Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

241 to 260 of 1,491 messages
31/12/2012 at 00:14

Bacon Steve – Glad you’re enjoying the training too! And the reports!

Apparently Little Sis is lurking on the forum as we speak … but she won’t disclose her username … only that it’s something to do with chocolate!!

31/12/2012 at 00:19

Evening Sarah!

Me too! I reckon we need to get a patent on running wellies sharpish!! So … what have you been teaching your autocorrect?

I think my only flat 10k time is 45:11 or something like that but it wasn’t on a recognised course so not a valid one apparently! It was over a year ago and I’ve knocked almost a minute off of the 5k time since then so hopefully it will have improved a bit since then! My other 10ks have been on either hill runs or mud / obstacle runs …!

Exciting about being able to do your own schedule! What is the main difference between yours and the My Asics one?

31/12/2012 at 09:43

Sarah,

Loving the reports and pics!! Certainly looks wet, and maybe you need a trip baqck to Asics to get their new wellies

Off on hols later, so will check in when I get back. A week in the sun in Egypt with kids so planning running round and round the hotel till I get dizzy... Have a great New Year

31/12/2012 at 11:14

Morning Clive!

Definitely a bit damp this way, wind howling, the works ... and you're escaping off to the sunshine!! Have an amazing holiday and hope you get a run in the sun! We want a postcard!!

Happy New Year!!

31/12/2012 at 13:49

Run Summary Week 2:

Mon Dec 24th:         

Rest

Tues Dec 25th:         

Goal: 5M brisk in 40 mins

Actual: 5M brisk in 35:58              

Weds Dec 26th:

Goal: 6M slow in 9 min miles

Actual: 6.97 slow at 8:51 / 9:14 min mile (depending on whether you count loo break and accidental timing!)

Thurs Dec 27th:            

Goal:5M build up run - starting slower than 8s and ending up 7:20s.

Actual: 5.64m build up run: 9:00, 8:40, 8:20, 7:40, 7:20

Fri Dec 28th:              

Rest

Sat Dec 29th:            

Goal: 5M fartlek

Actual: 5M fartlek

Sun Dec 30th:            

Goal: 10M steady in 85 mins

Actual: 10M in 83:47

Week total Goal:    31 miles

Week total Actual: 33.63 miles

31/12/2012 at 13:55

Running schedule for Week 3:

Mon Dec 31st:             

Rest

Tues Jan 1st:               

4x mile in approx 7 mins to 7:15 with 3 mins rest/jog: 7M in total

Weds Jan 2nd:             

7M slow in 9 min miles

Thurs Jan 3rd:              

5M with middle 3M at HM pace (approx 7:30s)

Fri Jan 4th:                   

Rest

Sat Jan 5th:                 

Hills or parkrun - 5M in total

Sun Jan 6th:                 

12M steady in 8:30s

Week total:                   36 miles

31/12/2012 at 14:07

Went away visiting multiple relatives for the last week so packed my runners. Didn't go out once. Weather was howling, pouring with rain, flooded and only country lanes to run on - lack of safety. Have felt quite guilty but lacking motivation to get out there. Having read your thread my enthusiasm has been restored and I will follow your programme so keep posting. Thanks

31/12/2012 at 14:26

Afternoon Sarah Blunt 2 !!

Fab to hear from you and thank you so much for your nice message! I totally know what you mean – it’s blowing a gale here at the moment and it’s definitely not so appealing to go out for a run! It’s a bit different when it’s sunny and warm and there’s a chance of an ice cream stop halfway through a run!

I’ve been dragging my Little Sis and Boyfriend out for runs when I can so I can’t back out of a session … also I’m logging my runs on the My Asics app so it’ll be really obvious (to me at least!) when I’ve missed one!

I think I’m a bit of a running geek secretly (or not so secretly now I’m posting this here!) I’ve got a UK map next to my desk at work and when I’m off to different areas, I try to get a run done so I can cross the county off on the map … it means I have to pack my trainers and I’ve got an incentive to get out even if it’s for a couple of miles … See - told you I was a running geek!!!

31/12/2012 at 20:10

well done on the second week's training - seemed too easy for you!

01/01/2013 at 13:06

Thanks Steve! ... You're not going to make it much harder now though, are you? 

01/01/2013 at 13:10

training gets harder anyway but no point in making it too easy!

01/01/2013 at 16:11

Happy New Year......good luck with week 3. I hope you manage to do today's run hangover free! Nice jump in mileage this week for you as well.

A.W
01/01/2013 at 19:05
How did todays mile reps go? I hope you felt better than me with mine!? It was a very heavy night last night!!! Happy new year!!
A.W
01/01/2013 at 21:05

Steve Marathon Coach – Hope that doesn’t mean you’re going to add in something too challenging! I like hitting my targets so far! Although … new challenges are always good!!

Evening Ady! - Happy New Year! No bad hangover today, thank goodness! Although a few glasses of wine were um … appreciated!! How was your New Year’s Eve? How is your Week 3 looking?

Evening Alex! Well … you have to welcome a new year in properly!! The mile reps weren’t too dreadful although probably the most challenging session so far … maybe BECAUSE New Year’s Eve was yesterday …! How is this week looking for you?

01/01/2013 at 21:09

Week 3, Day 2 …

4 x 1 mile at 7 - 7:15 min/mile with 3 min recovery jogs. 7 miles in total.

The New Years Day session is mile repeats … Is this ever a good thing to hear? Especially after a night when I may have enjoyed a few glasses of wine …! I decided to make this run as easy as possible and headed back to Weymouth and the nice smooth – and today non-windy- promenade.

I had 4 x 1 miles at 7 – 7.15 minute/mile pace with a 3 minute jog recovery in between and I had to make it up to a total of 7 miles in all. I decided to have a mile to warm up and then take advantage of the wide promenade to get the faster intervals done.

It was dark, but the promenade is lit along the whole length with street lights and there were tall posts beaming green light out into the bay which was quite pretty – but odd! A legacy of the Olympics as some of the sailing events were held at Weymouth. It was interesting to run along there at night and this evening it was fairly empty although there were still lots of dogs running around for me to avoid tripping over. They seem to make a beeline for my ankles every time!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/645234/gallery/weymouth_lights.jpg?width=350

I found this session quite hard, but I was relieved to find at the end that my splits were fairly even. I was checking my Garmin periodically to keep an eye on my pace – I hadn’t set pace alerts – so it was nice to see that the times didn’t vary widely and that I didn’t slow down too much towards the end, although I notice that the recovery jogs got slower.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/645234/gallery/me_at_weymouth.jpg?width=350

Relieved to have finished!!

Mile Splits: 7:00, 6:58, 6:49, 6:54.

Garmin Info Here

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 21:13
01/01/2013 at 21:44

Happy new year

What's with those lights?? Very odd!

Well done on the run - what a start to the new year eh?

01/01/2013 at 21:49

Great photos again and excellent session - well done. Again shows the speed is there and no slowing down so speed endurance looks good too even after a 'few' glasses of wine.

01/01/2013 at 23:13

Evening Bacon Steve! - They were pretty but definitely unusual! And what with the dogs running around with flashing collars in the dark, I kept thinking my eyes were playing tricks! Glad I managed to hurdle most of the dogs though - I reckon we're going to have to train Alex in dog hurdling though ... !

Awesome start to 2013!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.