Championship places at London

4 messages
19/06/2014 at 18:48

I had a place at VMLM 2014 however had to pull out due to injury. Since then training has gone really. I am just looking at completing my application for the 2015 marathon as  I have a deferred entry but I also think I might have a chance at a championship place. I ran a half marathon a month ago and was not far off the qualifying time yet the course was particularly slow (a mile of it was on the beach!). I have another half marathon in October and think I might come close to 1:15.

If I was to apply for my deferred place does anybody know whether I would have the option to upgrade to a championship start if I were to run sub1:15 in October?

Cheers!

19/06/2014 at 19:05

Think the GFA places are given on your full marathon time and not based on a HM time. Think you would have to run it in 2015 and achieve the time to qualify in 2016.

19/06/2014 at 19:32
bigeater - GFA is based on marathon times only but Championship qualifying standard includes sub-1:15 half.

Jack - Yes, you'll be able to upgrade. See you there, hopefully!
19/06/2014 at 19:39

Sorry. Thanks for that, you learn something everyday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.