Emergency 6 week schedules

Any novices following this plan?

81 to 86 of 86 messages
15/04/2005 at 09:25
Hi everyone - Hope all goes well on Sunday. Feel like I've got a cold coming - perhaps it's just paranoia. Hope so.

Signing off until after the race as off to work now and then up to London first thing in the morning.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - HOPE TO SEE YOU IN BLUE START PEN 9
15/04/2005 at 10:53
Good luck Lyndylou and everyone else on this thread.

I'm sure we will all get to the end on one piece.

Thank you all for your words of advice.

Enjoy!
18/04/2005 at 09:09
Hi all - so how was it for you? I really enjoyed the day - great weather and the crowds were amazing, definitely the loudest I've heard at the event.

I started running 5, walking 1, then tried running 10 walking 1, before dropping back to running 5 and walking 1 from about 16 miles. Took it steady and crossed the line in 5:36 which was what I expected.

It was the slowest but defintely the most enjoyable marathon I have run - there must be a lesson in there somewhere.
18/04/2005 at 19:14
Hi everyone - wasn't it a great day! I had a disaster at 11 miles with a stomach upset. Something that had never happened to me before. After THREE toilet breaks which put Paula's to shame I was able to carry on, albeit only slowly. Ended up walking the last 10 miles and took 6:50 - how slow!
Never mind, I did it, but that was definitely my last. After 4 FLMs I'm giving up the Marathons and keeping to the halves and 10 milers with the odd 10K as well.
Hope you all had a great day and it lived up to your expectations.
To anyone who was looking for me at the blue start - I ended up at the red with some old friends I had travelled up with.
Keep on running!
19/04/2005 at 05:43
5.57.04 and feel much better than last year 35 mins off last time!
19/04/2005 at 22:31
well done fbgf!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 86 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.