Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

181 to 200 of 1,491 messages
A.W
25/12/2012 at 11:01

Merry Christmas Sarah. Good work on your first week, its been a bit manic with Christmas and the start of training hasen't it!? I have had no time at all the last few days!!!

A.W
25/12/2012 at 16:34

Merry Xmas Sarah. Hope its been a good day, and time to relax (??) after all the excitement of the first weeks training...

25/12/2012 at 17:16
Merry Christmas Sarah, Alex and Clive!! Have an amazing day and hope you void sprouty farts!!

It's been a crazy first week - and has included far more mud than I normally associate with marathon training! Has been AWESOME though!!

Have just eaten the most enormous Christmas dinner and Christmas pudding and cream ... And have to go out for a brisk 5 mile run in an hour!! Eek!

Have probably eaten enough to fuel an ultra ...!
25/12/2012 at 20:27

Week 2, Day 1:

Goal - Brisk 5m

Actual: 5 miles in 35:38 ... In Santa Outfit ... with a headtorch ... 3 hours after Christmas Dinner.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/645234/gallery/santa_running_25.12.12.jpg?width=350

Garmin Connect info here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/254318753

(Lap 1 is the the 5m run, lap 2 is what happens when I forget to press the stop button properly)

Edited: 25/12/2012 at 20:28
26/12/2012 at 13:34

Loving the outfit. Were you running alone? Did you get any compliments at all?

Very good run with the outfit on as well. I hope week 2 contains less mud for you! 

26/12/2012 at 15:15

Happy Christmas and well done on the PB!! Great Christmas present... You should eat xmas pud every day...

26/12/2012 at 16:11

Afternoon Ady! It was a bit awkward with the beard - kept breathing in fluff! Also I suspect that the trousers were made for someone 6 inches taller than me! I had company - it was all unlit and having 2 headtorches really helped! Might have started running into trees otherwise!

Week 2 containing less mud? I hope not! I've just got some trail shoes for Christmas!!

26/12/2012 at 16:14

Good afternoon Bacon Steve! Thank you!!

Can't believe I got  a new 5 mile PB in the dark, in a Santa suit after eating massive amounts of Christmas food! Maybe I should wear a Santa suit for all of my runs ...!

26/12/2012 at 20:42

Well done on the run. Perhaps Asics have a special Santa range you could wear in Paris! I  think if I was wearing that costume outside I'd try and move fast too

26/12/2012 at 22:15
I'm sure you got several smiles running in that yesterday. It would have made my day if you ran past my house dressed like that,x
26/12/2012 at 22:27

Week 2, Day 3 (yes … I put the wrong day number on the last run – blame the Santa Suit)

Goal: 6 miles in 9 minute miles

Actual: 6.93 miles in 9 minute miles … if you include the pub stop.

I have a confession. My pace looks pretty much bang on. However, this is because I ran a little bit too fast. Yes you read that right.

I stopped at the pub for a call of nature. Unfortunately, not one of the mulled wine variety. And I left the Garmin running by mistake. I came out of the pub and my Garmin informed me I was currently moving at 59.59 minutes a mile. Bother.

I carried on running. My pace wouldn’t be correct and I had made an unscheduled stop but I could carry on running at the correct pace and for the correct distance. However, distracted by heavy sleet and the thought of a turkey sandwich at home I sped up a bit too much and came in at a 9.15 minute/mile including the pub stop. Average moving pace of 8.51 minute/mile so all in all not too far off.

26/12/2012 at 22:33

Marathon Steve - Asics haven't offered me any Santa outfits - phew! - although I got a tweet yesterday to say they approved of the spirit of the run which was great!  I even had an excuse ready in case I passed a small child (Rudolph had escaped and I had to catch him) but luckily there weren't any witnesses to my outfit!

Evening Sarah - Maybe we should dress up on our summer run! Best outfit wins ... something to be decided?! I've entered TR24 by the way!

26/12/2012 at 22:41
We will have to think of a theme!
26/12/2012 at 22:42
How many laps are you hoping to do on the TR 24?
26/12/2012 at 23:43

Today's run was fine in terms of pace - don't see a problem in being 10-15 seconds a mile too fast on the slower runs if you feel comfortable

27/12/2012 at 00:06

Steve Marathon Coach - Phew! No knuckles rapped today then! Obviously will try to avoid unscheduled stops in the future too ...

Sarah - Good plan! Half considering Runner 5 and Alice ... from Run, Zombies. Yes. Am a geek Not sure how many laps I'm hoping to do. I just don't plan to stop ... I'll keep going until my legs can't make it any further How big is your team likely to be? How many laps are you hoping for? I was in a big team last year at Endure 24 so could only get in 4 laps although was hoping for more.

27/12/2012 at 10:50

Great outfit there RRR!

Steve: Hello there!

27/12/2012 at 10:55

RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Sarah - Good plan! Half considering Runner 5 and Alice ... from Run, Zombies. Yes. Am a geek  

Haha.

I think i would be happy to do about 3 laps. Think were hoping to have a team of 6-8 all being well 

27/12/2012 at 16:52

Evening Bo - Well, you're welcome to borrow the outfit should you feel the urge to chase a reindeer or deliver some toys to good children!

Evening Sarah - I had a team of 8 for Endure 24 which meant a long wait between runs but it also meant that you didn't need to pace yourself too much - it was 4 RACES in 24 hours rather than just 4 runs! Much more fun!

27/12/2012 at 17:24

This Christmas food seems to make good fuel for faster running but I'm finding it hard to get out the door! Normally I love getting out but I'm being called to by the Chocolate Orange in the fridge and all of the junk food that I never normally have in the house!

Anyone else struggling to fit runs in around Christmas?

181 to 200 of 1,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.