Auviour Paris: So long and thanks for the cobbles

1,881 to 1,900 of 4,505 messages
mcs
25/10/2012 at 11:58

Did a five and a half trot to work averaging 8.30. Felt cold this morning.....going to be chilly next week in a pod in the Lakes off up there for three or four nights weather depending....... Going to have to dig a schedule out to prepare for GGallop and get some serious hills into the program....... There are four seriously big hill sections over fields and paths which are likely to be very muddy.......my stick legs need some work.....

25/10/2012 at 12:21

ooh book sounds interesting SB - might have a look for that one!

25/10/2012 at 12:23

I was just going to bed last night when the thought suddenly entered my head - Oscarr's marathon! How did it go??! So have just read back through the thread to find out. SO SO pleased to see you achieved a new PB Oscarr, that is absolutely fantastic. And a decent few minutes off too (I'm ecstatic when I knock seconds off my times these days!). That sub-4 isn't out of the question - but park that for now and revel in the glory of a brand new PB. No one can ask for more than that, I reckon.

Gearing up for the next Target 26.2 Project now - selection day Nov 30th and then three more 'chickens' for mother hen to look after Hope they do as well as Emma, Rosie and Craig did...

Happy running, all.

mcs
25/10/2012 at 13:23

Hi Sam if you read this, Oscarr has opted for the West Indies as his post marathon treat!!!! Cant be bad......all the best for the Asics thingy, might try and get in again though I suspect age is against me........though its worth mentioning to all concerned and to Asics who sponsor the thing, that the middle age have more cash than the younger folk and I reckon on here, as in RW, there are more over the age of 40 than under........ so why not a 50 year old??? I want a sub four!!

25/10/2012 at 16:10
Hi guys - you know those annoying people who write notes from sunny places well I promised to myself not to do that to you all cos I know what it would be like to be sat in a cold, wet, cloudy UK and be reading them.......then I got here and thought.....wouldn't it be nice to send a note to the gang from this sunny, blue sky, 30 degree, beach in Antigua....."another rum punch sir?- well it would be rude not to!"

You can kill me later!!
25/10/2012 at 16:16
Sam - thanks ever so much for thinking of me and my continued marathon experience- as you can see I am well pleased with progress and really enjoyed abingdon.

Really appreciate your continued support for this forum and even found your last post inspiring and confirms my view that maybe another PB is possible but to park it for now.

Good luck with next year's chicks - not for me this time as I reckon it's a young guns thing really.
25/10/2012 at 19:21

I've registered an interest in the Asics Target 26.2 thing I'm not sure if I have the credentials that they'd be looking for - we'll see
Oscar Enough already! It is cold, damp and dark here!  

mcs
26/10/2012 at 09:29

Rum punch for me please Oscarr you dog!!!! Freezing here in the Peak District this morning. My daughter went for an early run and nicked my gloves and jacket so had to run to work in skins and t shirt with no gloves and short sleeves......time for a hot coffee........only 16 degrees inside the office here.

26/10/2012 at 10:08

Oscarr, thats not fair, stop it now!! Only Joking, Enjoy the sun, the rum and the clear blue sea, well earned! 

Only a few runs left for me now !  Will do 5miles tonight, 3 Saturday, 8 Sunday and then 4 Tuesday and 5 Thursday before I go to Heathrow.  Then i'm done.  I can't believe how quickly NY has come around, mad or what.

Anyone racing this weekend, if so all the very best.

FH

p.s  Please SB  can I change my prediction to 3.28.35 ? need to allow for the extra half mile I will run!

26/10/2012 at 11:21

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - sorry for temporary absence!  Had a friend to visit with her two under-3 year olds = mayhem as you can imagine!  Wowsers that's exhausting!

oscarr - yayyyyy - glad you checked in - hope you're having a lovely time!

FH - ok - just this once

Here's how we stand on FH's NYM:

Choisty : 3:27:37

FH - 3:28:35

me - 3:28:45 (feel free to stop just before the line and count to ten! hee hee)

Mike - 3:29:50

mcs - 3:29:59

AC8 - 3:33:33

oscarr - care to jump in? 

Had my first go at TRX suspension training yesterday - it is awesome if you ever get to have a go.  It's basically a series of webbing straps hanging from an A frame and you use them to perform exercises using your own body weight - for example - you loop your feet through the foot straps and then do  plank (with your feet suspended).  Everything is done really slowly and controlled and you really feel your core engaging!  Am hooked!

26/10/2012 at 11:52
My guess for FH - 3.34.12
26/10/2012 at 12:06

Got it! 

Right am going out in the freezing coldness - ps Hey oscarr - did you know we're forecast snow tonight?  LOL - no really, we are - first xc on Sunday - won't be wearing shorts!!!!

26/10/2012 at 12:20

SB,  thanks for keeping the list of my predicted time, as they are all a PB I am more than happy !!  Just 26.2 miles to run.. lol

FH

mcs
26/10/2012 at 14:08

All the best FH have a great last week training and go easy no sliipping on leaves or anything dangerous.........had a nice trot this morning up to 23 miles this week I think and cross country home tonight through the mud. SOunds like fun SB was that in your own home?
My daughter rang to apologise!!!! Kids......... She saw me set off but couldn't catch me, that made me feel good, my 21 year old cant catch her old dad, long may that continue!!! For how much longer not sure. Going to be racing her at Coniston, might get messy she is very competitive....... Been over to a certain German site that opened this week

26/10/2012 at 17:18

Cheers MCS, I will enjoy these lasat few runs before I head to the US of A !  Watch out for these young guns, they always want to beat us old-uns!

FH

26/10/2012 at 19:46

Phew at last I have re-emerged from the week from hell.  Hi all.  I popped in and read bits but couldn't get two minutes peace, loads of incidents, just awful.  And my ex came over from LA so that was another thing.

Great report Mike, I felt like I was there with all that pavement hopping I tend ti get involved in, but then to hear you out jogging 9 min miles already, well that's just cheeky!  Hope FIL is OK.

Oscarr I enjoyed your report, your reflections and perspective even more.  I understand completely, having taken up running following a majpr bereavement and loving the way it fits with the philosophy you describe, and which certainly helped me at work this week. 

So jealous of the sunny beach recovery week Oscarr!

I had my go on the G Trainer today, that was very fun.  I tried quite a workable 75%, but went down to 60% for a laugh, and it was a hoot.  They had messed up my booking though, so I trekked across town for a 30 min slot [which included an induction].

There was a grid roller class on when I finished, so went to that as well, although it turned out to be mums and toddlers kind of lying down and sitting up now and again using the roller.  Not exactky SB's idea of core training one feels. 

FH your fundraising is awesome.  I am predicting 3:28:59. 

Oh! my sister Lara might come to Coniston, she's half my age and very tall.  She's trying to get me to do the Alnwick Trail half on 23 June next year in Northumberland. Any interest? 

26/10/2012 at 20:04

Brrr - this morning I had to get my car to an MOT about 4 miles away. Drove over, jogged back - well that was the plan but it was so cold it took me 1 1/2 miles to warm up and so my pace went higher than I wanted....

Found myself at 8:02 pace which was too fast really for a marathon recovery  but hey, I managed!

This afternoon, (collecting said car) I wimped out of another run and took the mountain bike out for a spin - it was even colder! So that counts as x-training.....

Legs feel good though.....!

26/10/2012 at 20:42

Eastleigh 10k 2013 open for business.

Must be a bargain at £13.00 so they have my money.

This is a fast circuit and my PB last year and works well into anyone's spring marathon programme.

Anyone else care to join me?

27/10/2012 at 10:32

Morning all

Hey Reiki - welcome back! Congrats on surviving that week - sounds like a right old mission ((( )))  Have added your guess to the list - will recap again next week! Can't believe you don't consider rolling around on the floor core work - maybe that's where I've been going wrong LOLOLOLOLOLO. 23rd June is 2nd day of the Wall for me and oscarr - not sure we'll fancy doing a half on top

If I miss you before you jet off FH - have a fantastic, fantastic run - looking forward to hearing all about it already. 

Mike - will take a look at Eastleigh - thanks!

Just going out on my bike today - we had a sprinkle of the white stuff last night and I have that nice low level kind of soreness going on that means I definitely used my abs in my TRX session (at a gym mcs - we're trying to figure out if we could put a strap somewhere - might be able to use the pull up bar we have somehow!). Not sure I'm looking forward to the xc tomorrow at the moment - time to MTFU and get on with it!

27/10/2012 at 11:54
Ha SB! We literally did two sit ups!

I guess I'm not doing the Wall, hadn't officially decided but I think it would be too risky timings wise.

Off to the XC now, have old trainers, spikes, and the new Lahars so am going to get round whole. Lovely low sun and crispy here.
1,881 to 1,900 of 4,505 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.