Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Let the search for our six-strong team begin...

61 to 80 of 3,239 messages
06/11/2009 at 19:38
ok cba to read back (there goes my chances of winning) however been drinking so don't care!
AND I already have a place through the ballot (nerr nerr na nerr nerrrrr) however will enter as the hotel would be nice

sorry - I did say I'd been drinking.............

06/11/2009 at 20:00
I'm going for it again. And if I don't get it, I'm voting for you Gladrags! Wotsit was a great inspiration last year. Good luck everyone.
seren nos    pirate
06/11/2009 at 20:20
've had 5 ballot rejections in a row nad the VLM will be on my birthday.........how can they not shortlist me
06/11/2009 at 21:09

Awesome oppotunity, will have to have a bash, and i have met Liz before so wouldnt miss it for the world.

06/11/2009 at 22:01
I've applied for this too!  Have run twice before - would love the expert advice to get me over the line a bit quicker!
07/11/2009 at 07:51

I never have any luck with stuff like this but hey the eternal optomist in me says you never know.

And how fantastic  an opportunity would it be.

Finger, toes, ears, crossed!

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2009 at 09:18

all those newbies to posting........I would recommend joining in some of the threads........eg the marathon ones that are about your times etc or a race one that you are planning to do.......get used to the banter and make friends...........

one of the conditions of entry are that you are happy to post away on the forums so you have a few days to show them that your not shy.

If you read the last few pages of the thread you will see that they are friendly ( well the established ones are) and they will welcome you

I would just avoid going straight in and starting a thread with one of the old debates like ipods or dogs etc or it might get a bit heated.

Its exciting all this isn't it

07/11/2009 at 09:23
Im in .......................must find a way of beating disapointing time this year !
07/11/2009 at 09:50
I've entered it.  Got a marathon place so fingers crossed.  I heard over 1,000 applied last year.
LIVERBIRD    pirate
07/11/2009 at 10:17

Not for me thanks. I'm trying to be diplomatic but I feel like Coops (but without the balls)

But Farnie would be a good choice so let's get behind her!

07/11/2009 at 10:27
I'd love to get behind Farnie. Especially if I can pull her hair and slap her arse at the same time.
Ultra AJH    pirate
07/11/2009 at 10:30

I must be tired, that made me really laugh.

(Sorry Farnie ) Obviously I am rooting for you

ImRio    pirate
07/11/2009 at 10:49

I am going for it too this year.  I really need all the help I can get to go sub 4:30.  I know I haven't been on the forum much lately but I hope I will get some support  

(If I am lucky enough to get to the shortlist of course )

Edited: 07/11/2009 at 10:50
07/11/2009 at 10:58

If Farnie doesn't get chosen a fairy will die.

Fact.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/11/2009 at 10:58

I'm with Rio

Been a forumite since i started running in 2002 but not been on much lately (I can't get on during the day (hopefully new phone with internet will fix that!!) )

I've done FLM twice by doing the pixie plan .... run longer at weekend! I've never trained so this would be an awesome opportunity!

Oh and I have no problems chatting online!!

07/11/2009 at 11:25

hi all

what an opportunity

why pass on it, if it is posible around your personal committments

nothing better that having these people coach and advise you, running is not all just about putting one foot in front of the other for 26 miles

anyone who thinks it is, i strongly suggest they think again

plus, it may stand you in good stead to tackle a LONELY  rural ( all weather ) undulating - hilly marathon

don't be nervous about it, or shy, or embarrased, these people regardless of how much they earn are trying to give a bit back to the sport

most of these people would have clocked 100 - 140 miles PW in thier day

i wish in my early days i'd had the tution and coaching that todays runners have, i USED to run around 80 -100 MPW icluding a FM or HM, though it's gone now  

i had to find out everything for myself, ok, it's EASY for me to talk now, but it was'nt then i asssure you 

I've just spent months coaching and advising my friend, talked her through her first FM , as i was'nt there, and  ran around her second FM all 26 miles of it

she had no breath for anthying after 11 miles , 18 onwards was tough she said

but now she's conquered these 2 FM's IF she ran London , ( The party ) she cruise it as it is a party

go on, get your body in prestine condition , feel good REAL good

good luck to you all

Mick n Phil - well Mick anyway, phil just sites there   

ImRio    pirate
07/11/2009 at 11:26
I have done FLM 5 times.   Including in 2008 as Little Miss Naughty.  It is time to learn to do it properly and do if for me not charity
The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/11/2009 at 12:01

well said Rio

I should have done 5-5:15 last year but the emotion of running for macmillan following grandma's death meant every time i saw a cancer top i chocked then crashed and burned finishing in 5:49

I was so upset took weeks to get over it even though it was a pb by almost 1hr.

i'd love to train and run it properly and be in the position when the gfa is something i could do and not just a dream

07/11/2009 at 14:22
Ultra AJH wrote (see)

I must be tired, that made me really laugh.

(Sorry Farnie ) Obviously I am rooting for you

I think Coops is rooting too.  Or something similar.

Meanwhile, back on topic... I did say last year I'd enter this year, so guess I'm going to...  I intend to carefully prepare my application though, so won't be imediate!

I wonder if the weekday only folks are going to panic when they come in on Monday and find this up?  *EG*

07/11/2009 at 14:31

This is an amazing opportunity, I'm giving it a go! Good luck everyone...I look forward to keeping up with the successful applicants .

61 to 80 of 3,239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.