FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

21 to 40 of 24,999 messages
19/08/2006 at 23:34
After 5 consecutive years of ballot rejections you should get an automatic place. Have you changed address in the last 5 years? If so they may ask for confirmation that you are the same person. Apart from that it looks like you're in!
20/08/2006 at 11:54
I've told them I was living at a different address one of the years, so hopefully their records will match up. I ran on a charity place for the first three of those 5 years, supported with the RW crew for the last two years, and am looking forward to my coffee and steak sarnies at Mile 17 already :o)
20/08/2006 at 12:24
My FLM forms are in the post, never run it before my best time for a mara is 3.56 so looking at trying to take a little of that.
20/08/2006 at 12:38
Did the Merthyr Police 10K today. I got a bit of a chest infection so I guess I should be pleased with 49 mins. Trouble is....I am not!!

I have ran the last two London's with a pb of 3.58.46

I know I am being greedy but I desperately want to run it again this year. I just can't seem to 'get up for' autumn marathons. London is special.

If I don't get in via the ballot this year I will run for a charity. Did that two years ago. A real pain raising the cash but at end of day it is for people less fortunate than me...so I should not moan.

How are all the runs going people? Who did what today?
20/08/2006 at 12:46
Have had a nice day off to day, did a 20 mile long run yesterday. I was also thinking about a charity place if i can't get in.
20/08/2006 at 13:33
Recovering from a couple of injuries so I am just getting back into the swing of things. A total of 20 miles last week and a 5 miler this morning. And Yes London is special.
20/08/2006 at 17:04
I've done around 23 miles this week, the longest an 8.3-miler at a fraction under 9-minute miling. Planned to do a tempo run of about 5 miles today, but I'm getting ready to go on holiday so I've been very busy, and I'm tired in a don't-make-eye-contact-or-I'll-burst-into-tears sort of way.

Yesterday's little recovery run was just a little longer and harder than planned, and I swam as well, so a day off training today isn't a disaster.

But six kids and three cats have now been temporarily rehomed, I'll sleep like an extinct thing tonight, and the "holiday" involves lots of hill-walking and scrambling and possibly a little fell-race, so I should get lots of time-on-feet with people who are faster than I am.
20/08/2006 at 17:28
Hope you have a good holiday Velociraptor you away for long.
funkin-baby    pirate
20/08/2006 at 21:46
After a couple of hours windsurfing on Saturday, this morning I did my first long easy run - 65 minutes, 6.6 miles, at a 9:47 mile pace. Very relaxed indeed. I'm just starting to work on weekly time increases although I'm thinking that I shouldn't be running any slower than this.

Got a 10k (Arundel 10k) run this coming Sunday which I'm looking forward to. Its a hilly course and I'm hoping for around 45 mins, so a couple of interval-type sessions this week should hopefully set me up for the weekend.

23/08/2006 at 10:04
hey just come back from my holiday and found an email saying im in for 2007 fantastic news as ive been rejected for the last 4 years !!
funkin-baby    pirate
23/08/2006 at 10:24
Congratulations Mark. That's great news. I'm going to be working on a charity place for when my ballot place inevitably falls through! I'm hoping that come December I'll still be able to post in this thread :)
23/08/2006 at 10:30
Thanks Funkin I am amazed I never usually win anything :)
23/08/2006 at 14:27
Well done Mark. How come you've got a place so early?
23/08/2006 at 14:33
Entered a competition while visiting the expo last year forgot all about it until got the email yeterday saying I have won and did I want the place !
23/08/2006 at 17:04
Well done that is awesome. You must be over the moon.

23/08/2006 at 17:07
I am green with envy by the way!!
23/08/2006 at 20:11
Could someone tell me
These might be daft questions but when are the cheques cashed & when do you find out if you are in.
First time entry so not excpecting to get in.
Have bequeathed anyway so cheque will be cashed whether I get in or not
funkin-baby    pirate
23/08/2006 at 20:15
Old Miller: from reading posts from last year, it sounds like cheques get cashed around the start of November, and you may have to wait till December to find out whether you're in or not, especially as you have bequeathed and the cheque will have been cashed either way.

However, it looks like there was a lot of discussion on the forum about the exact day the cheques were cashed, which some were using to indicate whether they'd got in or not (to some degree of success).

Finally, I'm in exactly the same position as you. First timer and have bequeathed. Fingers crossed.
23/08/2006 at 23:23
You might get to know officially the last week in November but definitely the first week in December. This is my fifth year in the ballot, I have been successful once, in 2005 (race year not ballot year).
24/08/2006 at 08:50
Old miller if you have not bequeathed your cheque start checking your bank account in the last week of November if your cheque is cashed then your in and expect to get notification within 2/3 weeks. If you have bequeathed the money then I think your check will be cashed anytime in November although I have never bequeathed mine.

Good Luck
21 to 40 of 24,999 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.