FLM Course map

wordy version?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
29/03/2005 at 14:15
No - the map is this years route. The route is almost the same as last year's except that we don't go through the Tower, but around it to the north instead. That's why you have to go round the IoD the opposite way round.
29/03/2005 at 14:57
Have you looked at the BBC photo tour of the route - it looks really boring when there are no crowds around. It's much, much better on the day - with all the people, balloons, bands and anything else you can think of.
Can't wait now. Wish I didn't still have an 18 miler to do this weekend!
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
29/03/2005 at 15:22
oh well i am going out for a 20 miler tonight...
29/03/2005 at 18:31
Kind of getting excited and nervous at the same time!!
31/03/2005 at 13:08
Fortunately, or unfortunately I live 1/4 mile into the red route, so know the route very well after using it for my training runs.

Red Route : first 2 miles are flat, then steep downhill for 1/4 mile then steep uphill for 1/4 mile, downhill for 1 mile past the 3 mile marker then flat all the way to Tower Bridge, up and over bridge then flat until you return back to Tower of London, slight downhill onto embankment, uphill for 200m under Blackfriars bridge then it's flat all the way to the finish.

Blue Route : first 2 miles are flat then very slight uphill for 1/2 mile, then it's downhill for next mile past 3 mile marker and join the red route.

Personally I'm pleased the cobbles have gone after blistering up on them at 21 miles last year, but each to their own, I really like hills, so figure that out!

Hope this helps & good luck.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.