Congratulations all FLM-ers!

Share your story with RW

1 to 20 of 51 messages
14/04/2008 at 11:30

Well done to everyone who took part in yesterday's FLM!

Your fame doesn't end on marathon day - we want you to drop us a line (editor@runnersworld.co.uk) with your FLM story and we’ll publish a gallery of all the accounts we receive.

Tell us all about your race-day highs and lows, your most unforgettable moments, your goals, your celebrations, any surprises... in short, anything and everything that sums up your 2008 FLM experience.

Get in touch if you were supporting too - we'd love to hear your tales from the sidelines.

Don't forget to pop your finishing time, forum nickname and a race-day photo (if you have one) in the email too - we have five prizes of running kit and £50 vouchers on offer for the best submissions, courtesy of Do Running.

Look forward to hearing from you

Catherine RW

14/04/2008 at 12:02

Ahhh...but what about YOUR story Catherine!??!

(well done btw!)

Nam
14/04/2008 at 12:05

Cath I just sent you some photos from Mudchute's group 3

They're high-resolution so may take a moment to open.

14/04/2008 at 12:24
Emailed mine this morning Catherine - afraid it's rather on the long side, I am still all hyped up and buzzing from it all!!! So erm, feel free to edit it!
14/04/2008 at 12:52

Thanks Nam, they're great - we'll try and get them uploaded soon.

That sounds like a call-to-action Nick, I will put pen to paper once I get a minute...

14/04/2008 at 18:39
What's the best way to get in touch?
14/04/2008 at 18:46
Ignore me, post marathon induced blindness!
14/04/2008 at 21:15

Well done to all who took part yesterday!! I am dropping a reply as my fingers are the only parts of my body that doesn't hurt.

I knocked 1hr10mins off last years time but am still a bit jarred that I didn't get sub 4:30 that i'd been achieving during training. After 20 my legs went dead and the rain at 23 just about finished me off.

Thanks to my on the day running partner Louise (sorry don't know your surname) who kept me going to the end. Have already applied online for next year and want to knock another hour off my time and finish sub 3:45.

The training will start as soon as I can move!! 

14/04/2008 at 22:03

Werp !
14/04/2008 at 22:11

Evening AW GM said she may have seen you flying past us at mudchute yesterday is this true

Here is my FLM in Pictures

14/04/2008 at 22:16

Well done to you all. This was my first marathon and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. The crowd were amazing. I think i had about 4 rhinos overtake me and a camel nearly knock me flying - quite ironic as i started my marathon training in January when i was in Egypt on hol lol. Having problems walking but feel great in myself.

Anyone got any advice on how to now improve my speed on 10kms and half mara's (after a rest). I've got the great north run in October. I would hate to loose all the fitness i've just gained.

14/04/2008 at 22:17

For me, it's a gruelling tale of endurance in the face of insurmountable odds - 6 hours of pain and torment, having to grit my teeth and just keep on going in the face of a seemingly impossible challenge.

It was just me against the clock and it took all my mental strength and energy to endure it.

I was on a one digestive an hour re-fuelling strategy with frequent pitstops for tea and comfort breaks.

Yes, the BBC coverage was hell, but I made it to the finish.

Edited: 14/04/2008 at 22:17
14/04/2008 at 22:18
The difficult 20 mile marker with the Ben Fogle interview was my low point
14/04/2008 at 22:21
I shall send an account of my marathon when the effects of my pre-race immodium have worn off. I can feel the pressure rising as I type. I will probably wish I didn't have a full english brekkie this morning in the cafe in Trent Park complete with a lot of baked beans.
14/04/2008 at 22:32

Thanks for sharing, FF!

Well done btw! 

14/04/2008 at 22:38

I got taken out at mile 9 by some stuuupid runner posing for a photo - got grazed and bruised knees to show for it.  Reckon I would have finished well before 5hrs 51min if it weren't for that

I did run around her - but she stuck her foot out at the last minute - doh! 

And if I every drink another orange lucozade again ......

Hope pressure has now subsided FF - nice bed time reading that

15/04/2008 at 07:49

My sister brought a nice champagne to the finish with her and we all enjoyed a bit of it. Well, actually all I could taste was orange lucozade and jelly babies, but I didn't want to say anything.

Half a glass went straight to my head, fantastic.

15/04/2008 at 09:14

One Very Special day........... High points - hmm all of it

Low Points - wasnt quite as prepared for the crowd congestion as prehaps I could have been.

Wanted a sub 4 but couldnt really get going early enough ended up with a 4:05 happy with that though.

Such an amazing event made me feel all "peculiar" to be part of it. One question ..... does anyone know how to get hold of the photos (the ones we had to queue for) they took at the end and a certificate or such like.

15/04/2008 at 09:43

Sounds like we had a similar day Alistair-was hoping for 3hr45 but ended up with 4hr05 due to the crowd!

Was a good day overall but i've stopped recommending flm to people on account of the overcrowding!

Just about to apply for abingdon (v different to flm in every way) and oh yes flm 09 too!

15/04/2008 at 10:17

We must have finished together, I was preety numb from the waist down so wasnt really paying any attention to what was around me sorry about that !!!! I look forward to the next time for the "event experiance" if that makes any sense,  Im from South wales so will be looking at the cardiff half and a 10K or something like that in the meantime, subject to domestic bliss continuing.

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy it.  I await in aticipation the official photos of wibbly wobbly people soaked with rain and glowing a strange lucozade color!!!!!

1 to 20 of 51 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.