Brighton marathon...SCARED!!

21 to 26 of 26 messages
17/04/2012 at 14:01
hmmm, well some people need to be a bit more thoughtful is all I'm saying!
17/04/2012 at 14:14
well done on completing it....
17/04/2012 at 14:16

I thought that Sussex Runner was just agreeing with your OP, that you were undertrained and unprepared for the marathon and needed a strategy to get you round. In layman's terms, you were screwed. Cougie offered good advice and Sussex Runner offered words of support, )before realising she had misread the post!)

Well done for getting round. Now next time you enter a running race do the training and run it!

17/04/2012 at 14:28

Thanks Rob22.

17/04/2012 at 14:49

Sally - There's lots of people on this forum who aren't sub 4 or 5 hours. That do implement a run/walk strategy but in your updated post you came across as saying a big "F*** you" to those who were trying to offer support and advice.

It's nothing about you being a newbie/jogger/runner - it's about simple respect of others.

Everyone who completes a marathon- should be congratulated. I completely agree. Not everyone can do the full 26.2 miles - but you need to realise how your comment could have come across; which is why I think you've got a bit of stick. I'm not a fast runner (far from it) but I realise that most of the "experts" on here have several thousand miles more of experience than me and are worth listening to.

18/04/2012 at 21:39
Sally Webb wrote (see)
hmmm, well some people need to be a bit more thoughtful is all I'm saying!

Yes. You.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.