Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Let the search for our six-strong team begin...

1 to 20 of 3,239 messages
05/11/2009 at 11:28
It's that time of year again - we’re on the lookout for six super-keen members to train up and treat to an elite support package at next year’s Virgin London Marathon (April 25, 2010).

Whether you’ve set your sights on breaking three hours or want to complete the distance for the first time, we’ll work with you to help you achieve your marathon goal by giving you:

• One-to-one coaching and support throughout the duration of your training from one of three top coaches - Steve Smythe, Liz Yelling or Paul Evans
  • Personalised nutrition advice from the Lucozade Sport Performance Team, as well as a four-month supply of Lucozade Sport products to power you through your training
  • Admission to a training day with Liz Yelling in London on February 27, 2010
  • Entry to a new and exciting pacing event at Dorney Lake on March 28, 2010
  • Lucozade Sport Super Six adidas running vest, tracksuit top, trainers and a state-of-the-art Garmin Forerunner 405
One night’s luxury hotel accommodation, travel costs to and from London and VIP hospitality on race day are also included.

You don’t even need a place in the race; we can take care of this for you (but we also want to hear from those who’ve already got a place, either through the ballot, their club or a charity).

We’ve changed the selection process slightly this year  - first, you’ll need to fill out a short questionnaire (before midday, Wednesday November 11) and we’ll then narrow down all the applications to a shortlist of between 18 and 24 runners. Lastly, we’ll be inviting you to vote for the final line-up.

Good luck everyone!

Catherine RW
Farnie    pirate
05/11/2009 at 11:30

no thanks

05/11/2009 at 11:44
I think it's such a fantastic opportunity for someone. I'd love to do it but can't. Good luck to those of you who go for it though, I look forward to jealously reading all about it!
kittenkat    pirate
05/11/2009 at 11:53
05/11/2009 at 12:37

You won't catch me entering this

Nope...no way

no way........hooooooosaaaaaaaaaaay

05/11/2009 at 12:43

Is this year going to be like Gladiators or The Kryton Factor.
Might give it a try.

05/11/2009 at 12:47
its more like "Bring on the Wall!"
05/11/2009 at 12:48

Does this mean we won't get the chance to bitch about the one-post wonders?

I'm very disappointed...

05/11/2009 at 13:20

I`d run, walk or crawl for an opportunity like this, count me in.

Woohooooo!!!!!! Even being on the shortlist would be an achievement!!!

05/11/2009 at 13:54
You can bitch about me if you like JB
05/11/2009 at 15:22
I'm in...applications in and fingers crossed. Would be great to have a chance at such an opportunity...not just the race but the whole build up!
05/11/2009 at 15:46
At my age, one last chance at trying to run at my fullest ability would be welcome. However probably have no chance of being selected so I will say " the very best of luck" to those that will be. Enjoy the experience...
05/11/2009 at 15:55
Gotta be positive, or else what is the point?  Well said "The man of Bronze" - I am with you, it is a great opportunity!  Good luck to the fellow applicants...
05/11/2009 at 16:17
I thought I had run enough with one marathon but I'm tempted to try again.  At least I will beat my PB and so I must try. 
seren nos    pirate
05/11/2009 at 16:19

I pleased they have done it this way...because the bitching about the one post wonders might have put a few of them off posting again........

Its great to have a mixed bag of runners which includes a beginner because it makes it all more interesting....

good luck to those who want a place

05/11/2009 at 16:27
II might give it a go.  Any help with those 18 milers would be great thou.   motorized scooter anyone
05/11/2009 at 16:56
Ooooooh - tempting.  My luck was in when I got a ballot place this year after a number of previous rejections.  Soooo, perhaps luck's still in??  Who knows ... a girl's gotta try.
05/11/2009 at 16:58

It sounds pretty exciting actually, as I've always been scared of entering for a marathon, because of a hopefully unfounded belief that I would stop enjoying running, but proper runners probably know how to keep finding the old enjoyment and still improve. Training motivation would much easier if someone else has set you the targets! Might just enter.

btw anyone want to prove or disprove my theory about marathons taking the inspiration out of running?

05/11/2009 at 17:01
Yep I'm in,  good opportunity if out of the blue you get in the team, some great training and advice, some goodies and a run through London!
05/11/2009 at 17:18
great opportunity....why wouldn't you want to do it? Answers please before I apply!!!
1 to 20 of 3,239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.