FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

24,821 to 24,840 of 24,995 messages
02/11/2012 at 22:30
NYC Marathon cancelled. Right decision 4 day too late. Muppets.
12/01/2013 at 18:07
Wow. No posts since my last one in November.......

Anyway, am in for 2013 through a club place, will be good to be back after a 2 year gap. No time objectives as just using it as a training run, but looking forward to it

Anyone else in ??
12/01/2013 at 18:09

not me daz

coincidence but i was just messing about with Garmin training plans when this came into my inbox - still chi unning?

12/01/2013 at 19:34
Hiya matey
Yes - 19 months since last muscle injury.......unbelievable. Have bitten the bullet and entered London to Brighton in May, so using Brighton and London as training runs.
12/01/2013 at 20:52

amazing!

good luck with it and keep in touch

12/01/2013 at 21:24
Oh Hello!

I too have a place in the London Marathon, any tips? Perhaps somewhere to meet up before the sort or a pleasant Victorian-detective themed hostelry for a post race libation?

OM are you still in your club?

I know I keep going on OG but the Chi running has been Spectacularly successful from an objective viewpoint.
16/01/2013 at 17:29

That sounds like a plan. Keep in touch......

21/01/2013 at 21:34
First night of week four...club speed work night, you'd think they would have gritted the industrial estate but no. Lots of black ice, so very cautious running. Then we ran through the estate for a half mile of fast and slow between the lamposts.

Last time I did this session it was dire, bUt tonight with a few long rUns under my belt it went pretty well.

There's a always a point where the training begins to kick in, I think tonight was it
21/01/2013 at 21:38
Nice. Did 13m with the club yesterday, all offroad through 4 ins of snow and tons of mud. Very slow, but great endurance training
21/01/2013 at 21:58
Hi guys, good to hear your all still running. Good to hear from you.
21/01/2013 at 22:22
How are you doing Claire? I think I read you were doing London but not targeting a pb? I really wish I'd caught you at London last year, but you were there one minute gone the next.
22/01/2013 at 09:38

Hi Mr P...I wish you had caught me up too, we could have run together.

I am training for an Ultra at the moment, 33 miles in March, it's the coastal Endurance event in Bamburgh.  I ran 24 miles on Saturday in the snow on my own with me camelbak, it was a killer!

I do have a GFA place for London but not sure about it, what I want to do is get under 3.30 for a road marathon then I can stop running them!  I am contemplating running London for fun, then not entering Beachy for a change, and training for Abingdon to see if I can reach this target.

22/01/2013 at 10:07

Hi Claire.........good plan ! I'm doing London for fun as well...will be jogging it......

22/01/2013 at 11:01

Hello folks

I've not been on for a while, but glad to see a few of you still posting and running pretty well still by the sounds of things. I didn't get in to London this year but might do Stratford instead or a later one if not fit enough by then?  I'm fairly injury free at the moment.....I say fairly as my inside right knee has a good moan sometimes when I try an increase pace for any time, so I'm very much a ' jogger ' at the moment.  I haven't worked out why, but the symptom is the right corner heel of my last pair of running shoes has worn down at a frightening rate, right through the sole to the foam!!  Got a new pair and they are doing the same, so off to see a pod' on Friday. 

Go steady on the ice, getting milder after weekend I think?

22/01/2013 at 13:13

Hi NFS good to hear from you. Still printing?

Claire I bet you will do 3:30 after your Ultra go for it. Work any better? How's Nige?

I don't know where I am time wise really, I am targetting 3:30 again but when I look at my training against 2011 and 2010 i wonder whether it's possible, my plan this time was to lay down a good base in the Autumn and be up to 15 miles before I satrted in January, but I was full of cold for weeks.

When I saw you last year, I later met up with Gazelle who was being mentored to 3:30 on the forum, i was really having to work to keep up, she was just a mchine, but later said that she had to run harder than she ever had to get the time at the end so I'm under no illusiions really and will be happy with around 3:40 again if it means I can build on it for Chester in October and go again.

Are we going to have a meet-up then one fine day in April?

22/01/2013 at 14:55

NfS ! Long time no posts ! Good to hear from you and glad you're still running. Hmm, shoe issues. I'll mention ChiRunning again ! I'm not even wearing cushioned shoes any more - just neutral racing flats.

Definitely a meet up Mr P. Once we get closer we can work it out (although you speedy ones may be on green, so it might need to be after and you'll have to wait for an hour in the pub for me). I'm doing Brighton the week before and using both for training only in advance of May ultra so planning 'easy' runs. I was going to target Brighton for a PB before I decided on the long run (for Charidee), but training will be different now so not really compatible with racing it. I'll be aiming for around 4 hrs I reckon, did 17m at bang on 4hr pace last week and felt pretty much fine, both during and after so that was good for the confidence

22/01/2013 at 19:39

No I am on blue Claire will be on Green though?

Tonight is a rest night, si I'm about to undo all last night's good work with Spaghetti bolognese and red wine. And a couple of beers.

23/01/2013 at 10:07

Hi Puffy

yes, still printing, though more embroidery this time of year. We are printing more performance shirts these days, and I  did some fluro green one's with royal blue design/text on a while back for a 50 mile cycling event I  took part in, and you could see our team shirts for miles! 

I'm impressed with you and Claire's attempts at a 3.30, that's really going some. I'm more in OG's camp at the moment, about 4hr's I think?, but think I could go a bit faster if I can get this knee/gait sorted?

OG

I will have a look in to this Chi running thing. I can't even imagine not wearing cushioned shoes though?. I've always suffered with tight achillees tendons where they join the heal so not sure the 'flat' shoe could work for me?  Having said that, the orthotics I had made a couple of years ago that built up the heal and arch area so the tendons were not being stretched or moving sideways in the sheath so much in theory, made matters worse after initially feeling an improvement?, so I stopped using them and tendons ok now. I have fairly high arches and a neutral gait....or did last time I went on a gait analysis machine a couple of years back. I'm clearly landing very heavily on the outside back heal (on right leg only) at the moment, unless I keep the pace right down?, so at least the problem is very visible from the shoe damage side, which I'm assuming is leading to the inside knee problem?  Will let you know what the Pod' says on Friday, though after the orthotics problems, I'm losing a bit of faith in the Podiatrist despite him being the head of a NHS podiatry school.

23/01/2013 at 13:48

Yeah I will probably be on the Green start, if I do decide to run London I would really like to meet up.

I ran last night with one of the lads from my running club, we ran the streets of a town called Lichfield, on the way home from work.  It was quite icy, but really enjoyed it, quite pacy and did 8.5 miles.

We're good thanks, work is okay and Nigel has managed to get involved again with John Patridge, the country clothing company, he's found an investor so hopefully, he's back on track with that.

I've got 26/27 miles to run this weekend, really not looking forward to that, not sure how I'll manage it!

NFS, there's nothing wrong with your speed. I am just grateful to be running again and think it should all be about the enjoyment.  I do want this 3.30hr thing out of the way, then can enjoy my off road running.

23/01/2013 at 21:43

Oh yes Lichfield, nice cathedral!

I did 8 miles tonight, same as last Wednesday but felt much more comfortable because I held back up the hill at the beginning and ended up practically the same time but felt much better afterwards.

24,821 to 24,840 of 24,995 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.