DLR disaster

21 to 27 of 27 messages
24/04/2007 at 10:18
Can't imagine how hideous this must have been for everyone caught up in it.
24/04/2007 at 19:41
I had to run over a mile to the start due to the DLR. On arriving at 9:40 looking for the blue start pen 3 with no help from the marshalls I was told to join the back of the Red start. Hard work weaving on such a hot day buy still loved the experience!!!
24/04/2007 at 19:53
I was put off the train at Charlton. Didn't appreciate having to walk 2 miles with kit. No time to queue for the toilet but at least I made the start on time. Feel so sorry for those of you who didn't. But in such heat just finishing was an amazing achievment for everyone. So be proud!
24/04/2007 at 20:07
Surprisingly enough buried in TFL's fancy new not very customer friendly website is a Press release on the fiasco, doesn't say a lot though
24/04/2007 at 22:18
Three of us (one runner and two supporters) got to the Blue Start easily, by taking the East London Line from Limehouse to New Cross and then a crowded train tow stops to Blackheath.

Lucky we took that route because last year we went to Canary Wharf to get the DLR to Greenwich and it sounds like that would have been a nightmare this year.
25/04/2007 at 13:18
I was 35 minutes late for the start due to the chaos at Canary Wharf station. TFL staff were really pathetic with no empathy at all for people who were meant to be running and had trained long and hard for an event that they might possibly have missed. Had to run from Greenwich mainline station to the start which was about 1.5 miles.

Watch this space for the Olympics....
25/04/2007 at 13:57
ohhh the olympics...

my my how we are going to royal f--- that event up...

just imagine; one of londons trains breaking cause there are too many people on it..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.