Edinburgh Marathon place needed

Transfer Required

10 messages
18/01/2012 at 18:34

I stupidly missed the entry point for non charity runners. All previous marathons have been hilly and I would love to get a PB at Edinburgh .

Please let me know if you have a place you cant take, I'd better delighted to take it off you.

Many thanks in advance

Tom Bennett

27/02/2012 at 20:12
Hi all, just to let people know that I have a spare officially transferable Edinburgh Marathon place for 27th May if anyone is interested as I am doing the London Marathon now for Children In Crisis. If you would like the place email cicgav@gmail.com. Many Thanks.
27/02/2012 at 20:13
Stop it now Gavin.
27/02/2012 at 20:20
What do you mean Weeble?
27/02/2012 at 20:21
You're spamming the forum and as a result RW will probably take down your many, many posts when their admins get in tomorrow. There's no need to post on every Edinburgh related thread to get noticed.
27/02/2012 at 20:25

Sorry. I didn't mean to spam as you say. I contacted Edinburgh marathon today and they said that it would be a good idea to offer the place on runners world forums. I'm not sure how the forums work so ignorantly looked for any Edinburgh related threads and posted a message. I am really sorry for any harm caused.

27/02/2012 at 20:56
Weeble. Please could you advise me on what I should have done. Did I need to set up a new thread or something? I just looked for threads that my message might get to and posted them. I think 6 in all. Edinburgh said I could put the place on eBay if I want as long as I transfer the place through their website it was up to me. I would rather someone on runnerswold benefit from the spare place and thought I was actually helping people.

I have emailed runnersworld about my postings and if they want to remove them then that is fine with me.
27/02/2012 at 21:00

Gavin, don't worry about it, it's not like you're selling cheap fake hand bags to us.

In general it would have been better to post one a couple of threads only, probably the more active Edinburgh ones.

27/02/2012 at 21:11
What do you mean Weeble?
27/02/2012 at 21:54
Sorry typo, "on" a couple of threads only.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.