Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

1,381 to 1,400 of 1,491 messages
07/04/2013 at 20:41

Well done Sarah

07/04/2013 at 22:11

Very well done Sarah.  Great result and you must be thrilled.  Well done to Steve MC too!  Enjoy.

08/04/2013 at 07:11

Wooooooooo!!!! Brilliant!!!!!! Fantastic time - well done you! You must be bouncing.. I am!! A well deserved result after all the hours of training you have put in - and of course that famous bloody mindedness has played a part too. Looking forward to hearing ALL about it!

08/04/2013 at 08:50
Sarah- many congrats, fantastic time!
08/04/2013 at 09:45

Hi Sarah

I met you in the start pen yesterday. Huge congrats! You must be thrilled!

I sneaked in at 3:59:42 which is exactly what I wanted - a sub 4 given the problems with my back.

Fabulous day and great to meet you

08/04/2013 at 11:26

What a fantastic result! Can't wait to read the full story...

I had a feeling that you would come in some way faster than 3.30 - you are so fast! Brilliant, inspirational stuff.

Buffy

08/04/2013 at 11:52

Crikey! That's ripping up the streets of Paris! Great effort Sarah. Well done!

08/04/2013 at 18:11
I know I've said it on Twitter, but well done!!!
mcs
09/04/2013 at 06:58
Congrats to you well done, great work to you and steve.
09/04/2013 at 09:54

Many congratualtions Sarah - nice to meet and chat to you after the finish in the Avenue Foche. Great effort on reaching your target!

09/04/2013 at 21:32
Evening!!

I'm desperate to get onto the thread and chat to you properly ... But accessing Internet from a dongle on laptop - desperately slow!! Have given up and writing this from phone! So blame autocorrect for random words!!

Will get on and give you a proper write up tomorrow and will try and get on in lunchtime at work!! So sorry for delay ... Have SO much to tell you!! Pickpockets, sprinting in high heels and being squirted by firefighters!!!

... And a negative split!!
09/04/2013 at 22:48
...cant wait to hear all about your weekend. Hope youve been recovering well.
10/04/2013 at 06:00
Is "sprinting in high heels" Steve's little secret? Tell us more!
10/04/2013 at 14:05

Afternoon Tenjiso

Had a fantastic weekend! Thank you for your good luck wishes – they worked!! )

I promise I will pop the race report up as soon as possible!! It was an eventful and amazing weekend and I’ve totally fallen in love with Paris!

p.s. STILL on Cloud 9 !!

10/04/2013 at 14:06

Afternoon JoggingBookKeeper!

Thank you!! You were right! Weather was absolutely fantastic in Paris on Sunday ... couldn’t believe that 2 weeks previously we’d had snow in England! Was practically BBQ weather!!

We celebrated afterwards but I was definitely flagging ... could quite happily have fallen asleep in my chair! I sound like a right old dear now! Good luck for London!! How has the training gone?

Afternoon Ruth!

Thank you!! I was  SO well behaved – running around looking for potatoes and avoiding wheat like the plague! Was also munching on popcorn over the weekend!!

I took a picture for you of the jacket potato I had in a cafe (on the Friday before)... it was the size of my HEAD!! Think I must have looked hungry ...!!

Afternoon Sarah O!

Yes – the Eurostar was so easy!! Also was a couple of hours enforced relaxation ... perfect for when you’re tapering ... or exhausted from running a marathon and celebrating unil late (um ... kind of late) the night before!!

Woo hoo!! Bring on Boston!! What did you decide with your 8 – 10 miles? Did you change it in the end?

Yes – I’m recovering well thanks! Crossed the finish line and slowed down and my arse started seizing up but thankfully all recovered now and everything felt fine Monday, but then DOMS has struck in my calves so it seems like I won’t get off as lightly as I thought I might after all!

10/04/2013 at 14:07

Afternoon Marathon Coach Steve!

Thanks for updating the time for me!! I think I was far too excited for my fingers to have worked the keys on my phone. I probably would have written down 8:35 by mistake or something and disappointed everyone!

10/04/2013 at 14:09

Afternoon Malcs!

Thank you!! I am so, so pleased with the time ... but definitely NOT saving any crème eggs for you!! Mine, all mine!! The ones I took with me were gone in fairly quick succession!!

Have to say, I didn’t expect to be 10 mins under target ... maybe 5 but not 10!!!

10/04/2013 at 14:09

Afternoon DS2!!

Thank you!! I’ve been looking at the Boston website this morning  ... and set up a reminder in my calendar to submit entry! (Does a happy dance)

I’m really pleased with the time – I knew that all going well I should be able to sneak in at around 3:30, but didn’t expect to do as well as I did or to feel quite as comfortable as I did ... although the last mile wasn’t a lot of fun!! (Maybe because I was visualising all the crème eggs lined up waiting for me!!)

How’s the Halstead training going?

1,381 to 1,400 of 1,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.