FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

12,481 to 12,500 of 24,999 messages
19/04/2009 at 16:40

Looks good for Sunday then Daz.

I did a 10k today, and unbelievably PBed at 44:27, 30 seconds quicker thn my last PB from 2004.  If anyone is in any doubt about the benefit of joining a club, there's the answer!  PB at mara and 10k in 14 days.  I know that I had more in the tank in Paris, will def be looking for a time into the thirties next mara.

Went out a bit quicker than i normally would, because I always finish strongly and wonder how it might have gone if I'd done just that, so I set off at 7:18mm and then just carried on.  There was a deceptive hill at 7k but the km markers just kept coming quicker and quicker.  And curry for tea!  

Stay safe this week everyone, 7 sleeps till the big day!!!

19/04/2009 at 17:48

Hi all,

Great race this morning.  Benyo rubbed in my slow pace by waving to me as I was on the home straight and he was in his car on his way home.   good to see you again.  Got my hug and kiss so I am happy.

The FLM ad is on the BBC now.  oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

Good running all today guys.  Rest now.

OS, Your son wanted you to run the FLM as a smurf, hence the change of name.  Is your blue suit ready for it's big day??

19/04/2009 at 18:11

12 miles in the bag this morning, 82 mins @ 10 miles, 1.42.28 @  12. I had a partner with me , they had not run more than 8 miles before and started to get tired at the end. I would have gone, on my own, but they did not know the route, so I held back. Could have averaged under the required time to get 3.45, but just glad things have gone OK this year.

If anyone has any ideas where and when to meet, post them to see who can make it.

19/04/2009 at 18:35

Hey Great running all

Glad you had a good race  Shimmy and that you met up with Benyo. Nice to know you have done the last long one Viking - bodes well for next week!

Fabulous time for 10 K Mr P - I could only dream of that - you must be chuffed to bits !

As  for the picture - what are the chances of that ?? Shame I don't look anything like the lovely " Hazel ".

OMAHD - it would be lovely to meet up with you and Claire at green - I will be really glad of the company though will spend most of the time in and out the loo  if anything like last year !

Later folks - mr QQ has put dinner on the table ( he's very well trained ) - and it's penalties on the football ..

19/04/2009 at 19:17

Hi QQ, there were some girls from Macc there today (Whitley 10k) and I was behind one girl for a while until she pulled up looking a bit distressed, then I wondered if I was going too fast and would suffer the same fate.  

Viking my last run before Paris was 12 miles in 1:42:53 and I felt afterwards that I'd worked a little hard, but it was fine.  I missed the 3:45, but again, it wasn't for want of strength, it was poor pace calculation.

19/04/2009 at 20:07

lets do that QQ - i tend to be getting rid of any excess weight that I can too!

and I dont tend to get dressed till 20 mins before kick off

19/04/2009 at 20:08
how did you get a grreen start too?
19/04/2009 at 20:23

Brilliant Puffy ! Nice solid run Viking - after all your tribulations must be great to be running that sort of distance/time and know there is more in there

Thanks for that Shimmy. I don't have the costume - kids know that they need to raise 10,000 before I'll do it, so it ain't going to happen..........................................! Maybe I should change my name back.................

OMAHD - is that the Banana ?? Just seen long range weather forecast on BBC - 21 degrees and humid at the end of the week. Yuck, looks like a 4.15 after all.......................

19/04/2009 at 20:27

its the Banana Daz! sorry to be boring but it worked well last year - fancy running as a pair? - not a pear ....

Scooby was just too hot ....

19/04/2009 at 20:39
Isn't QQ Very GFA?
19/04/2009 at 20:39

Hi all

Hope all your preparations are going to plan for next week.

Cannot wait now , Training been good but could have done better but a 22miler in 3hrs 11, so ihope i have got the Energy to crack this 3:45, but i think the experience is more than the time .

19/04/2009 at 20:45

Hurrah for the banana !  That's fab - can't wait to see it - and you -  I will be able to fully appreciate the banana in all it's glory this  time  rather than en route !

Got to green start by running girly GFA time last year  - certainly won't happen in 21 degree heat this year ! - ran 4.15 in 2007 so i will be  with you on sunday Old Smurf !

Will have a look at Club website later mr P to see who was running -  tho am a bit out of touch with the club these days.

19/04/2009 at 20:47
had a bag of M&Ms tonight - a big bag ... and drinking my last alchohol tonight .... some red, a big glass(s) .....
19/04/2009 at 21:10
I did 4.31 in 2007 ! (first half in 1.50-something !!)
19/04/2009 at 21:15

i did 3:51 in the heat but this year planning to go off much slower - think that it will be 8 ;45 min miles for the first half then see how I feel

- I'd love to be able to emulate Puffy and do a negative split but have always found that I have slowed down signifiucantly in the last 6 miles sometimes as slow as 10:30s

19/04/2009 at 21:17
off to bed now - going to listen to running from the reaper podcast - nigel is also doing london
19/04/2009 at 21:17

Hi everyone, I see you've all been busy bees.

Ran the x country finals, up in Halifax today.  Hard going as race didn't start till 1.30pm, left home at 9am and only got in at 8pm, tired!  It was more like a fell race, very hilly and really tough.  However I felt okay, played it cautious, and am okay (fingers crossed)

I was 10th lady, but there weren't that many and unfortuently we didn't get great results as a club, tough competition.  It was a good day out though.

Have a good week tapering everyone.  Can't wait to see the Beeb ad!

20/04/2009 at 07:37

Some good times this w/e, although personally I don't push it so much this close to the race.

OS, please don't remind me of 2007 - it was hot at 6am when we boarded the coach and I felt very negative before the start. However got to 20 miles in 3 hours, then took 80 mins for the last 10k. Met up with my friends afterwards who had similar bad experiences - the only thing that cheered us up were some spectators who said it was amazing we had done it all!

A few weeks later I ran the South Downs [sorry Shimmy] in almost the same time.

20/04/2009 at 07:48

SDM - I was sat with several clubmates at 9am on the grass at Blackheath, in vest and shorts, sweating......not good...........agree re spectators. My wife complianed that it was too hot stood there watching on The Embankment and waiting for me to pass by (45 mins later than expected). I won't write my response....! I ran Beachy Head 10 mins quicker in October.. 

Nice work Claire - sounds as though the niggle has cleared up ?

20/04/2009 at 07:55
OS, yep 2007 was a PW by some distance, apart from the first couple of London marathons when I had no idea about training and ran in HiTech silver flash that gave me such bad blisters I could hardly walk!
12,481 to 12,500 of 24,999 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.