Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

4,221 to 4,240 of 4,505 messages
05/06/2013 at 12:49

Trouble is Ten I am rubbish at getting to bed early enough! Always stuff to do!

05/06/2013 at 12:52
Emma

Enjoy it, mid table would be awesome!

Hi Choisty!
05/06/2013 at 12:58

Oh no Ten - that's a pain - hope you find it!

Welcome back Choisty

1st mile under 12 minutes in zone 2 today - told ya it wouldn't be long didn't I - now for them to become more frequent - whoop whoop

05/06/2013 at 13:06

No chance of that I'm afraid, Sleepy . It will be found by archeologists ten thousand years hence, who wil pontificate over whether it was used to skin a rabbitosaurus.

In the meantime, I've had another key cut 

05/06/2013 at 13:31

Mid table would also be a first Reiki! But I need to aim higher if I want to improve. So excited about it!

05/06/2013 at 15:58
Nice one SB.
06/06/2013 at 12:00

SB, does that mean you are now fitter?

I had a weird experience yesterday as I dropped off forms for the Twist Kingsclere 5 at the yateley 10km, yes I am one of those annoying people who leaflet your car. I decided to "race", but only had training attire and very old stuff too, so looked rather like a jogger, then I started in the 40 - 45 min pen and ran it as a tempo run (this is a first for me), I relaxed and clicked round in 38mins, only "racing" in the last km where there is a steepish hill overtaking about 6 others.  I then smiled thanked everyone round me and trotted off, very relaxed...I might try it again!

06/06/2013 at 12:14

Afternoon all!

Ten - my you have some strange wildlife down your way

Thanks reiki - how's that foot today?

In theory Choisty - the improvement is 4mph over 4 months at an average HR of 65%.  I've run my 2nd fastest 10k and marathon so far this year on the back of it and am looking forward to seeing what else I can do after the wall is done and I've gone back to running 'sensible' events   Got a couple of 10ks and a half lined up for the late summer/autumn before Cyprus.There's a lot to say for just enjoying races isn't there - there are far too many people that take it all too seriously...

06/06/2013 at 12:15

Even head to toe in asics I look like a Jogger!

mcs
06/06/2013 at 13:28

When is the wall then guys must be close now......?

Congrats to Mike. Honorary Bath Half Man.....well done.

Time for more work. Cycling a bit and running a little too though not got sorted properly yet. Big play at Nottingham next weekend then life is mine again.

Stay fit guys, friend of ours just been admitted to hospital 40 with heart issues, overweight though.

Happy running walking etc.....

06/06/2013 at 14:52

Choisty - that's the way i ran all my races up in Cape Wrath and ended up with very good times and most importantly had a ball in every race - dosen't half put a smile on your face!!  Mind you, i did get accused of stalking two dutch girls as i reeled them in during the last stages of each race!!

Sleepy - 2 weeks today i start my journey to Carlilse for The Wall - up to mums then meet you guys on the Friday - it's getting close!!

mcs - The Wall is 22/23 June so two weeks on Saturday.

07/06/2013 at 08:01
I'm reminded of using races during marathon training - progression runs over both the half and the 20 mile distance were quite a hoot towards the end - very frustrating at the start though, especially Brighton.

I had the ultimate Tui Na yesterday, it was so intense I came out mashed, but must say that right foot/leg/shin moveable feast is much improved, and I'm having another dose tomorrow afternoon in case I can do Concorde.

This seems mad to me, but I am assured that doubt is eating my mind. Well I can asssure you that I am not going to hobble round the 5.

Meanwhile my left hip is quite sore also, due to the stair negotiations mainy Iguess.

I did a pilates class yesterday, but that was that.
07/06/2013 at 09:27

Reiki - what is Tui Na - is it some form of massage? Sounds tough whatever it is!

07/06/2013 at 10:02

Yo oscarr - miles away yet!  Still have to ring the lady about the dogs - am hoping to drop them off en route but will confirm probably next week.

Nice day for a 10 miler - am feeling a bit jaded but that's probably just the madness of the tapir! I'll be fine once I get going. My average pace has increased every run for the last 5 runs so the rest is doing me good.

Enjoy Friday all

07/06/2013 at 15:21
Emma, yes, it's a Chinese therapy, and - ta da - it is with the utmost astonishment that I can report a humongous improvement since yesterday, - I am even having a glimmer of hope despite myself, and am going back tomorrow afternoon for what I'm reliably informed is a pre race tune up like the elite athletes have.

At the very least, collapsiness has gone, pain has gone.
07/06/2013 at 16:28

Whoop Whoop - That's great news reiki

07/06/2013 at 16:37
SB I still doubt I could jog the length of the kitchen, it's just such a contrast from the never to the soon!
07/06/2013 at 16:40

You'll be back on top form before you know it reiki

08/06/2013 at 10:03

83:40 for me last night.  Pb of 82.22 stands from the one and only other road 10miler I've done and that was back in 2004 or 5 - can't remember which but I'm happy with that - still reckon I can go quicker than I did bcak then even tho I'm marginally older 

Mile splits : 8:26 / 8:04 / 8:04 / 8:04 / 8:15 / 8:15 / 8:20 / 8:38 / 8:37 / 8:06

Ran comfortably - average HR was 179 which felt sustainable (96%) and probably suggests that my max is actually higher but there you go - will have to wait for my next 5k to see if I can beast myself  properly.  Max HR looks like a blip as it's showing 219 so I won't use that one  

The course was 2 laps of Holme Pierrepont, the National Watersports centre - you'd have loved it Em - loads of triathletes (I presume) swimming in the lake.  Pretty flat course with a couple of small rises and whilst a little breezy there were plenty of folks to hide behind.  Lovely Tshirt (ladies got pink / men got white) and a bottle of beer at the finish.

And now for 3 days of laziness - no surprises that little jaunt put me back into the red zone of my training load but handily it says I'll be ready to train again on Tuesday as planned

08/06/2013 at 13:16
SB that's marvellous running - I reckon your max is indeed higher, and I couldn't help noticing that your comfortable running by feel produces a similar profile to mine in terms of clustered miles at what translates to meaningful significant paces.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.