Fancy achieving a world record at the London Marathon ?

301 to 314 of 314 messages
19/04/2011 at 21:26
I don't get the Fred Flintstone cartoon character one, surely superman (who ran 4 minutes faster) is a cartoon character?
19/04/2011 at 21:32

Oh please is it not obvious that Fred Flintstone and Superman are in different categories because Fred does not wear any pants and superman wears his over his stride, hence why their in different world record categories....some people

19/04/2011 at 22:48

Obviusly some distinction between cartoon and comic strips

I saw the catepillar walking on the BBC coverage

cougie    pirate
19/04/2011 at 23:59
and captain kirk got the fastest tv character in 3.21 ? Bloody random this is. Ross and Norris McWhirter must be spinning in their graves.

(spinning in grave record currently held by Aaaron P Rickenbacker of Ohio)
20/04/2011 at 07:25

I know superman started as a comic strip but there has been a cartoon too.  Can't say I'm loosing sleep over it, just seems a bit random.

I used to be good at doing a Rubik's cube, could do it in just over a minor consistently, doing 100 along the route seems pretty easy to beat.

Did the people in the caterpillar (looked more like people tied together by bits of string, seemed rather feeble compared to the caterpillar from previous years) detach from each other to go into the loos?

20/04/2011 at 08:52
I think I saw someone carrying a washing machine. Unfortunately he was disqualified as the make of machine was not on the sub 3hr thread's approved list.

More seriously, spending 7hrs 40mins to complete a marathon, if you are not disabled in any way, ie at a pace of 3.4 miles an hour is an insult to the event and everyone who trains seriously for it.

Edited to include the phrase "not disabled in any way"
Edited: 20/04/2011 at 08:55
Cheerful Dave    pirate
20/04/2011 at 09:12
The superman guy seemed to be wearing Ron Hills with the stripe down the side as his 'tights', and he threw up at the end like someone had hung a kryptonite medal round his neck.  Apart from being slightly warmer atire than normal I can't see what the difficulty was.  Now, the guy who used to run as a waiter, carrying a tray with a full wine bottle on it doing 2:50 or so, now there's a record worth having.
20/04/2011 at 12:37
CD - I'm most impressed with Matthew Pariss the MP, who has run 2:32. Not sure I agree with his politics but he's a pretty impressive runner. I think I've heard the same thing said of BR
20/04/2011 at 12:50
Tom. wrote (see)
CD - I'm most impressed with Matthew Pariss the MP, who has run 2:32. Not sure I agree with his politics but he's a pretty impressive runner. I think I've heard the same thing said of BR

Now, I'm in a unique position to compare these two.

MP bought me a pint after finishing London and so did BR after his 2:45 on Sunday.

Thier politics do differ slightly but the main difference was that I had to buy BR two pints first! (something to do with being northern no doubt. Oh and the fact that it was probably 50p a pint when MP did London and many multiples of that on Sunday! )

21/04/2011 at 21:03
How did it go for the running testicle and what record catagory would you put him in
21/04/2011 at 21:41

Fastest clackersack?

previous record was held by John Prescott when he  saw the buffet table at the Seoul G20 summit.

22/04/2011 at 07:11

Saw the running testicles at mile 17, a few of us were staring, trying to work out what the costume was supposed to be as we thought it looked like a ballbag but couldn't really believe anyone would run as that, but it said "Mr Testicles" on the back which clinched it.

Seemed to be going well, pretty much mid-pack at that point

22/04/2011 at 22:19
how come joe pasquale isnt in the results? he said he did 5.22 but hes not listed
22/04/2011 at 22:30
"Go nad!"

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
301 to 314 of 314 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.