Do you think L.M. needs re "branding"

3 messages
13/10/2011 at 13:22
I have been taking part in L.M. since 1999 and love every minute, maybe because it was my first marathon or because it is my home town, BUT I have noticed over the years that it seems to have become "dated". It is still a great event ( to me anyway) but a lot of the atmosphere seems to be missing each year. When I first started taking part nearly every pub on the route was adorned with banners and baloons, many had entertainers, last year there were hardly any, most just had a sign "watch the marathon here"  There used to be a competition with the schools to produce a banner to display, the best school judged getting some reward, have not seen that for 4/5 years now. This is a great unique event, a 26.2 mile street party with us, the competitors, as the entertainment, I really hope it does not end its days as just aqnother city closure for a run. Please L.M. lets get it back on track with runners and the people
13/10/2011 at 20:45
Another difference is a heck of a lot of pubs en route have closed down.
14/10/2011 at 08:35
I think people prefer shopping now,not like the old days when not many shops were open. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.