Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

61 to 80 of 1,491 messages
19/12/2012 at 09:37

Hi Sarah. Yes, I'm doing VLM next year.  I'm with you and Minni on banning 10ks. I'm very much better with endurance than speed which is why I have to incorporate lots of speedwork into my mara training so I think we're similar. Good luck and will be stalking you with interest!

19/12/2012 at 09:38

Back to the Future has a 'Synchronise watch' moment and just about any WWII film would have had one!

19/12/2012 at 10:28

Morning Bo! - Great to hear from you! I don't think our 5k and half times are too different so might be good to see how you find this plan. Would be good to have someone else along for the ride so we debrief post run and compare sessions and aching limbs!

Brolish - Defintely think we should start that petition ...! Well done in getting into VLM. Are you going through the Charity route or did you get a ballot place? (Or are they actually a myth?)

Xyloid - Think that might be it!! Reckon it might be Back to the Future!!  

19/12/2012 at 10:36

Sarah- I've got GFA for London. I tried the ballot a couple of times but never managed to get in and didn't fancy the charity route so waited until I got fast enough. It will be nice to do a mara at home, all my previous ones have been abroad.

What's the plan for today?

Dubai Dave    pirate
19/12/2012 at 10:50

Time for all of you to realise that 10K's are a wonderful combination of speed and endurance, not only which you can race them week after week. If you lack speed then racing 10K's is the way to go.

Edited: 19/12/2012 at 10:50
19/12/2012 at 10:52

DD- which is precisely why I keep on doing them... can't force myself to enjoy them though!

19/12/2012 at 10:58

Go away DD.    This is a ladies thread and ladies should not have to run 10ks!

19/12/2012 at 11:01

Minni - do I have to go as well. I did promise RRR  that I would wear those pink fluorescent socks!

Anyway, I agree. They are the way to go and I do hate them. Every step of them!

19/12/2012 at 11:06

I do enjoy them when they go well but it doesn't happen very often.

DS- you can stay but we want a pic showing you in those socks!

19/12/2012 at 11:34

Seren - Mission Impossible?  Pretty sure they did it every episode.

In any case, it's got you thinking about the theme tune.

In case I'm wrong, this message will self-destruct in five seconds.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
19/12/2012 at 11:58

Tenjiso......thats the one..........the original TV show...........

Now with all this banter i have forgotten whats on RRR's schedule for today

19/12/2012 at 12:05

Training Session: Week 1, Day 2 …

6 miles at a 9:30minute/mile pace

Unfortunately as I can’t quite fit this one into a lunch hour AND have a shower so I’ll give you an update when I’ve done the session this evening. (I'm determined to avoid the 'STINKY Mad Runner' title)

19/12/2012 at 12:18

Brolish – So ...First marathon on home turf!  What are you expecting to be different?

Dubai Dave –  Bother. I had a feeling you might say something like that ... can’t I try ESPECIALLY hard on my 5ks?

Minni – Love it! Can I play the ‘lady’ card when Steve asks me to do a particularly tough interval session too? It’s got to be worth a shot!

DS2 – Good diplomacy! But hang on ...You been promising pics of your pink socks since Bootcamp ... are you just saving them for special occasions now?

Tenjiso – ARGH! Now not only do I have those words ... but now the theme circling in my head...! There will be no room in there for work! ...

19/12/2012 at 12:24

Ekhem... based on my previous experiences this time I'm hoping for no natural disasters, marathon cancelations. flight diversions and heat waves. That's all I'm really asking for!

19/12/2012 at 12:35

Brolish - I have a horrible feeling that you may just have jinxed this year's VLM ...

19/12/2012 at 12:37

RRR - I live with 4 women and grew up with 3 sisters as well so I have learned a little!

I haven't posted any pics because you have failed to deliver.......oh yes, I didn't give you an address to send them to.

19/12/2012 at 12:45
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Brolish - I have a horrible feeling that you may just have jinxed this year's VLM ...

I've arranged for VLM to give Brol the wrong date to save the rest of us!

19/12/2012 at 13:14
I saw Minni kissing Santa Claus wrote (see)
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

I've arranged for VLM to give Brol the wrong date to save the rest of us!

Minni- Haha and it was you who talked me into doing it. You will only have yourself to blame! 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
19/12/2012 at 13:39

and i think that VLM is the same day as Llanelli.............lets hope its not heatwave.i haet heatwave........

luckily for RR Paris is earlier

19/12/2012 at 13:39

RRR - London 2001 was one of the best experiences of my life. It even made the months of training worthwhile!

Is your current schedule more or less than what you've been used to doing?  What, if any, are the significant differences? Does your mileage ramp up in weeks 2 -4? Have they included a Christmas Day run for you? (apologies if you've already answered these elsewhere)

We're having an office refurb in the New Year. Me and a couple of others are campaigning for a shower to be installed. Daylight running at lunchtimes is definitely preferable in the winter months.

61 to 80 of 1,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.