carboloading

for a half marathon?

3 messages
18/03/2011 at 17:34

Is it worth carbo-loading for a half marathon?

(I expect to finish within 5 minutes of 1:40)

All new to me so sorry for asking if it's a dumb question!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
18/03/2011 at 19:08

I wouldn't have thought it was very necessary for a half. If you're at all worried about it, then simply have pasta for tea the night before!

Mind you, we have a pasta party in this house for the kid's one mile fun run and they carbo load with jelly babies! It's a family tradition that has stuck. Sooner or later they'll realise.....

19/03/2011 at 12:42
I agree with previous posts, it shouldn't really be necessary. The average body will hold around 2000 calories without carb-loading and doubt you'll use more than 1500 calories to get round a Half

Carb-loading done properly over 3-5 days will only give you another 800 calories or so on board. You shouldn't need gels for a Half either - before you go down that route! Although some peeps do benefit mentally from them - the same way as a pair of lucky socks can help others

Enjoy your Race, Simon and it wasn't a dumb question.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.