Coming back to training after tonsillitis/illness

3 messages
09/01/2013 at 12:45
Hi everyone, I was just hoping for a bit of advice if poss... I have a champs place in vim. It is my first marathon...I was training hard and having a good cross country season with mileage of 50 ish ready to focus on vim from january. However I came down with tonsillitis and parainfluenza on December 30th, lost a stone and was very ill. I am feeling lots better and hoping to try running for just 20mins on sat....what on earth should I do in terms of getting back on track for London? Realistically am I screwed?! Please help!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance
09/01/2013 at 13:05

Nowhere near it. I don't know about your level, but I've had a difficult Autumn for one reason or another but I can feel myself very quickly getting back to where I ought to be now I am able to apply a little structure to my training.

I don't think you lose a great deal of fitness with a few weeks off, just the sharpness.  I expect you'll struggle for a few runs and then find yourself raring to go.

13/04/2013 at 20:38
your full of it you puffy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.