Edinburgh Marathon

21 to 40 of 514 messages
22/10/2012 at 20:13
How much. I need family room
22/10/2012 at 20:50

sorry i dont know how much it would be for a famly room, but you can go on their site for a quote. plus side with this hotel too is you can walk to the start line and its close to plenty of places to eat out if you dont fancy their food. parking it the only issue, but then its only a few mins from the train station!

22/10/2012 at 21:28

Lisa, I've stayed in the Brae Guest House just near Meadowbank stadium prior to half / full marathons in Edinburgh - quiet, friendly, and they have a family room, according to their website: www.braeguesthouse.com

Tariff might work out the same as a Premier Inn for a family, but it was suitable for a couple compared to the other B&B prices in the city centre.

23/10/2012 at 13:46
The Novohotel is good, look's nice and a few minutes to the start line.
The cost is ??480 but I'm going up on the friday and staying untill monday.
I'm going to absolutley milk it...lol
Has anyone bought the T-shirts or hoodies on sale?There not cheap are they.
plus do we get one for finishing anyway?
23/10/2012 at 21:54
Wooo hooo, I'm in along with 15 friends, we r gonna make a weekend of it too! Just got to get myself a good training plan and let's see if I can finally crack the 3.50 !
25/10/2012 at 17:02

I'm running Edinburgh Marathon this year, and it's also my first one! Scary stuff! Especially as I've slowed my training right down this year and have only run 10k races. Oops! Bet get moving and sort out a proper training plan for my fridge I'm going to have a look at the 'ultimate' training plans on here and Hal Higdon. Any other recommendations?

25/10/2012 at 19:13
I have used the hal higdon ones for my previous 3 marathons and they seem to suit me. Lots of different ones from novice to advanced to choose from. Happy running!!
25/10/2012 at 20:49

You get a tech tee with your medal at the finish. And yes, the medals this year DID look like willies. Especially from the reverse side. Big LOL!

The run along the coast is beautiful and the beach at Gullane looks gorgeous. I wanted to go paddling in it! Waist pack with water bottle would be a good idea - drink the water on offer at the water stations and refill your bottles too if necessary. Edinburgh is usually cold in May but for whatever reason the marathon day has been scorching hot for something like 4 years out of the last 5.

12,500 runners was for the whole event - the half marathon, 10K  and kids runs too. I think there were about 5,000 runners doing the full marathon.

Edinburgh city centre is very expensive to stay in but there are some cheap hostels which have a very good reputation if you don't mind dorm type sleeping. Some of them do have private rooms as well. Also there are the usual Welcome Inn type chain hotels on the outskirts that are £29-ish per room. You don't need to spend a fortune if you don't want to.

25/10/2012 at 22:29

This is my first marathon too..should have done it last year but due to illness had to sell my number...anyway looking forward now and any tips on training..blisters (not) will be all taken into consideration thanx ..be happy & safe running to all who read this.

26/10/2012 at 07:41
Rose... Sorry you missed the race last year, its awful when you have trained hard for something and then have to pull out, good luck with your training this year. I always rub my feet in vaseline before any long run and have never had a blister since!! I am gently getting back into training after the liverpool marathon and acnt wait for edinburgh!
26/10/2012 at 18:19
I'm doing Edinburgh too. This will be my first marathon & I'm a little scared! It's going to be one hell of a journey up as I live in Dorset. Based on my half marathon times I'm looking at 5hrs 11mins but I would dearly like under that. I'll be the last one over the line if only 5000 people are taking part. Lol
26/10/2012 at 18:44
Naw, you won't. Far as I remember, slowest time last year was well over 6 hours. But even if you WERE last, so what. I've come joint last in races twice, and got as loud and welcoming a reception from the finish line marshals as any they could have given the faster folk. There's no embarrassment in being last, not in my mind anyway. Dorset's a heck of a way to travel though. You must be really keen!
26/10/2012 at 19:22
Fingers crossed then. Got my second vlm rejection letter & my lovely sister (& biggest supporter) suggested I find a different one to do. I'm not really sure why I chose this one, think it was because I'd never been to Scotland.
27/10/2012 at 10:27
Malindi

You won't be last because i'm doing it!
Really looking forward to it, just caught a bad cold and stuck indoors which is so annoying.
27/10/2012 at 10:56
Oh dear...been there! My last race was 23/09, I've run only 7 times since then instead of my usual 18 due to one illness or another. It's so frustrating!
27/10/2012 at 14:18
I'm doing kilomarathon tomorrow then if I survive my entry will be going in. Just wondering should I wear winter kit tomz as seen snow today
28/10/2012 at 08:09
Lisa. Good luck today, have a good run
28/10/2012 at 08:27
Thanks
28/10/2012 at 09:33
Let us know how you get on Lisa
28/10/2012 at 22:17
Right....Man Flu gone...Shoes on...Lets Go Annett boy.
OK, maybe in the morning(It's a bit Late).
So Lisa has seen SNOW already? Where?
How did you get on Lisa?
How's everyone else's Training going?
21 to 40 of 514 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.