Cobbles & Red Wine - Sarah’s Paris Marathon Plan: Sub 3:35

Asics Target 26.2 - Previously lardy girl goes for a Boston Qualifier

141 to 160 of 1,491 messages
22/12/2012 at 01:15

Garmin info from the run:

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/645234/gallery/garmin_info_20.12.12.jpg?width=350

22/12/2012 at 07:06
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

....and it’s amazing being told when, how fast and how far to run! No thinking involved at all … just set the legs going!!

Hah - that would save me about an hour a day of "tinkering" with my schedule - extra time for running 

You're doing a great job with this thread - not to mention the running!

22/12/2012 at 10:58

Tenjiso - Ha ha! Extra running time would be good! I wasn't sure how I'd find a structured schedule - thought it might be a bit restrictive but it's a nice feeling thinking that if I follow this schedule I WILL hit my goal time!

... So long as injuries, heatwaves, freak snowstorms and the like stay away..!

The thread is running itself ...! There are some really great discussions happening and everytime I have to nip offline I miss something interesting!!

22/12/2012 at 11:18

Good to see you're entered for Silverstone Half Marathon - I'm doing that

22/12/2012 at 11:23

Andy - Have you done Silverstone before? I haven't but I've heard it's a good course for a PB as it's nice and flat. Thought it was a bargain - £20 for a half!

22/12/2012 at 13:16

Sarah no I haven't done Silverstone before but like you thought it's nice & flat so PB potential and a bargain at £20.  Also figured I'm never likely to get to drive around it so I might as well run round

22/12/2012 at 13:58

I'm also booked in for Silverstone, and it will be my first time there too.  The result of that will determine my likelihood of achieving my marathon target.  Only 10 weeks to go for that one.

The only thing I missed from your list of setbacks during this year's marathon preparation was the heatwave (chance would be a fine thing).  The Watford Half-Marathon was snowed-off the evening before the race 

22/12/2012 at 15:50

Sarah Garmin stats noted. Are you on Garmin connect?. In Ady's thread he's been posting links to his runs so we can see the detail.

22/12/2012 at 20:25

Training Session: Week 1, Day 5 …

Goal: 5 miles at 7:30 minute / mile pace or Parkrun

Actual: 5 miles at 7:23 minute / mile            

Unfortunately I lost the negotiation for this morning’s parkrun (my boyfriend and I take it in turns) so I resigned myself to a longer run later in the day. However, I feel I had the last laugh when he turned up back at the house at about 10am looking like someone had flushed him down a particularly dirty toilet. Apparently parts of the course were flooded and the rain had washed a lot of mud onto the paths. Knew I’d get him into mud running eventually …

I did my 5 miles around Draycote Water which is a reservoir not far outside Rugby and half of it is very flat and the other half is ‘undulating’. However, today it was a good choice as seemed to be pretty much the only place in the county that wasn’t flooded.

Was soaking wet when I’d finished the run as the rain was pretty constant, but I wasn’t covered in mud so I counted that as win.

My goal was 7:30 minute / mile and I came in at 7:23 minute / mile so reasonably close.

22/12/2012 at 20:29

Andy – Ha ha! Love it – we’ve got to take what we can get!

Tenjiso – 10 weeks? That sounds no time at all! When was the Watford half?

22/12/2012 at 21:18

Got a parcel from the Asics Store in Oxford Street today!!

I had to exchange some running tops as I'd picked up the wrong size and the guys at the store were so helpful! I posted the items off on Thursday and received the new ones today!!

Thank you so much!!

22/12/2012 at 21:35

The Watford Half was back in Feb.  Or should I say "wasn't"?

Edited: 22/12/2012 at 21:35
22/12/2012 at 22:18

an excellent run today so well done. 7:23 miling is good running on an undulating course and shows the pace is there.

22/12/2012 at 23:12

Tenjiso - Were you able to defer to this year or did you lose your money? Either way it must have been disappointing to have trained for it and not be able to run ti! Did you get into another one soon afterwards?

22/12/2012 at 23:14

Steve Marathon Coach - Evening Steve! Thank you for the feedback! Didn't dare do this one on the treadmill ...

22/12/2012 at 23:27

Re Silverstone half - it is quite flat and fast  but fairly boring unless you are in a McClaren.

23/12/2012 at 01:22

Can I take that as permission to cheat and do it behind the wheel instead?

23/12/2012 at 07:33
Off out for a 90 mins hill run shortly ... Suspect there may be lots and lots of mud involved ...

Will give you all an update post-bacon sarnie ... (There have to be *incentives*, right?)
23/12/2012 at 08:11
RunnyRunRun wrote (see)

Tenjiso - Were you able to defer to this year or did you lose your money? Either way it must have been disappointing to have trained for it and not be able to run ti! Did you get into another one soon afterwards?

No deferals or refunds.  I got the T-Shirt in the post.   I believe they've changed the rules for this years entry in case of a similar problem.  I won't be entering, though as I don't want to deviate too far from my training plan.  

I ran the Milton Keynes Half-Marathon about a month later.  It was all part of the marathon build-up.

Steve - I'll take "flat and fast" for the half marathon at Silverstone!   Will it help if I make engine noises as I run around the course?

Enjoy the run Sarah.  I'm on a rest day today.

23/12/2012 at 13:06

not sure engine noises will help at Silverstone and certainly avoid pit stops.

Must have been a very slow run for Sarah or a very big bacon sarnie

141 to 160 of 1,491 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.