FLM 09 - 3.45ers!

All Aiming for 3.45 - 3.59

12,481 to 12,500 of 24,995 messages
19/04/2009 at 19:17

Hi QQ, there were some girls from Macc there today (Whitley 10k) and I was behind one girl for a while until she pulled up looking a bit distressed, then I wondered if I was going too fast and would suffer the same fate.  

Viking my last run before Paris was 12 miles in 1:42:53 and I felt afterwards that I'd worked a little hard, but it was fine.  I missed the 3:45, but again, it wasn't for want of strength, it was poor pace calculation.

19/04/2009 at 20:07

lets do that QQ - i tend to be getting rid of any excess weight that I can too!

and I dont tend to get dressed till 20 mins before kick off

19/04/2009 at 20:08
how did you get a grreen start too?
19/04/2009 at 20:23

Brilliant Puffy ! Nice solid run Viking - after all your tribulations must be great to be running that sort of distance/time and know there is more in there

Thanks for that Shimmy. I don't have the costume - kids know that they need to raise 10,000 before I'll do it, so it ain't going to happen..........................................! Maybe I should change my name back.................

OMAHD - is that the Banana ?? Just seen long range weather forecast on BBC - 21 degrees and humid at the end of the week. Yuck, looks like a 4.15 after all.......................

19/04/2009 at 20:27

its the Banana Daz! sorry to be boring but it worked well last year - fancy running as a pair? - not a pear ....

Scooby was just too hot ....

19/04/2009 at 20:39
Isn't QQ Very GFA?
19/04/2009 at 20:39

Hi all

Hope all your preparations are going to plan for next week.

Cannot wait now , Training been good but could have done better but a 22miler in 3hrs 11, so ihope i have got the Energy to crack this 3:45, but i think the experience is more than the time .

19/04/2009 at 20:45

Hurrah for the banana !  That's fab - can't wait to see it - and you -  I will be able to fully appreciate the banana in all it's glory this  time  rather than en route !

Got to green start by running girly GFA time last year  - certainly won't happen in 21 degree heat this year ! - ran 4.15 in 2007 so i will be  with you on sunday Old Smurf !

Will have a look at Club website later mr P to see who was running -  tho am a bit out of touch with the club these days.

19/04/2009 at 20:47
had a bag of M&Ms tonight - a big bag ... and drinking my last alchohol tonight .... some red, a big glass(s) .....
19/04/2009 at 21:10
I did 4.31 in 2007 ! (first half in 1.50-something !!)
19/04/2009 at 21:15

i did 3:51 in the heat but this year planning to go off much slower - think that it will be 8 ;45 min miles for the first half then see how I feel

- I'd love to be able to emulate Puffy and do a negative split but have always found that I have slowed down signifiucantly in the last 6 miles sometimes as slow as 10:30s

19/04/2009 at 21:17
off to bed now - going to listen to running from the reaper podcast - nigel is also doing london
19/04/2009 at 21:17

Hi everyone, I see you've all been busy bees.

Ran the x country finals, up in Halifax today.  Hard going as race didn't start till 1.30pm, left home at 9am and only got in at 8pm, tired!  It was more like a fell race, very hilly and really tough.  However I felt okay, played it cautious, and am okay (fingers crossed)

I was 10th lady, but there weren't that many and unfortuently we didn't get great results as a club, tough competition.  It was a good day out though.

Have a good week tapering everyone.  Can't wait to see the Beeb ad!

20/04/2009 at 07:37

Some good times this w/e, although personally I don't push it so much this close to the race.

OS, please don't remind me of 2007 - it was hot at 6am when we boarded the coach and I felt very negative before the start. However got to 20 miles in 3 hours, then took 80 mins for the last 10k. Met up with my friends afterwards who had similar bad experiences - the only thing that cheered us up were some spectators who said it was amazing we had done it all!

A few weeks later I ran the South Downs [sorry Shimmy] in almost the same time.

20/04/2009 at 07:48

SDM - I was sat with several clubmates at 9am on the grass at Blackheath, in vest and shorts, sweating......not good...........agree re spectators. My wife complianed that it was too hot stood there watching on The Embankment and waiting for me to pass by (45 mins later than expected). I won't write my response....! I ran Beachy Head 10 mins quicker in October.. 

Nice work Claire - sounds as though the niggle has cleared up ?

20/04/2009 at 07:55
OS, yep 2007 was a PW by some distance, apart from the first couple of London marathons when I had no idea about training and ran in HiTech silver flash that gave me such bad blisters I could hardly walk!
20/04/2009 at 08:03
Ah FLM 2007 - oh how us old farts will go on and on and on.......!!!

I'd smashed my shoulder up for the first time 3 weeks previously and the neoprene sling the doc made me wear was like having a wetsuit on. It turned out to be a good thing though as it forced me and my mate to pace ourselves in the heat. We were both marathon virgins and our heart rates for the first 5 miles were huge so we decided to slow down a bit. Ran pretty even splits and finished in 4:20 ish. I remember all the old baldies here beating me to half way by 20 mins and then getting in our way along the embankment!!!!

It was really good lesson on how important pacing is - a lesson which of course I didn't heed the following year!!!
Edited: 20/04/2009 at 08:06
20/04/2009 at 08:24

just had my porridge

Just recieved our tickets for the Comedy Store for Sunday night - should be good if I am still awake ....

weather forecast - looks like a lovely day  .. for the spectators  ...

20/04/2009 at 09:03

Morning all, the start of another week.

Where is Yogs???? I think the FLMers need some of his stirring words of encouragement. 

Tannoy for Yogs

20/04/2009 at 11:14

Come on Yogs where are you! 

Lovely to see you again Shimmy - you run with such a relaxed style I am sure you will be brilliant at Doyen later in the year! Sorry I was a bit under pressure to finish and get back home as so much going on! 

Conditions were perfect at DV !  I managed to put the foot down. That was my fourth year and my best time so I would recommend as a training strategy that we should all run a forty mile ultra about 7 days before a 10k as everyones new 10 k training programme! 

2007 my first Marathon ahhhh memories 3 59 58 !  Loved it !       Hey is this little man wearing your banada thing on his head Shimmy?

12,481 to 12,500 of 24,995 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.