FLM 2007

Between 4.15 - 4.30

2,381 to 2,388 of 2,388 messages
13/01/2008 at 16:54
Hi Guys. I'm 52 and trying for my first marathon. I've run two halfs at 2:04 and 2:09, but I was pretty beat after those.... 26 is a VERY long way!   I'm running for an hour or an hour and half every day, but I just really struggle for the motivation and time to do the 10+ miles long runs that are in my programme.  I'm runing the Watford half on 3 Feb, so that should help.  Are you all doing long runs already? 
14/01/2008 at 08:31

only doing one mile more every weekend, currently on 9 miles.  That should get me to around 20 miles prior to the marathon, which is what most people seem to advise.  I am doing the regime from Marathon news, running for four times a week, but only for 30-45 mins for the weekday ones - any more than that and i would be knackered.  Can feel my legs working hard already.  "better to undertrain and have energy than overtrain and get sick".

Drusy, great HM times, i'm only 33 and can't seem to improve much on my speed!

15/01/2008 at 17:16

Thanks Lucy,

I've been listening to the Phedippidations Podcast and following advice to just work on building my base now... I just want to make sure I don't get injured and miss out on a chunk of training.  So no speedwork right now!

It was really hard to get out to run today in that rain...even with the dog pestering me!

16/01/2008 at 09:55

i know what you mean - i run along the promenade in eastbourne and was able to lean back in to the wind on Mon morning and not fall over backwards!  Couldn't even see where we were running when heading into the wind and rain - felt great afterwards though once i'd reached normal body temp again!  Great for the complexion

Keep up the good work - can't believe it's sunny and no wind today, which sod's law is my day with no running!!

18/01/2008 at 19:52
hiya everyone, i've posted a few times on the 4.30 - 5 thread, I reckon a sub 4.30 is in me on a good mara day!!!! (got a 4.36 PB at Loch Ness in Oct 07) but don't think for a minute I would get one in London!!!! lol Am planning on an 'enjoyable' run round lol
21/01/2008 at 21:15

HI DRUSY LUCY AND FELLOW RUNNERS KEEP ON TRAINING AS LONG AS YR FEET R MOVING FOR TWO HRS JOGG RUN OR WALK U WILL B OK TAKE IT EASY I  WALKED JOGGED MY FIRST MARATHON AND TOOK 8 PLUS HOURS TO COMPLETE WAS SHATTERED SHOCKED COULDNT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY DONE IT SO THIS YR I HAVE BEEN TRAINING HOPING TO DO BETTER AND RAISE FUNDS FOR  GET KIDS GOING C MY SITE AT WWW.JUSTGIVING / MALKIAT SINGH  I AM62 AND ONLY TOOK RUNNINGSERIOUSLY INOCTOBER2007 I HAVE TAKEN PART IN FEW 10KS AND MILERS ALWAYS COME LAST BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! MANAGE TO FINISH AND ALL THE TIME I AM IMPROVING THE PERSONAL BEST SO IN YR FIRST RACE AIM TO FINISH ALSO DEVIDE YR RUN INTO FIVE MILES CHUNKS U WILL SAIL THROUGH I AM IN COLCHESTER ESSEX SO WILL TAKE PART IN GT BENTLY NEAR CLACTON HALF THEN THERE IS HALF MARATHON IN BRENTWOOD AND SO ON OK FOLKS BEST WISHES TAKE CARE DONT INJURE YRSELF AND GET DISAPPOINTMENT I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A PLACE IN F L M   BYE     MALKIAT SINGH RUNNING NAME    MALKIE 

27/01/2008 at 11:14

Hi All,

I have just completed my 10 mile weekend run and I have really empty legs!!  My half marathon times are much slower than Drusy, I do hope I meet my target.  Long runs not giving me as much grief as the speed training, struggling to meet the targets set in RW sub 4:30 schedule.  Feel like we are a long way into the training now, hope I still have time to achieve the speed targets.  So glad It was not raining this weekend, so fed up with the rain.

XX

27/01/2008 at 19:40

hello fellow runners any help or guidance last sunday long run 8miles then walk 8miles knee playing up have been massaging today jogged14miles came back foot paining wat shall i do monday is my rest day actually i was going to do hill runs  HELP ADVICE  thanks   malkit running for  KIDS GET GOING FLM 2008 ON 3RD GT BENTLEY HALF

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,381 to 2,388 of 2,388 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.