Edinburgh Marathon

Good4age?

4 messages
14/01/2012 at 18:07
Just come across the good for age entries page on the EMF website, I was wondering if anyone could clarify the criteria for me if they have had any experience with the system...

As I see it I need to submit proof of my ability to run 26.2 in less than 3:05 before the beginning of April, is it as simple as that?

I have never run a marathon before but half-marathons are ok for me now, in training I can run 13 odd miles in about an hour and a half so its my hope that with a little more training I might be able to complete a full marathon in approximately 3 hours... so that would qualify me as "good for age", right?

What kind of proof would the powers that be want to see, race results only? Or should I be taking a GPS when I run too?
14/01/2012 at 19:36
Ali
You would need to be able to show a race result via a link to the results page. From my reading of EMF website, were you able to run a sub 75 minute HM this would be acceptable.
BOL
15/01/2012 at 12:29
righto, better get crackin' then, thanks for that!
27/02/2012 at 20:13
Hi all, just to let people know that I have a spare officially transferable Edinburgh Marathon place for 27th May if anyone is interested as I am doing the London Marathon now for Children In Crisis. If you would like the place email cicgav@gmail.com. Many Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.