on.  Hope both (and mcs family) are ok and eating well deserved ice creams! 

My 5k was far enough for me - stupidly I set off with the fast ladies in the hope of a fast start which I certainly got!!! LOL Hopefully good training but couldn't keep up with them for too long and gathered another long 23 for my collection!

Another 5k on Wednesday for me and then it's time to settle into my Langdale prep!  Just entered Belper on 19 August - anyone else coming out to play that day?

28/05/2012 at 09:41

If it was 4:10 then thats a pb by about 26 mins i think which is awesome - well done mcs - report please..

28/05/2012 at 09:45

I hope I got the right person on the results page, MSC is Mark Smith ??  If I got it wrong really sorry    !

FH

28/05/2012 at 09:53

Oh bum, got it wrong and now cant get in to results to get Marks correct time.  Its Mark Street. 

MCS, how did you get on ?  Sorry for posting the wrong time.

FH

28/05/2012 at 12:41

Lol FH - even better  - I've just logged in and he ran 4:08:31 so even better - whoopy whoopy!

Good news for me - I've just achieved my second goal of the year which was to get my runBritain score below 15 and thanks to the 5k yesterday being mixed terrain I'm now at 14.9 (1st goal was a 5k PB, rest = PBs at all/any other distance + completing 2nd mara in any old time - don't care what, just need to do one)

So you two - how's the prep for the lakes coming along?  Am particularly interested in how you're building your mileage again between maras, given the shortened prep phase - care to share your running-gods-wisdom?

28/05/2012 at 12:46

oh and if I forgot to say - no news to report on Ben at London - he had to pull out the day before with a stinky cold.  He was depressing himself looking at the results last night - we reckon he'd have certainly been top 10 based on the way he's been running but I applied the collective common sense of our trusty forum and reminded him that he'd only have ruined the rest of the season by making himself worse and probably ending up with a chest infection.  Anyhow - he can only just about jog without turning into a spluttering snot monster - time for a little rest for him me thinks... And we all know that wives are always right... don't we?  ahem - don't we?

28/05/2012 at 12:56

Congratulations mcs!  Great way to smash a PB! 

I appear to be pretty much pain-free this morning.  Good job too, because the lack of exercise is resulting in a return of my migraines and I had an absolute stonker yesterday 

I walked my son to school with no problems, which was a 1.5 mile round trip.  I'm debating whether to give the treadmill a go later (I can jump off the treadmill at the first sign of any problems).  I'll be happy to get a mile or two jogging done to get the ball rolling.  Erm...bad choice of phrase.

Congratulations on the handicap SB!  

28/05/2012 at 13:47

Thanks Sleepy, thats awesome news. Well done on your ranking Sleepy, great work.

FH

28/05/2012 at 14:59

FH - you were lucky that Mark Smith was slower !! tee hee..

Sleepy - you seem to have a good, long term strategy there which is commendable - is there a long term goal at the end of it or just good fitness?  Re plans for Lakeland - been busy running to hospitals etc so the running has been slow to get up to mileage so far - after Mar of North mileage for each week has been zero, 13,17 - just been for 10 mile MP run (still sweating !!) and plan to do 30+ miles this week then prob 35 per week up to lakeland (1st July) with a one week taper - will prob do a local 10k race on Sunday 10th june (Wargrave).  Trying to adopt Hal higdon's consistency approach in running at least every 48 hrs.

28/05/2012 at 19:15

Tentative two miles this evening.  First mile was gradual build-up from walking and averaged just over 12 minute pace, and the second mile was 10:00 pace.  Fingers crossed, seems fine so far.  Hoping for a three mile recovery pace run tomorrow.

28/05/2012 at 19:34

Ten - i reckon you're nuts...

mcs
28/05/2012 at 20:01
Back home! Slightly disappointed with my silver and no gold but the heat was bad! Ran a very steady half with Greg my sil then the quiet exposed miles out past the power station got hotter n hotter we got to 20 in just three hours and Greg said keep going he had cramp. I pressed on to 22 then passing the Sikh chap and a guy in pink I just went and walked drinking and drinking. About fifty percent of the folk were walking by now and I realised the sun was taking it's toll on me, sunburn everywhere apart from the head as the lotion had gone........managed to keep going past a guy who was being worked on with paramedics and police. My determination kept me going with a sprint down the last half mile, there was a tear of relief, joy disappointment as I went for my bag. Greg came in 4.19 brilliant for the lack of training and in that weather.
My brilliant oh did 2.14 for the half and eldest did 2.21. Younger daughter was too I'll to run sadly getting a bug on the way up.
28/05/2012 at 20:25

mcs - in the circumstances i reckon you got Gold, big time - many congrats - enjoy your rest (you can build another shed now ..!!) - pass on my hearty congrats to all your family as well.

28/05/2012 at 21:30

Absolutely mcs - that heat was nasty - will be interesting to see how runBritain weights it for you - my flat as a pancake 5k (with only about a third on grass) was ranked as 2.0 which I reckon had to be down to the heat.  I'd guessed it'd be about a 1.0!!!  Improved by my handicap by 0.3 but it was only my second fastest 5k.

Well done to all of you! And hope your daughter is feeling a bit better now.

Go Ten - just be sensible ya hear!

oscarr - hope Linda is getting chance to feel the sun on her face. Say hi from us! My only long term goal is to keep training and progressing - I like eating way too much to get away without doing any exercise! Am loving all the age gradings and weightings that seem to be appearing - it makes achieving a meaningful improvement much more attainable I reckon! Lakeland -  Am sure you'll still be carrying the fitness from your last one.  Keeping injury-free and fresh has to be the priority doesn't it?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.