Boston marathon

Are you in, are you training for 2013?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
01/02/2013 at 19:25

Straight home? What about the post-race taper? That's the best part

01/02/2013 at 21:48

Re entry: this year (Sept 2012 for 2013 entry) they staggered the applications so for instance if you were 20 mins + inside the BQ for your age grade you were allowed to register on the first day; then 15 mins to 20 mins on 2nd day etc etc.

So it actually filled in about two weeks but in a controlled manner with the fastest qualifiers (by gender age band, not absolute times) given first shot then the charity hordes at the end, but only about 6,000 of them.....

They also give you a chance to log an improved run if you have a faster time after the original BQ. In my case I BQ'd at VLM 2012 but improved in October 2012 so submitted my better time by email. I now have two acceptances......., but obviously only one place.

01/02/2013 at 22:44

Me too, very excited and slogging way with the training, going out on the Thursday and back Tuesday, can't wait!

19/03/2013 at 14:18

The countdown continues.... 27 days to go...

How is the preparation going?

Any others taking part?

26/03/2013 at 21:31

Soon after my post earlier I injured my hamstring so very little running since early Jan.  Over the last month I have been walking and jogging and seriously considering walking (mostly) and jogging in Boston.

It took me several years to qualify & there's no guarantee I could qualify again so whilst its not what I would have planned at least I can take part.   Looking to finish in about 6 hours so a little to spare before teh cut-off!

28/03/2013 at 17:37

Hi Mark, I really feel for you and looks like I might be joining you at the back. My injury seems to be caused by a bulging or herniated disc which is leading to lots of pain and a completely dead leg. Yesterday it also started buckling under me...not good.

Just going to have to rest up between now and then and cross my fingers for a miracle.

29/03/2013 at 14:40

Good Friday!  21 miles on a treadmill in 4:45.  16 miles walking & 5 jogging.

Will see how my hamstring is over the weekend before making a final decison to buy a plane ticket or not!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.