FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

24,841 to 24,860 of 24,995 messages
25/01/2013 at 12:28

NfS - I haven't seen a physio or ortho since I started Chi running........

25/01/2013 at 13:26

Afternoon, very busy at work with new products, having to be very disciplined about leaving to get runs in at  the moment.

I rested last night, and I'm planning a tempo run tonight and putting my long run off till Sunday.  Mrs P is doing 8 in prep for Liverpool half so I might set off with her and carry on when she turns for home, but she seems to prefer the company of her ipod to mine for some strange reason.

No more snow here yet, but it is on the way apparently.

27/01/2013 at 12:18

Well the snow cam and went so i missed friday's run, and did a short run yesterday before today's 16.  It was windy here, quite hard work, but I managed it slowly.

I'm beginnig to wonder if I've peaked age wise, I really don't remember it being this hard to maintain long run pace.

27/01/2013 at 15:56
I did 27 miles of epic snow running through Cannock Chase yesterday...I have 2 blood blisters on my toes and very sore ankles to show for it...ouch!
28/01/2013 at 12:01

5.5m on the hills in the snow/slush on Saturday and 19.7m in 2.44 on the roads yesterday, felt really strong and relaxed and could have carried on. Slight AT-type niggle but nothing terminal hopefully, think it might be just a reaction to getting used to roads again after so long on mostly trails.

28/01/2013 at 21:36

It was really bright here on Saturday, I did a very short run in the morning then did 16 on Sunday; wasn't as good as last week but the weekend was a bit disrupted really.

There is a 5 mile race near here on Sunday (Alsager Claire?) so I may do that I feel like I need a cutback week.

I really think you're both being a bit conservative over London, after all the off road stuff I bet you both smash it.

30/01/2013 at 22:57
Did my normal 8 mile route tonight felt great right from the start and did the last half at 8mm. I don't know why it was so good, last night was hard work, perhaps it was my lunchtime pasta and pork pie?

Hills tomorrow, be good to see an improvement there.
31/01/2013 at 12:18

Hi Mr P - are you running the Alsager event Sunday?  I'm running one of my favourite events, Charnwood Hills, it's 14 miles off road.

Feeling really off colour this week though, think it's the training!

31/01/2013 at 13:05

Yes I am hopefully, if not I'll do a long run.  I will need to do a few slow miles first if I do the 5 though.

Beautiful day here, off for some pasta now

31/01/2013 at 13:09

If you have a bad run, you'll know your last good one was down to the pork pie and not pasta, giveng you licence to eat more of them. That would be a result

Only managed treadmill activity since Sunday, but ticking over OK.

31/01/2013 at 20:59

Hi all,

not run this year yet, work, snow, illness and a back ache for sometime. Hoping to get out on Friday, just remind me, is it one foot in front of the other and lean forward.

Good to hear you are all well, with nothing planned, there's not much to run for at the minute.

I'll be around here sometimes.

Be good.

Vikes

31/01/2013 at 21:27
Hello Viking good to hear from you.

Tonight was our hill route, seven efforts spread out over the town, I started slow and was able to finish the last one really fast, I might have gone a bit too fast tbh but I have spent the last few weeks at the back blowing out my a**e and I was enjoying it.

That's three "proper" runs in three days so def. time for a rest now. I remember 2008 and flying along until I got shin splints in March.

I did have pasta again, M and S pasta with pesto and pine nuts, and a cheese and tomato sandwich. And a twirl bar.
01/02/2013 at 12:52

Just off out for a burrito with the team............according to Garmin Connect I've burned 17,000 cals this month (and run 136 miles). Problem is I've eaten/drunk 500,000

01/02/2013 at 13:16

I am going to the chippy, without the team!

01/02/2013 at 13:24

I can't stop eating at the moment, blame it on my Ultra training!

Just entered Abingdon Marathon

01/02/2013 at 20:44

I had fish & chips then got back to work and found a tuna fish sandwich Mrs P had made for me that I'd forgotten so I had to eat that. Of course I can't mention the chips so I've had to eat an evening meal too. I'll have to dilute it all with beer now.

03/02/2013 at 13:25

Good run this morning, felt pretty strong and pace was identical to last week (I upped the distance a little bit). Can really feel the chi focuses kicking in at times. Last couple of weeks have been two of the strongest training runs I've done for a while.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/269086812

Got to get to work on replacing the 3,000 calories now. Happy days  Oh, and off for 2 hours cricket in......

04/02/2013 at 19:27
Great weekend, ten miles on Saturday morning at a comfortable pace followed by a five mile race on Sunday morning. So logged 5 runs, in twoe sets, one of three consecutive runs and then a rest before the other two. I haven't done that for years so perhaps that cold was a blessing in disguise.

Resting tonight, Thursday is club speed work night, so that leaves a tempo run and a nine mile easy run to arrange between Tuesday and Wednesday so I'll see what the weather brings tomorrow before deciding.

Next race is Wrexham half on 17th feb, aiming for 1:40.
04/02/2013 at 21:28
If you google Charnwood Hills Race on FB you will see the photos from yesterday's race.
Had a mixed race, did my ankle in, don't think inov-8's are for me, brilliant through the mud though. Was 10th lady, but not a great time.

Need to find some decent off roaders for my ultra which is now less than 4 weeks away.

Sounds like a good weekend of running Mr P.
05/02/2013 at 22:11
Looks like good fun Claire. Bryan Dale was taking photos on Sunday I'll have a look and see if any of me are shareable.

I did a short tempo run tonight, a mile warm up then 2 miles at 7.30 (wind behind) and two at nearer 8 (into the wind).

Felt better than last week, looking forward to tomorrows session, I think it's 9 miles steady.
24,841 to 24,860 of 24,995 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.