Dropping Water Bottles

21 to 23 of 23 messages
Blisters    pirate
30/05/2013 at 20:20

Discards on the race road can be quite dodgy. I think that the safest way to approach the issue is to tip a little from the neck, take as much drink as you need, then fully empty the bottle before discard. At Bristol I recall that they did have strategically placed skips, and it was still quite difficult to hit them. On smaller races I do try to hit the bin bag, and that is ironically easier, because you can move to the road side with ease.

More of a challenge at London and Bath was the Lucozade Sports pouches. Tread on a half full discard and it shot foul smelling stuff up your leg, or worse, over a spectator.

04/06/2013 at 09:47

Why do a 10k race require water stations?  Are peopel not able to run that far with out a drink?

Best i saw was the John Austin half this year, runner in front had a belt with small water bottles so was surprised when they took a bottle from the water station.  they only managed a mouthful and dumped the rest on the floor.  Idiot.

04/06/2013 at 10:13
Blisters wrote (see)

More of a challenge at London and Bath was the Lucozade Sports pouches. Tread on a half full discard and it shot foul smelling stuff up your leg, or worse, over a spectator.

Worse .... really? 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.