Course Profile

7 messages
11/03/2005 at 15:01
Having done it twice before I know it's generally flat and overall downhill, but does anyone know where on the web I can get a cross sectional map showing the climbs and drops?
15/03/2005 at 14:30
Brook

I'm sure the Evening Standard ran something a year or so ago on the web but I've searched but cannot find it you may wish to try and have a look.

Good luck

JB
16/03/2005 at 10:40
All i remember is a slight uphill bit near Tower bridge i think- rest flat as a pancake ! Living in Plymouth with huge hills everywhere i hope this stands me in good stead !
16/03/2005 at 17:38
Hi All

There's a photo tour round the course at this web site http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/sport/marathon/runners_guide/start.shtml I have been told that there is a slight climb or 2 in the first 6 miles but therafter it's flat. Hope it's true!

16/03/2005 at 18:04
If you're on the Blue or Green starts, there's a slight incline just after 1 mile, then a downhill thro' mile 3. If you're on the Red start, there's a fairly steep but short down/up after mile 2, before the downhill thro' mile 3 after the starts merge. There are no other significant hills, just short rises/falls of which there are several - entering Surrey Quays around mile 9, down into an underground roundabout at mile 15, a slight incline around 17 miles, another slight incline into/out of the Canary Wharf complex, then that's about it.
17/03/2005 at 13:36
http://www.uli-sauer.de/laufen/london/pics/London_Profile.jpg

Its the old course but it wont be much different to this year.
20/03/2005 at 15:22
Thanka all.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.