cwl web fundraising??

9 messages
22/02/2005 at 20:54
Hi I have been trying to register with BEMYCHARITY.COM as indicated by the CWL staff to set up a fundraising webpage but it has been down for a few days now.Has anyone got any ideas as to why or am I looking at the wrong website?? -any info appreciated.
cheers stu
22/02/2005 at 21:09
Sorry, no. Why don't you check with CWL? They might want to know anyway if there is a problem with the site.
23/02/2005 at 08:43
When I looked at Bemycharity there was a registration fee and 50 quid a month admin charge to the page owner! Try www.justgiving.com - its free, and dead easy to set up!
23/02/2005 at 09:08
happyrunning - justgiving.com is not free! It costs the charity you are raising money for £180 plus VAT per year. They then also take 5% of all donations made through the site! You get nowt for nowt these days!!
23/02/2005 at 09:22
Thats crazy,it might explain why CWL have no link with just giving.I spoke to CWL and they never mentioned any admin fees.Thanks for the heads up folks.
23/02/2005 at 10:26
There arent any admin fees Via CWL
Its bmycharity rather that BE maybe thats how you went wrong?

Its dead simple to set it up
23/02/2005 at 12:49
Thanks Jenny you've cleared that up!
All the best ,

Stu
23/02/2005 at 13:33
Great stuff, Glad to help!
23/02/2005 at 17:02
I appreciate the charges to the charity, but its probably worthwhile as that and the 5% has to be weighted against the fact that the charity gets the money IMMEDIATELY, and can therefore earn immediate interest etc. Much better I think than pledges on sponsor forms and having to wait and gather it all in. However, maybe CWL have a special deal with bmycharity, because when I tried to set up my charity on it the charges were definitely v high - I think registration was 150 plus 50 pound per month - all payable by the page owner!!! Personally I just couldn't afford it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.