Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

681 to 700 of 1,491 messages
04/02/2013 at 19:06

Evening Derrick!

I felt fine at the end and finished comfortably although the pads of my feet were a little tender. Some of the paths were quite stony so I think that was all it was. They feel fine today and there weren’t any over-sensitive spots. 

No aches at all today although my knee was a little stiff last night but ibuprofen sorted that out. Sarah Connors (physio) had said that she’d thought that the knee was linked to the back problems so hopefully once I’ve had a few days of doing the exercises the knee will be all mended too.   

Good news that you’re recovering faster for every run! Sounds like you’re doing really, really well! What date if the South Yorkshire half?

04/02/2013 at 19:07

Evening Ruth!

Pick n Mix! Woo hoo!! Ok … will restrict myself to one large bag … I mean 100g. (Cough)

04/02/2013 at 19:48
Week 8

Mon Feb 4:                  rest

Tues Feb 5:                 5 x 1600 in 7 mins to 7:30 with 2 mins rest: 8M in total

(7:02 min/mile – 7:32 min/mile)

Weds Feb 6:               7M steady in 8:30

Thurs Feb 7:               6M with middle 2M at marathon pace

Fri Feb 8:                    rest

Sat Feb 9:                   parkrun 5km - 5M in total

Sun Feb 10:                13 miles steady in 8s to 8:30s or Trail Race

Week total: 39M

A reduced mileage week this week so a chance to relax before the parkrun and the trail race on Sunday!

04/02/2013 at 20:36

20 miles at 8:13 - holy moly!

Can't believe you're on week 8 already. 

If you're looking for hills then get yourself down to Sevenoaks. There is zero flat there. That is no word of a lie.

I was looking through your meal reports. Do you live next door to a green grocers? I can't believe how much veg you get through. If I have two different ones on my plate I think I'm doing well. However, what I'm most impressed with is the chocolate. Creme eggs - yes!

04/02/2013 at 21:05

sorry forgot to put the date ( 17/03/2013 ) for the s,y, half.

Your descriptions of your runs are good and impressive ,   I did read  someone else's email and did agree what he said, that to be careful that you don't use all your good runs on your training.

I,m sure and confident that your coaches would let you know otherwise.  

Keep up the good training !

05/02/2013 at 09:34

Hi RRR!

Still lurking away here and really enjoying reading about your runs....feel like I am there with you!...(luckily for you I am NOT or you would not be coming out with all these fab times!)

I am compelled to put finger to keyboard however on reading that you ate only HALF a packet of quavers!!! Unbelievable!!!  20 miles in 8.13min is all very well and good but being able to eat just half a packet of quavers is a truly amazing achievement.. well done!!

Brilliant reports, brilliant progress.. keep going girl! 

05/02/2013 at 09:52

Morning! Fab description once again. Not sure how you manage to run so fast and so far on so little food, lots of veggies though. I love veggies too (with my pasta ) You are obviously doing something right, those times are amazing!

You are going to fly in Paris. 

05/02/2013 at 10:17

Glad to see no ill effects from the fall. Keep on with the back exercises and make sure you stretch your hip flexors out, either use the Thomas stretch over the edge of the bed or the lunge position.

05/02/2013 at 15:56

on Wednesday run  based on your 20 miles at 8:13, you may as well run at 8s and then on Thursday do the fast section at Half-marathon pace (ie 7:30s).

re long runs feeling comforrtably (not that I can remember it personally!) but sometimes running fast feels controlled but it takes more out of you than you realise and going consitently hard and faster in training than necessary could mean it won't happen as easily when you need it in the races!

05/02/2013 at 16:23

Hi RRR

Parkrun and a trail race this weekend? Are you doing both at race pace or treating the trail race as your weekly long run? I'm planning both park run and a long run for this weekend also and I'm not sure how hard I should push myself at Parkrun.

I see Steve Marathon Coach has your HM pace as 7:30 which equates to sub 1hr 40m. Good job the Silverstone HM doesn't consist solely of laps of the circuit otherwise you could end up lapping me   

05/02/2013 at 22:00

Evening Malcs!

Me neither! Week 8?? That’s halfway through! Eeek! We’ll all be Thunder Running before we know it!

Really? Lots of hills? Think I might be tempted to visit! I’ve got a run over the Malvern Hills the day after Dorney Lakes – don’t think my legs are going to be terribly happy with me that weekend!

Crème eggs are my favourite things – ever!! I used to take one out at a time and keep the rest in the freezer so I wasn’t tempted to scoff the lot … the problem came when I realised they tasted EXACTLY the same frozen. So now I try and buy one at a time!

05/02/2013 at 22:10

Evening Derrick!

Ooh that’s the date I’m doing the Malvern Hills run too! Good luck with your half – are you looking forward to it?

Glad you’re enjoying the descriptions. Just wish I could wear a video cam for the good bits as some parts of the runs are so gorgeous and I don’t feel I should be taking pics all the time!

05/02/2013 at 22:14

Evening MamaFox!

Glad you’re enjoying the reports!!

I wish I DID have some company on the runs – I bet the time would fly past! Although there would be a lot more talking and a lot less running!

Ah … the Quavers. I have a confession. They were actually my 3 year old’s Quavers and I was getting Mummy Tax … Well I have to teach her to share, right?

05/02/2013 at 22:17

Evening CailinAgRith,

Thank you!!

Glad you’re enjoying the run descriptions. I have to admit … I think I’m powered by crème eggs. Seriously I LOVE those things!

I probably should post a pic of my dinner plate at some point… just to scare you! When it’s written down my tea doesn’t sound a lot … but my plate is properly piled up! I have a steamer with 2 levels and I use both levels just for myself! I’m not very good at moderation so I make sure I fill up on veggies so I can keep off of the cookies and the Quavers!

05/02/2013 at 22:19

Evening Sarah Asics!

I don’t want to jinx myself but the back seems to be fine! (Hooray!) I’ve booked another physio appointment with Wayne on Thursday just to confirm but apart from the (very occasional) twinge it’s feeling fine!

I’ve been super-strict about doing the stretches and foam rollering regularly. I still have a bit of stiffness in my knee occasionally but that seems limited to when I wake up in the morning not when I’m sitting for a long period now so that seems to be on the mend too. (Fingers crossed!)

05/02/2013 at 22:21

Evening Steve Marathon Coach!

Bother … Just when I thought I had a nice easy week too …! I’ll make the pace changes and let you know how I get on.

I think it was just one of those runs where everything feels right … think it must have been the flip side from the long run the weekend before when I had all of the BAD luck at once! I’ll keep a watch on the Garmin on the long runs from now on.

05/02/2013 at 22:22

Evening Andy!

I’d like a PB at the parkrun … but I don’t want to jinx myself or set myself up for disappointment as it’s a course I don’t know – it’s Poole this week! I’d like to get into the 20s ideally – that would be AMAZING but even a second off would be great! I’d like to push myself in the trail race too … but I think it’s a muddy, hilly one so I’m not expecting any PBs from it. Think it will be one just to enjoy!

So … you reckon you WON’T go for a PB at parkrun …? Hmmm …. Not sure I believe you How long are you going on Sunday?

I’m looking forward to Silverstone although I’m not sure what the weather will be like … it always seem to always be boiling hot (unlikely in January!) or pouring with rain and blowing a gale (my money is on this one!) Maybe we’ll all run it extra fast to get out of the rain and get to a hot coffee!!

Maybe we all should meet up for a coffee afterwards? That would be really fun!

05/02/2013 at 22:33

Food Diary 4th February

Breakfast: ½ cup porridge oats made with water with dash of milk, 2 teaspoons sugar.

Lunch: Banana and tbsp peanut butter

Tea: 1 x salmon fillet, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, 6 mushrooms, 1 fresh beetroot, 1/4  leek, 7 slices of courgette  – all steamed. Cottage cheese.

Snacks: ½ mini Crunchie bar, a few grapes, 5 or 6 jelly sweets, 1 x portion of Christmas pud and a dash of milk.

Drinks: 6 x coffee with small amount of semi-skimmed milk, 3 pints of orange squash.

Exercise: No real exercise (Although took 3 year old swimming, to softplay for 2.5 hours and round a friends house! I was exhausted but had nothing to show for it! )

05/02/2013 at 22:37
Christmas pud! It's February! Are u sure its still safe to eat
05/02/2013 at 23:00

Evening Angela!

It's a Christmas pud my Mum made. This thing is SO soaked in brandy it's a wonder it hasn't spontaneously combusted. Think it'll probably be preserved ok for another 5 or 6 years ... although not sure that I should be driving after eating it!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.