Chips, clocks & photo's

In this age of technology .............

5 messages
11/12/2002 at 14:02
You'd have thought the the organisors could organise it so that when you crossed the finnish line a clock would show your chip time and the camera would go off.
Therefore giving you a photo with your official time on it ......... da daaaaaa.

Simplicity itself ........... or not?
cougie    pirate
11/12/2002 at 14:25
Dunno how simple that is - most people seem to finish at the same time as a few other people - the clocks wouldn't know what time to show.

This year the photographers had superimposed the finishing time on the photo - I thought that was pretty good.
11/12/2002 at 16:14
There's no time on my photo's. Have I been done?
cougie    pirate
11/12/2002 at 16:35
My photo missed off the gantry clock - as that was obviously giving the entire race time, but there are a couple of 'bubbles' on the photo giving location and finishing time.

You could try sending it back, but might be easier to scan it in and add your own time and get it printed locally. I think a few places offer this now.

And no cheating on your time !!
11/12/2002 at 20:50
I also had my time in a bubble in the bottom corner of my photo's. Yet my friend who finished before me didn't. Strange how some got their times on their photo's and others didn't!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.