Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

3,861 to 3,880 of 4,505 messages
18/04/2013 at 14:37

Yay - Thank you Sleepy!

Shall put some on the Tesco's order. My armies are a little tired after the swim set! Did quite a bit of kicking with paddles and got lots of cramp ... not sure how track will go tonight!

18/04/2013 at 19:55

Hi all 

Glad to catch up, and am ready to punt 2:41:07 for Choisty.

I felt like I was being auctioned off when I saw your early round number guesses on me, and I love the confidence that generally prevails.

Today I have had a sports massage AND Tui Na, and my left knee is definitely a bit sore despite these interventions and after 3 miles easy with strides during which it seemed to be fine.  

I thought maybe I was imagining the knee thing.  

Just finished work til next Wednesday though, so will relax and go to the sauna tomorrpw, soften things up a bit and stretch.

On my run everything felt light, fresh and fluid which is otherwise encouraging.

BoD do not despond, you will enjoy your running all the more after the break, I like the idea of having incremental targets, or even just doing each PR faster than the last is a fun approach.

This is not just any 8 year old, she probably has all 30 of the genes they talked about in AW last week!

18/04/2013 at 21:58
Your right she is a bit odd...but she is a gymnast
18/04/2013 at 22:24
And a very good gymnast I believe!
19/04/2013 at 08:44

I think that if she has any of her Dad's genetics, she gonna end up like Jo Pavey...  Or that really bendy woman who won a load of stuff in London (note the lack of gymnastics knowledge) More excuses from me. Tell you what though, I've been reflecting on my improving pace before January and think I might have taken it for granted. That's not going to happen again.  

Well in my attempt to beat an 8 y/o over 5k I've been to the gym this morning (one of those budget jobs @ £10.99 a month) and ran 5k over 'hills'. Now I HATE treadmills, but has to be said that it's better than repeating a flyover with traffic fumes with only 75(ish) meters. Not sure how long it took, because in the great me tradition I couldn't figure out how the machine worked... Also did a LOAD of core work with balls, plymetrics and some weights. Looking forward to my 1.5 mile time trial on Tuesday now and getting to know a new bunch of people.

RR: Keep easy and enjoy that light, trained feeling. We're not auctioning you off, just encoraging

Emma: Did I read that right? 2.5k swin??? Now the through of that makes my arms ache.

19/04/2013 at 09:36

BoD, when you say "loads of core work with balls" was that in the changing rooms, if it was it doesn't count as excercise

Emma, I ma thinking about a tri in July any tips for getting started.  I can swim (but not quickly), I used to be pretty good on a bike (but I haven't trained recently) & I'm an OK runner (I think I can cope with this bit)

19/04/2013 at 09:45

guesses coming in on speedy-man:

Ten - 2:34:56

Bo - 2:38:30

mcs - 2.39.39

EmmaC - 2:40.38

reiki - 2:41:07

sleepy - 2:42:42

oscarr - 2:43:09

And round up on kick ass reiki:

Ten 3:55:00

BoDuke 3:56:00

oscarr   3:57:00

Sleepy 3:58:00

EmmaC 3:58.43

choisty 3:59:26

mcs 3.59.57

Go get em this weekend folks!  Will be glued to the tv trying to spot you

19/04/2013 at 09:55

Choisty: You've got me mate...  But did make me sweaty...  Meant those weighted balls, what the hell are they called? No, not begining with T or B.

Oh, BTW does anyone know when the ballot opens for VLM next year? Need to be quick and pay attention.

19/04/2013 at 10:04
Sleepy Bear wrote (see)

Go get em this weekend folks!  Will be glued to the tv trying to spot you

Last year I sat watching the finish line cameras when the main coverage had finished (red button on BBC) 

Next year's VLM is on 13th April, so I now have less than a year to be ready!!!!   Do I travel on the day, or get a hotel?  Hmmm decisions.  So little time.

19/04/2013 at 10:09

Kettlebells?  Or those medicine balls BoD?  Never used either and can't work most treadies either.  The Alter G is very user friendly you can go up or down in 1 or 10% increments.  

19/04/2013 at 10:11

Can't get in on my Anniversary Games pre-sale link, surprise surprise, after waiting in til 10 to buy tickets!  

Off to the sauna now. 

19/04/2013 at 10:27

RR: Medicine balls, that's it. 5kg one. Doing trunk twists. Enjoy the sauna.

I'm gonna have some TV action too. Thomas keeps saying 'Danny run..' so hope he enjoys it too. Go kick butt people!

19/04/2013 at 11:10

RR, I'm having the same problem, doh!

19/04/2013 at 14:15

Just realised that I'm at the ExCel tomorrow for something else. If anyone is registering, fancy grabbing a coffee?

19/04/2013 at 14:32

BoD, yep I'm there picking up my number with Jayne and the kids, don't know what time though, would be more than happy to catch-up, I've sent you my number by PM

19/04/2013 at 14:37

Coolio Lee.

19/04/2013 at 15:45
Last year I sat watching the finish line cameras when the main coverage had finished (red button on BBC) 

Oh, how cool is that. I can Red Button stalk people... That and chip stalking is gonna be a great way to spend a Sunday morning.

19/04/2013 at 15:48
To be honest lee I haven't actually done a tri yet - first planned in May and I haven't even got a road bike! I should image due to your strength and fitness you'll be pretty damned amazing and assuming you've got a sprint planned will only be doing a 5k at the end which of course due to your endurance training will prove to be a doddle.

With the swimming you need to train enough so that you can do your swim (400 - 750 I assume) and get out not feeling exhausted for the rest. The biggest bulk of a tri is the bike and second is the run - the swim is usually the shortest section so you'll storm it!
19/04/2013 at 15:50
Yes Craig 2.5 k - it's not all in one go broken up in to warm up, drills and main set just like track training. Did 6 x 600m last night - at about 3:48 so getting there slowly!
19/04/2013 at 15:57

Good work Emma! The thought of swimming 0.5k scares the living daylights out of me...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.