FLM alternatives

Just feeling a little pessimistic today

4 messages
24/10/2003 at 14:07
OK so my application is in.

I have been here 3 times before and each time its been rejection and each time this has had a very negative effect on my training.

I am planning to start the long slow build up on Monday after 4 weeks off due to family circumstances.
I have never run a marathon before and allways wanted London to be my first...however if I keep waiting to get accepted in the ballot then I might be an old man by the time I get in. (Did consider a golden bond place this year but Mrs BBB said NO due to the 3 kids under 6, me marathon training and trying to complete a PhD in the next 6 months! - she said enough was enough)

So time has come to consider alternatives. I am looking for something around a similar date - late March to June. Fairly big field of marathoners but doesn't have to be solely a marathon race, fairly flat. I hope to finish around the 4.00 hr mark (secretly wants a sub 4.00) and do not want to be in the last 10% of competitors.

Any suggestions?
M.
24/10/2003 at 14:10
BBB - I started a thread on this a while back - will find it and boing it for you
M.
24/10/2003 at 14:15
Cheers M -

Looked back about 5-6 pages but didn't find anything!
31/10/2003 at 18:40
look in FLM "what if I dont get in?"

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.