FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

24,701 to 24,720 of 24,995 messages
22/05/2012 at 06:48

Perhaps Nell has read this and is now working herself into a lather! "Eh up lads, I just can't choose - it's evens in the burping competition and your farting is coming on nicely after those mushy peas - what is a good northern girl to do?"

22/05/2012 at 22:36

I HATE mushy peas...........

25/05/2012 at 17:38

Helloooooo ? Anyone there ??

Light week of running for me as in NYC again. Managed a couple of early morning Central Park loops (practice for November ). Relay reccying on Sunday as South Downs Way 100m relay next weekend and don't want to get lost.........

26/05/2012 at 22:18

But looks are not everything, so I'm told!

29/05/2012 at 09:05

Just as well for some of us.........

29/05/2012 at 09:49

I have started cycling to work again to get extra cardio work out. Nearly came a cropper yesterday, I was going down a hill with traffic lights at the bottom. A car coming the other way was waiting for one in front of me to clear the lights. There was enough of a gap for him to go and I knew he was going to, but the car behind him  followed him and I had to take evasive action so as not to be hit  by him. It's quite hard to alter direction and brake when you are going at speed. He saw me at the last second and managed to stop. Then he looked at me as if it was my fault to$$3r.

31/05/2012 at 08:30

Had my MRI yesterday and my ACL is................snapped............bugger. Operation booked for June 19th. Ski season 2012/13 also cancelled. Doh!

Viking, if you think the driving is bad in the UK then you need to come to the Haute Savoie for a bit, it's comical here. Indicators are optional and random, it's not allowed to leave a gap between you and the car in front, speed limits are a minimum, and on no account should you ever think ahead!

31/05/2012 at 09:48
I have looking at some YouTube vids of cyclists and cars, frightening.
31/05/2012 at 14:20

Viking - I can't see me ever cycling in the City. It's too dangerous

AdyP - bugger.

05/06/2012 at 07:33

Mr P - some of those youtube cycling vids are indeed scary, however I do think that lots of cyclists remove their brains before putting on their helmets. Just like a car you should be able to stop in what you can see and above all ride defensively. I've got a mate who's a serious semi pro cyclist who was time trial training last year when a pedestrian stepped out in front of him. He went over the bars and headbutted a concrete post and is very lucky not to be dead or paralysed. I asked him why he hadn't slowed down a bit when he saw the distracted woman carrying 2 shopping bags looking to cross the road! Only good thing to come out of it is that he's banned from cycling for a couple of years and decided to sell all his bikes so he wouldn't be tempted, so i got to buy a very nice Trek ex9 at a good price! When I did my motorbike license we did a few days of "how not to die" training which was all about defensive riding and anticipation of danger.

I'm now into serious pre op knee "pre-hab" trying to build up flexibilty and strength to make the long post-op period easier. I can just about cycle so I do an hour of turbo (bike looks great in the lounge!) in the mornings then go outdoors early eve.

Daz - bugger indeed but "it is what it is" and I've got not choice but to get on with it. At least there'll be less ski waxing and edging in my garage at -20 degrees this winter!

Edited: 05/06/2012 at 07:40
05/06/2012 at 15:28
Good luck with it Ade.........2013 Beachy for a comeback race ???

Been watching these - bloody hilarious........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TRUUu2uHo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
06/06/2012 at 18:42
Was it someone's birthday yesterday?
Is it someone's today?
And is it someone else's tomorrow?

I havent run this week, we went to the Lake district for the weekend but it is back to club night tomorrow.
09/06/2012 at 07:07
South Downs Marathon today - whoop whoop,eek. Looking forward to seeing SDM complete his 100th. Looks as though might actually have a dry day, but what shoes ???? Still undecided - the Downs drain sooooooo quickly, I suspect a lot of the ourse will be dry, but the first 5 miles is through woods and will be v slippery/muddy........
09/06/2012 at 08:26
Ooh good luck,

I hope it's special SDM
09/06/2012 at 12:14
Have a great day....what an amazing achievement for SDM
09/06/2012 at 21:50
Congratulations to SDM who completed his 100th at the South Downs today !!

I'm sat here with a huge smile on my face after doing a 30 minute course PB, finishing in 4.10, way ahead of expectations. The chirunning focuses are really starting to kick in - I walked all the big hills (there are lots of them - total elevation is over 5700ft, 2000ft+ more than Beachy) but was running really strongly and also ran all the way to the finish, and, yes, ran my second EVENLY PACED race in a row (2.03 and 2.07 today). Happy days !
10/06/2012 at 07:10

Completed my 100th marathon yesterday - just love the South Downs. Despite the westerly wind was going well until halfway when my lack of training slowed me down. Finished in 4.44 and felt fine at the end. Great to see so many friends and acquaintaces there.

Edited: 10/06/2012 at 07:11
10/06/2012 at 08:35
Congratulations SDM what an achievement.
10/06/2012 at 09:58

Well done SDM, on a great an achievement and OG on your effort as well. Really would have liked to have been there but up to yet I'm having a very quiet set of nights. Fly out to Cyprus on Wednesday for a holiday.

Catch you all later.

10/06/2012 at 12:41

*cue riot on Tuesday night*

Just got in from an 8 mile run walk around the surrounding countryside, I tried to follow the ancient river Gowy but I struggled in some parts.

Legs are bright red with nettle stings but feeling very exhilarated.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.