FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

24,881 to 24,900 of 24,994 messages
28/02/2013 at 17:32
I agree need to sort out something on FB, I can't find you Benyo?!

Off to Bamburgh tomorrow...very scared about completing the distance!
28/02/2013 at 17:54

Claire - I can't find you on there ! You'll be fine tomorrow - good luck, look forward to the report

28/02/2013 at 20:45

I have texted Shimmy a couple of times wasn't she working in the City?  And her Dad was quite ill I think. 

I do miss her, I remember when she sponsored me at London and wrote "Scrounging Git" on my page

Claire I can't find you either?

28/02/2013 at 20:48

Sorry, Good Luck Claire!

28/02/2013 at 21:22
Thanks Guys..would be to speak to Shimmy...I'm on FB, I wander why we can't find each other?
01/03/2013 at 09:27

I have found MrP, OG, SDM. Claire I shall message you I'm easy to spot - bright yellow shirt as usual after you put my name in! 

OG looked at that L2B site it looks very impressive and well organised. Extreme Running that did the other one were very good until 2010 and then started ripping folk off and providing bad service. The good thing for me was it started in Blackheath and dropped south within a mile of my front door and then on through familiar kent trails for the first half - supporters and family were able to follow easily. I think the Richmond route might go south through Dorking or Reigate and take on some of the Tanners type route which would be stunning and then maybe thro  Burgess Hill - so you would get similar support!    

I will definitely be out on the route as long as am not away ( Nothing planned at present and unlikely as MrsB on a course) as its a half term lead up weekend. 

01/03/2013 at 09:37
Yes please Benyo
01/03/2013 at 09:58
I still can't find you Benyo! See if you can find me...Claire Calladine
01/03/2013 at 21:26
Ok I found youClaire but I can't seem to send you a friend request? Il send you my FB link see if you can add me?
04/03/2013 at 11:00

Benyo - they haven't sorted the final details yet but I was speaking to them last week (incidentally they are looking for pacers - will provide free t shirts, goody bags and transport costs if anyone's interested, have details if you want them) and it sounds like they will have a check point at Plumpton College before going up to Black Cap (almost the same route you took Benyo). Close to home for me so hope to get a few pals out (with food !). A clubmate of mine won the ExtremeRunning version the year after you did it (female race), the thing that bothered me was the reccying needed - I don't have the time or inclination. This one is really well supported, route marked etc so 'all' I have to do is the mileage

Mediocre Steyning Stinger yesterday, lost 15-20 mins in second half after falling, and then cramping. Trundled in at 4.30, still 20 mins less than last year but should've been better. Still, decent hard miles in the legs.

06/03/2013 at 21:31
I can't find you boys in FB, It's driving my mad!

I survived my first Ultra, just!
Never, ever again, it ended up being 36 miles and I didn't really enjoy it at all, couldn't see the point in running that far. It hurt so much and has taken so much out of me. I was going to pull out, but as you know by know, I don't give up!
The route was amazing and the weather was fantastic, but I found it so lonely.

It took me forever, 6 hours 27 mins. There were 49 runner's 42 fnished and I was 16th.

I've pulled out of London and don't want to run for a while!
06/03/2013 at 21:40
Chin up Claire ! Understand what you mean - I did a 30m event in November that turned out to be 37m. Almost lost the will to live ! You'll soon get your mojo bck I'm sure.

No idea how I am going to do 60 miles in May. Struggled with 26 on Sunday. Ho hum !!
06/03/2013 at 21:43
Thanks OG!
My legs felt tired from the word go! I hurt my foot before Christmas too but have been ignoring it, went to the dr's Monday, he thinks I've done something to the bone so has referred me for an x ray!
Going to take a few months off running and hopefully come back for our club half beginning of May.

You'll be fine for your 60 I'm sure of it.
06/03/2013 at 22:12
Cool - the rest might do you good. Will you be at Beachy ?

Still can't find you on FB.............
06/03/2013 at 22:30
Claire I have sent you a message again, I can see your page but there's no button to send a friend request?

I'm sorry the ultra wasn't great, that's a cracking time though. It must indeed have been lonely. When I did the Sandstone Trail there were 200 entrants but I was really on my own for most of the race.
09/03/2013 at 10:51

I went to a parkrun this morning with mrs P great fun.

11/03/2013 at 09:37

After what I said to Benyo about membership. I don't seem to get notifications that other forum members have posted. Seems a little strange.

On the FB front, is it page set up or just friend everyone.

Not running again due to a cold and can't risk it getting any worse.

V3

13/03/2013 at 00:31

Viking - no page, just friends on FB at the moment. I'd try to find you if I knew your name !

19/04/2013 at 20:38
Good luck any runners for this weekend

Enjoy the day
19/04/2013 at 21:01

Also from me - Good Luck any/all - have a great day !

24,881 to 24,900 of 24,994 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.