Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Let the search for our six-strong team begin...

3,221 to 3,239 of 3,239 messages
16/12/2009 at 09:45
Emma Kingzett - Lucozade Sport Scientist wrote (see)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself to the forum

I’ll be picking up on your individual threads as soon as they are active but in the mean time keep up the good work!

Emma

Emma

I picked up your answerphone message yesterday. Can you message me through the "message member" button at the bottom of this post so we can catch up please?

Rich

The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/12/2009 at 17:46
oh very quiet in here today ... all out running or playing in the snow?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/12/2009 at 19:27

OMG there is me worrying about a bit of running and a marafun whilst my SIL is being cut out of a car.

Broken pelvis and swollen stomach (hoping that's not internal injuries), her dad was there too and has a broken sterum (her mum died of cancer a few yrs ago) and her two kids were in the car too. It wasn't her fault and the guy in the other car may not make it.

I know when I wrote my car off 3yrs ago I was terrified and I wasn't injured.

Take care out there folks the roads are dangerous in this weather, you need to look out for others as well as yourself

16/12/2009 at 20:02
Gawd, best wishes to them Pixie
The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/12/2009 at 20:13
thanks
16/12/2009 at 20:30
Feck.  I wish I'd read that first before sending you all that drivel by e-mail Pix.  I have no idea what to say, except hugs and thinking of you xx
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/12/2009 at 07:01

oh don't be daft Hash, you mailed us before anyways!

Morning all, hubby workeduntil 2AM this morning and woke me up when he got home. Could i get back to sleep afterwards? Could I hell so I'm shattered today. Today will be Red Bull day (sugar free of course!) or maybe I'll buy a Lucozade Shot!

I had decided on some speedier running today (1m easy, 0.5m fast, 05m easy,0.5m fast, 1m easy) but it's freeezing out there! Still needs must an all that unless it's icy I no doubt I will drag my butt out of the door then fall asleep at my desk in the afternoon!!

I was also going to test my lenses today but my eyes are so red I may have to leave it!

Last day at work tomorrow for the year

The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/12/2009 at 10:38
not happy, finish work tomorrow and after weeks of nothing/little to do i've been given something nasty to do.
Totally out of my comfort zone and feeling really tired and crap now.
Todays run will be hardwork
17/12/2009 at 14:01

my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family EP xx

Edited: 17/12/2009 at 14:02
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/12/2009 at 19:40

thanks

update ... she is doing well but has to have an op on her foot (tonight) and hopes to be home by the weekend! It was a head on collision

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/12/2009 at 07:02

morning!
Very cold, there is white stuff but it's more like ice than stuff to make snowmen out of

Last day of work as I'm no holiday duty with Gnome. So finishing at 1  when I hope to get home and have a short run across the fields in my trail shoes!!

Take care out there folks!

18/12/2009 at 07:06

It's a snow day here in Suffolk!!!

*wonders where the sledge is*

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
18/12/2009 at 07:10

last day of school and closed?

Gosh!

Take care of that cold - make sure you have plenty of hot stuff (fnar fnar) to come back to when you've been out!!

18/12/2009 at 07:21

So far no school for me and mr spinkle, still waiting for hear for babyspinkle (but since his school is only 7 doors away I think we'll soon find out).  We may have to go and hold the fort there for a bit whilst the staff arrive. Snowball fight!!!

More grot (sorry of tmi) appearing and I'm taking that as a good sign. But will be staying nice and warm.

Have a lovely last day Pix.

18/12/2009 at 08:36

I've got a bit out of touch recently, but do you lot know when your threads are starting?

Only two and a bit weeks before the schedules begin - I could do with a bit of extra motivation before Week1 Day1, as I haven't run a step since Sunday and today's not looking too promising either.

Commiserations to lurgified ones - wrap up nice and cosy!

18/12/2009 at 09:21

lots of schools closed here in norfolk, but neither of the ones my kids goo too is closed

too icy underfoot to run out, so i think i'll be on the treddie today.  oh and a lovely snowy walk across the fields with the dogs too

hope all those with germblies are soon feeling better

<prepare the mulled wine for later>

22/12/2009 at 17:01
hello all, I have returned after some weeks of sickness, myself and my 4 kids in continuous rotation!!

Anyhoo I've received a fab call today from Clic Sarg saying I have a place in the VLM !!! Yeah had really given up hope so this is a mega christmas come early pressie!!!

Will be paying a bit more attention to your plans esp as doing Edinburgh the month later tooooo Mad!!!

22/12/2009 at 17:14
Hey great!  I think most folks have moved over to the individual threads now.
22/12/2009 at 19:00
oops bye to this one then and thx rgfaf

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3,221 to 3,239 of 3,239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.