Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Let the search for our six-strong team begin...

41 to 60 of 3,099 messages
06/11/2009 at 13:14
What an incredible opportunity! I've met Paul Evans too. He usually does a couple of training evenings for my local 10k (Grand East Anglia Run) - really nice bloke. I didn't get a ballot place, so I'm looking at doing another marathon instead (it will be my first); but who knows? I sent my application form in a little while ago. Good luck to everyone else.
seren nos    pirate
06/11/2009 at 13:16

the closing date is the 11th november and the shortlisted ones will be notified by the 13the november GC.

Its nice that the shortlisted ones get a prize even if they don't make the final 6

06/11/2009 at 13:30
Please return your application to us via email before midday on Wednesday, November 11 2009.

From all the entries we receive, we'll then whittle them down to a shortlist of between 18 and 24 runners across a variety of target times. If you are shortlisted, we'll contact you by telephone after the entry closing date. 

There will then be a second stage of selection. Information about the shortlisted runners will be published on runnersworld.co.uk and the RW community invited to vote for the final line-up. The final result will be announced in early December.

ts great that the process wil be pretty swift

06/11/2009 at 13:37

And the final notification of winners about 10 days after that, yes, very quick!

With only six places though nobody can get their hopes up, although the bonuses of being even just short-listed look great, I'd be made up with that too.

06/11/2009 at 14:04
just back from a run wrote (see)
Please return your application to us via email before midday on Wednesday, November 11 2009.

From all the entries we receive, we'll then whittle them down to a shortlist of between 18 and 24 runners across a variety of target times. If you are shortlisted, we'll contact you by telephone after the entry closing date. 

There will then be a second stage of selection. Information about the shortlisted runners will be published on runnersworld.co.uk and the RW community invited to vote for the final line-up. The final result will be announced in early December.

Oh dear well I wont win then

I couldnt get shortlisted for my own funeral

and even if I did I dont think Ive ever contributed anything useful on this forum perhaps about facebook farming or list about your favourite body part

06/11/2009 at 14:12

U gotto to be in it to win it- and you have to have hope.  Anythings possible!

06/11/2009 at 14:19

Well, I've applied too.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that......

Good luck to everyone who has emailed in!

06/11/2009 at 14:32
just back from a run wrote (see)

U gotto to be in it to win it- and you have to have hope.  Anythings possible!

you havent done competitions on this website

if you registered 5 minutes ago live in the north and your called Colin youve a great chance otherwise forget it

06/11/2009 at 14:35
runningsnail wrote (see)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.....

exactly

Nothing gained

06/11/2009 at 14:46

Hi Colin wow did you win Saucony shoes recently I bet you did ?

If you win this Im coming to Devon and Im going to camp in your garden and play Bob Dylan songs really loudly through your letterbox

06/11/2009 at 16:01

I'm going to have a go. To me it's you've got nothing to lose.

Met Belly Boy Barnes before the marathon in April and he said you learn so much from some great people and is a fantastic experience.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/11/2009 at 17:17

*bounces in*

Oh oh I entered!
I can get to the home page and everywhere on the site apart from the forums when at work so was able to apply.

It's an amazing opportunity and would be just awesome I just had to enter!

The mile 17 support was essential on both of my previous FLMs as I broke the race down to

mile 10 - Nicko

mile 17 - RW support

FINISH!!!

*crosses everything really really tightly*

06/11/2009 at 18:16
What I would do to get this opportunity, having not been sucessful getting a ballot place, it would be great not to be on the side lines and be part of such a wonderful Marathon so I have to give it another try hope my luck is in !
06/11/2009 at 18:46

Dear RW,

I'd just like to say you had your chance to choose me last year and blew it.  This year, you can lick my balls.

Yours sincerely,

Coops

M...eldy    pirate
06/11/2009 at 18:52
I am so glad my name is not RW
06/11/2009 at 19:07

did anyone get a confirmation email when they sent their application in ? i didnt get one , but my computer seems to be playing up- i wondered if it had been sent correctly or if i need to re send it?

thanks x

06/11/2009 at 19:08
Well I have applied - for a 3rd year running....
06/11/2009 at 19:12

I'll be giving this a go, heck what have i got to lose, i've already had a ballot rejection.

Will apply on my lunchbreak in work on Monday.

06/11/2009 at 19:38
ok cba to read back (there goes my chances of winning) however been drinking so don't care!
AND I already have a place through the ballot (nerr nerr na nerr nerrrrr) however will enter as the hotel would be nice

sorry - I did say I'd been drinking.............

06/11/2009 at 20:00
I'm going for it again. And if I don't get it, I'm voting for you Gladrags! Wotsit was a great inspiration last year. Good luck everyone.
41 to 60 of 3,099 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.