FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

24,781 to 24,800 of 24,996 messages
05/08/2012 at 11:18
Women's mara going past the Sherlock Holmes!
05/08/2012 at 20:50

Wonder if they'll be popping in later for a beer and the ritual post-mara telling of the astronaut joke?

14/08/2012 at 11:09

Wooo, quiet on here. Hope everyone is OK and still basking in warm & fuzzy post Olympic feeling. What a sensational fortnight. Unbelievable.

Just ticking over on the r*nning front, couple of midweek sessions and an LSR typically, enjoying taking it relatively easy with no specific training goals other than working on technique and hopefully staying injury free (just celebrated first anniversary of sorts......as was on Downland 30 last year I had my last 'proper' running injury). Did do 19m on the Downs on Sunady, again a bit warm but enjoyed it - although would have done less if I'd known I had to play cricket Sunday afternoon as well.....(junior's team were short)

14/08/2012 at 20:42
I went to the men's marathon on Sunday, an amazing experience to be so close to runners of that calibre, great atmosphere outside Buckingham Palace. Very inspiring.

Thinking about VLM now...
15/08/2012 at 16:17

Hi all,

like you GH, I am just ticking over with nothing planned just yet. I had an enforced rest due to injury. I went on my annual riot training in early August, on day two I was hit on my right thigh with a block of wood. At the time with the adrenalin flowing, you just get on with it, finished the course and the leg started to hurt. Back at work the day after and a few days after that I could hardly walk, it was like having a dead leg. Rested for over a week and a half but back running now, although I got a twinge on my last run. Maybe just stretched a bit too much and pull at the healing bit, seems alright now.

Enjoyed the Games very much but no VLM for me next year, I might try to see if I can help out on the day either at the start or finish.

Hope you are all well.

13/09/2012 at 19:53

wahey, just popped on only to see some chi stuff - got my introductory course on 22nd

14/09/2012 at 08:27

OMAHD, I think chi running is brilliant - although I'm still learning the technique.

27/09/2012 at 13:20

went for the chi running course last Saturday, just four of us, a fit barefoot late 20s girl, a middle aged french lady and a 60 plus non runner - an interesting bunch!

spent about 4 hours in the gym going over posture, cadence, leaning from the heels and stuff, then outside on the track - felt a little different but lots to think about.

bought a pedometer off amazon which arrived yesterday and went for my first training chi run early this morning ....

i have only been running occasionally over the last 12 months, 2/3 times a week for between 4 and 7 miles with the dogs, just enjoying my runs in the north yorkshire countryside doing 9 or 10 min miles 

i thought that I'd just try running at 180 cadence today with the beep beep tiddlybeep of the metronome ...

well, i ran over 5 miles at sub 8 min  miles with hardly any effort - it just kinda happened ... so interesting times .. lets see how the next few runs ago ..

27/09/2012 at 21:11
Hi everyone....anyone running Beachy this year?
28/09/2012 at 08:25

Hi Claire - I should be, although have New York the following weekend so still not 100% certain

Just got my 'get lost fatty' letter from VLM. Oh well, probably wouldn't have done it anyway as Brighton is the week before.

OMAHD, good to hear from you (funnily enough I came across our old finish line pic from a few years back at the weekend ) - keep plugging away, it took me a year to get to grips with it (but I've now gone 15 months without a torn calf muscle which were plaguing me previously). What I also found really useful was going to see the Chi-guru lady for a 1:1 session for an hour after a year. It is just brilliant when it clicks into place.................

30/09/2012 at 16:16

Hello Everyone, I got a place at VLM so as soon as I am over this nasty cough I will be getting down to it again.

I had to miss a local trail race today, so I went to watch and support, handed  out some chocolate to some of the strugglers near the end.

I will be watching the Chester Mara next week too. Then I might actually take part in a race after that.

06/10/2012 at 20:48

Well done Mr P, two guys from work got the rejection letter.

08/10/2012 at 07:32

I've had the 'get lost, fatty' letter from VLM. Oh well, not bothered. Have Brighton the week before so will concentrate on that....and thinking of doing something a bit more ambitious a few weeks after that....

Hope everyone is well.

18/10/2012 at 10:24

Bloody hell OG, you're not going to have a wash are you?

I didn't get in either which is good as I'm only just about walking limp free!

18/10/2012 at 10:49

Out of running at the minute with a calf injury. I had a few niggles for a couple of weeks, but it finally went last Saturday.

18/10/2012 at 13:42

Had a wash on Monday - torrential rain for an hour while I ran around Central Park in the dark..........

Think I'm v reluctantly going to give Beachy a miss this year. Not running very well at the moment and don't want to risk an injury before New York on 3/11

18/10/2012 at 19:43
That's a shame OG, but can't blame you. I'll be coming down to run Beachy next weekend, so hope to see a friendly face?
18/10/2012 at 21:59
It's like Piccadilly Circus in here!

Bad news Viking, hope it clears up.

It was our hill session tonight, boy did I struggle! I kept trying to visualise flying up them in February after a winters training but it was hard.
Are you in London Claire ?
18/10/2012 at 22:14
Yes, have a GFA place Mr P.
18/10/2012 at 22:30
I could kick myself I didn't talk to you en route this year, I just wasn't sure it was you and then I didn't see you again.

I really want to do well this time, it could actually be my last, there's no guarantee of another place now.

There were some of our Chester mara runners there tonight, they were all pretty well recovered and looking good, plus some new faces.

What is the ambitious thing OG??
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.