Barcelona Marathon 2012

25/03/2012

1 to 20 of 168 messages
31/07/2011 at 11:21
I'm in! Anyone else?
11/09/2011 at 09:06

Im in the ballot for VLM but if I dont get a spot Id love to do this. I've never been to Barcelona and would absolutely love to go! The route sounds lovely - taking in all the big tourist sights.... 

16/09/2011 at 22:50
Im in the ballot for VLM... I did it last year for charity and I have no idea why I went for the ballot again as I dont really want to do London now. I hope I wont get in
21/09/2011 at 21:42

I'm in as well. I am also in the balot for VLM. we'll see. maybe 2 marathons in 2 months)))

29/09/2011 at 16:57
Will be nice to see if this thread gets a bit more attention now that rejections for VLM are out
04/10/2011 at 14:56

Barcelona is fantastic.  But I was only there 2 years ago.

Any other good marathons people recommend?

05/10/2011 at 12:46
I'll be making my mind up between Barca or roma for Spring 2012. I'd like to do them both, just deciding the details. Having run Paris 3x before i can recommend that to you jdw, although they are now on the final tranche of 10,000 applicants, so don't hang around if you are interested.
05/10/2011 at 17:22
Dead Sea from Amman to the Dead Sea is a good one. The first 25 km are downhill, the rest flat. And from very cold to pretty damned hot. Great scenery.
13/10/2011 at 14:23
Hey guys, Awesome to see that you are interested in the Barcelona Marathon, I'm currently getting a group together to run it next March! We currently have 10 people signed-up and we are fundraising for a charity called Childreach International, an international development charity that improves the health, education and protection of children in the developing world. An information booklet can be found at http://www.childreach.org.uk/images/marathon/barcelona-marathon.pdfThe charity has teamed up with Running Crazy so that all the accommodation, flights, race entry and airport transfers are included in the minimum fundraising target of £1250 and half for the money you raise will be spent directly on charitable expenditure. (Anything raised above will also go directly on improving the lives of children in the developing world as well!)  I think the best part of this is you not only get to run a fantastic marathon but also explore Barcelona and could just fit it into your work schedule as it happens over the weekend from Friday 23rd to Monday 26th March 2012. Not to mention running for a great cause!    If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know at ashley.farrell@childreach.org.uk  To give you some background of myself I am studying an MA at SOAS in London and currently work part-time for the charity. I would also be fundraising alongside you guys and co-ordinate everything on the ground.  Any questions at just let me know but would be great if you would like to join our team!  Best wishes,  Ashley  
30/10/2011 at 15:05
just signed up for this.

Still got a sore toe after doing the liverpool marathon and only done a few runs the last month, hamstring is a bit funny. So my training plan is take it easy (8 milers till christmas) then post new year give up the booze and run far fast!
01/11/2011 at 12:56

I have registered,  12 of us going !!  I put a post to get any tips however not many replies.  I am going Sat to Wed.  

Tammy

06/11/2011 at 15:15
I have signed up to the Barcelona Marathon with Childreach International ^^ see above. So excited! Started training this week but going to be more focused next week. So far I'm looking at sub 4.30 but who knows, I may surprise myself!
15/11/2011 at 02:08
I've just registered for Barcelona, which will be marathon number 3 for me (Berlin '10 and Liverpool '11 were my others).
15/11/2011 at 08:41

Who are you all booked with. looking at crazy running now.  did you register yourselves or go through travel company

17/11/2011 at 12:50
Just booked flights with KLM.  Sorting it al solo.
01/12/2011 at 15:23

Hi Barcelona runners, I've decided to sign up, caving in to pressure from my housemate who signed up months ago...

So I make it 16 weeks this Sunday, time to choose a schedule, any recommendations? I ran 3:21 in Berlin in my first marathon in September so hoping to beat that, although I'm well aware that Berlin is probably a faster marathon...

05/12/2011 at 00:19
All signed up for Barca 2012! Been out from running for a 3-4 months with plantar fasciitis, but the last three weeks have been pain free so hopefully that bodes well. Did 3:41 in Prague this year so hoping to go near 3:30.

Flights booked with BA; nice hotel booked too. Making a long weekend of it (Fri/Mon). Anyone run it before? I assume the registration will be at the Expo on Saturday?
16/12/2011 at 19:52
I`m In !!!!!

I ran (well hobbled and winced) it last year...But injury beat me (I only just managed to crawl over the line .... Knee surgery was needed just after!.

So this year... I`ve got a grudge to bear !!

Yes Alex .... You pick up your Race number, Chip and nice goodie bag with T'shirt at the expo Friday or Saturday. Which is at the Start, so its a good time to recce for your morning journey.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of this one last year (even through the pain!) it was busy, but nowhere near as crowded as London, so you can actually set off at your pace and not be dodging in and out of people for the first 3/4 miles.

I`m looking for a CHEAP hotel for Saturday night, If anyone has any recommendations. I`m on my own this year... Mrs Spud is staying home with the nippers.

Now just got to get rid of this bloody cold !!
03/01/2012 at 19:37

Signed up for this back in October and (with the exception of ONE confirmation email) haven't heard a peep from them since. Thought there may have been some updates or similar, anyone reciving stuff from them? Not sure if it's just me....

03/01/2012 at 20:15
Bedders....

Don`t Worry...this happened to me before last years Barcelona Marathon ...I as concerned at the lack of contact.
I believe I received an email shortly before the race, and on turning up at the Expo to pick up my number and chip I produced a print out of the confirmation and my passport for ID ...and was away.

All I can say is although not as slick and professional in the run up, the race day experience was every bit as outstanding and enjoyable as the London marathon set up.

The website has ALL the details you need to know.

relax and enjoy your training
1 to 20 of 168 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.