Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

4,061 to 4,080 of 4,505 messages
09/05/2013 at 10:10

Congratulations Anthony! 

09/05/2013 at 10:47

Hello guys, sounds like training and racing is going well.  Sorry I have not been around but been rather busy organising our race:

http://www.twistkingsclere5.org.uk/ it's on the 7 July if anyone is interested, great route around watership down.

anyway training is back on...2 rep sessions in and really enjoying them, witha view to racing 3000m Steeplechase this summer, apart from that it is all relaxed running less than an hour a complete change (also requires less fuel...) Raced Alton 10 on Sunday in 60.07 but course was 0.1M long, which is annoying as my streak of sub-hr 10M is broken now, still 13th overall and 3rd V40 so back in the prizes.

09/05/2013 at 11:39

Hi Anthony *waves*

Will mention it to his lordship Choisty - no idea what he has planned for July - I will probably still be re-learning how to walk at that point LOLOLOL

Oscarr - have a great journey north - will see you up there. 

I have the second half of my B2B to do today - am dragging my feet a little but then I'm not doing a long run til the mara a week on Saturday so it has to be done.  Am learning how dedicated these ultra runners are - feel like every run takes half a day up at the mo LOLOLOL

09/05/2013 at 12:24

Choisty that looks like a lovely race.

SB sounds ideal to me!  Can't wait to retire.

mcs
09/05/2013 at 13:24

Wow you ultra guys are doing amazing, enjoy Cape Wrath. Running on the back burner here due to work and stuff. Managed a seven mile on Sunday am in 58 mins so not too fat yet. All the best to all and A on new job.

09/05/2013 at 14:04

AC8 I'm doing everything backwards today!

Very well done on the PB.

And the job!

i had the same thing happen back in 1988!

After I applied for 71 jobs. 

09/05/2013 at 14:32

AC8 - well done and congratulations.

SB & Oscarr - good luck with the travels and the racing

Everybody else - well done on the training

Choisty -  I ran that race in 2011, so time for another go, if my wife doesn't book a holiday at the wrong time like last year.....

As for my running 3wks after marathon:

parkrun at w/e in Wycombe which is not my home track but my sister and her hubby run there. So I ran 20:24 and nicked the age record; then I ran both my brother in law and sister into the finish over their last 800m and they both got PB'S by about a minute.

On Sunday ran 11 miles in the heat; no drink or gels so that was interesting

Then last night: 1 mile w/u then 3 x 1m fast off 5 min jog in between (splits over decreasing severity of hills: 7:09; 6:50; 6:40), followed by 5m progressive run home in a rainstorm and strong cross wind that soaked me (splits 9:44 uphill; 8:50, 8:38; 8:35 and 8:23 to finish) with a rainbow and bright sun again!

Total just over 10 m, but I missed a turn in the lane as I was focusing so hard on the task and probably ran 4 miles further than I intended. Oh well.....all good and going for two 10k's in the next 3 weeks or so. (Newbury and Wargrave)

09/05/2013 at 14:42

Great training Mike and well done on the record 5K

09/05/2013 at 18:39

Excellent Mike.

it's so windy here I am having trouble holding my ground with some of the gusts.

09/05/2013 at 22:37

Wowee Mike - amazing running. SB and OSCARR- you make me feel sooooo inadequate - great running!

Congratulations Anthony!

It is jolly blustery and wet here - managed 4 miles earlier but feltthought. Sore calves and sneezy with sore throat! Boo - go away bugs.

10/05/2013 at 08:45

Wowsers Mike - hope we can come back that strong after CW! 

Emma - if it makes you feel any better - after my epic day yesterday I ended up not going out for my run (will reschedule it for the weekend).  For those who don't know I recycled my purse accidentally along with a bag of clothing and then waited several hours for the lovely collection man to come and open the door of the clothing bank to retrieve it.  Totally my own fault for rushing around and so very grateful for the helpline number on the door! Whooooopsie

Today's a rest day - completely agree reiki - the concept of running for hours every day is a lovely one until you've been doing for a while and are a bit tired LOL.  Bet I'll be raring to go again by Saturday though...

10/05/2013 at 09:49

Sleepy - think we have both got to the same "tired" place - after the exploits over the last 5 or 6 weeks of very high mileage I have also felt the need for a restful week this week - it was always planned to be a cut-back week ahead of CW but I have cut right back to make sure i don't overtrain; will be doing two 4 mile recovery runs plus my spinning on Tuesday making 12 miles in total as I will not run at all this weekend wiht the travel - plan is to move into zone 3 training for most of the runs next week which will be a 50+ mile week ending wiht the marathon.

See you there !!!!!

10/05/2013 at 12:47

SB & Oscarr, I can sympathise completely it reminds me of marathon training 80-120M weeks, constant tiredness...but it is worth the sacrfise now to have a good time on the wall, keep your spirits high.

And when it is over you can look forward to sessions like 25 x 200m which I ran yesterday on the track, so different from marathon training.  All in 34s each apart from the last one which was 29.99

10/05/2013 at 13:39

Even for me the contrast yesterday was much enjoyed when I got back to 30/20/10s which I love, it seems like you haven't done a lot when the whole thing takes an hour, although actually I prefer the long slow runs.

Tui Na this morning has sorted my shin.  I nearly revealed my ignorance by asking him to do my hamstrings on the other side, only to be pre-empted with the information that everything was now flowing to my right side and I should be fine for Sunday.

It never ceases to astonish me that things I'd definitely have considered show stoppers before just aren't with Tui Na.  

10/05/2013 at 13:52

Yea gads Choisty - I'll take the 4 or 5 hour plod thanks!!!!!!   As soon as I get up t'north I will be all systems go again!  Durness always has that effect on me.  I'll come home super keen I can guarantee. 

oscarr - I haven't done any where near as much as you so you have every right to have a  good break!  I'll do 3½ on Saturday / 2 hours on Sunday then I have an hour planned every day Tuesday-Thursday and 40 mins on Friday.  Thursday will include the beach run, dogs permitting.  If Lucky isn't coping very well (though I suspect he will be as soon as he sees the beach and has worn himself out) I will dogsit and Ben will run with you!  Either way you just need to enjoy yourself. Wonder what colour the hoodies are this year!  I need a new one - I wore last year's one loads - but it had to go after I spilled bleach on it!  So I have to start and finish the marathon come hell or high water to justify a new one!

10/05/2013 at 17:52

I'm a sucker for event merchandise

10/05/2013 at 17:56

Me too, I only used to go to the InterCounties for the hoodie. 

I can recommend Oakley 20 as the best in the South!

10/05/2013 at 17:56

Now watching Diamond League from Doha on the red.

11/05/2013 at 16:06

Hmmmm - monsoon anyone!  8 miles into a 13 mile jog/walk .... NICE

LOLOLOL - still on the plus side - breaking news in HR training land - most of my miles in zone 2 have been starting with a 13 (even an odd 12) instead of a 14 in the last couple of weeks.  Snuck a mile or so of MP in after my drowning, to warm up before the hypothermia set in, too just for good measure.

Anyway it's "Toodle ooo" for now folks - heading off to meet oscarrypops 2moro and I can't get the forum on my phone without major drama.  So - hope you all have a fabby week - will look forward to catching up when we get back and since I'm treating myself to 4 whole days of recovery I shall be needing something to do

11/05/2013 at 16:18

Can't wait to hear all about it SB - have a blast you two!!

I'm now in bed watching Columbo just down the road from the Don Valley stadium and am all set for tomorrow, taped leg up for a little boost, and am delighted to report that the Lenny Henry hotels have bath as well as shower.

Am hoping for a non deluge in the morning.

Meanwhile two astonishing things have happened - I was catching up on a couple of AWs on my way up on the train, and spotted that the Watford 10K had WV results, and not only that, but that they listed this woman [someone I know actually] as having won the WV55s in 55:14.

Well hello I ran 49:33

Better still is the fact that I never used to beat Carole, don't think she had the flu though!

And then the news came in that the lottery bid we submitted for the athletics project I run, and which which took eons to compile, has been successful - so we have £s for 3 years!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.