Calling all FLM race entrants

RW is looking for super-keen forumites to train for next year's race

201 to 220 of 420 messages
13/12/2007 at 20:00

I go for Evil Pixie and Granny Denny?  I don't have a place or I would nominate myself, now if someone would like to give me a place!??!?

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:00
and I actually feel a lot more for those who got rejected generally.
P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:11

Lots of people will have applied for a place in the FLM and have not got in, remember, this is only open to you lucky ones who have been accepted. There are lots of disappointed people out there.........

I'm not doing FLM so I'm impartial. You can't deny that there have been a few posts on this thread saying in a roundabout way that the regulars should get the places and the newbies shouldn't. That's hardly "recognising and encouraging newbies"

I understand loads of people are disappointed but as someone else said, just because some people don't post much on the forums doesn't make them less of a runner and as likely to put in as much effort as regulars. Maybe they're out training more rather than posting.....

Daniel Benson.    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:12

Hey - just wanted to jump in and say we'd like to close entries for this thread tomorrow. Lets say, I dunno... midnight, just to make things exciting and to give you the most time possible.

With reference to how RW will pick the winners, one of you summed it up with, " no doubt they'll wish to have a mix of both abilities and of new/regular members." I think that's fair enough really. 

Keep nominating!

Dan RW 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:23

Can I just say a big thank you for those "voting" for me

it's very humbling and I really appreciate it

Thanks

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:26

understand loads of people are disappointed but as someone else said, just because some people don't post much on the forums doesn't make them less of a runner and as likely to put in as much effort as regulars. Maybe they're out training more rather than posting.....

The issue isn't about who is a runner or not... you've missed the point if you think it is.

P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:30

The issue isn't about who is a runner or not... you've missed the point if you think it is.

Why then are the newbies less worthy of a place than the regulars...............?

M...eldy    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:31
no one has said that they are less worthy.
P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:32

Not in so many words Meldy but if you read back you will see several posts making it obvious that the newbies shouldn't be given the places.

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:35

newbies to the forum, not new to running!!!

You have missed the point, we've transcended running ability or lack of, we're talking about the forum.

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:37

and please look at my longer post on the last page....

P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:37
I knew you meant newbies to the forum but as I've said, that doesn't make them any less deserving of a place !!!!
kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:39

Yes and no

P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:39
I have looked at your longer post and I agree there is a lot of FLM hype on the forums but my point remains that newbie posters should be given the same chance on this training program as regulars.
P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:42

Yes and no because..........?

This is a public forum and therefore open to everyone. It seems that the regulars just want their mates in and don't want to bother with new people. As somene posted a few pages back, we were all new once.

13/12/2007 at 20:42

Can I second Evil Pixie and Panic Medic please? 

Good luck to everyone

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:43

I'm just going to keep saying this in different ways, no I'm not.

Blue in the face now.

No-one to my knowledge is turning away or discouraging new people.

kittenkat    pirate
13/12/2007 at 20:45

have looked at your longer post and I agree there is a lot of FLM hype on the forums but my point remains that newbie posters should be given the same chance on this training program as regulars.

They are!!!!!!

RW will choose a variety.

If no-one is going to jump in and help me, I give up!!

13/12/2007 at 20:45

Nominating:   Mark Jacobs

Reason why we should train you: on the WAISTer forum last year we lived though his training, he was planning every training session, organised and commited.  Then horror upon horror he got injured but still managed to pull it off.  We would like him to run FLM and to actually enjoy it.

(he also suffers from toothache at the moment and needs cheering up.........and a kick up the butt to get him going!)

P Q
13/12/2007 at 20:46
Why do you need help? We're merely discussing a difference of opinion here.....!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.