FLM runners and supporters

Your thoughts about support this year and next..

141 to 154 of 154 messages
25/04/2005 at 16:56
that would have been marvelous!- much more polite than letting rip on the side of the road!
25/04/2005 at 17:04
Funny!

As the email notification came up I was 'pencilling' in 23rd April 2006 on my 'events' spreadsheet!
25/04/2005 at 17:24
Just one request, can Ange1cake be on someone else's team? ;o)
ip(FeS2)    pirate
25/04/2005 at 17:58
OK, Just a few thoughts from a supporters perspective.

If we'd had the spreadsheet thingy on the URWFRC site earlier, this would have been the place where people entered their race number, expected time.- Pen number( so we could calculate the time to cross the line?)
Appearance, requirements,email address.

This would have made a huge difference to us supporters who ended up doing a surprising amount of chasing.

It was very hard for us to spot you all.- If we could think of a symbol that is easy to wear and wouldn't ruin costumes/cover team shirts/chafe then this would help us spot everyone from the forum and give them a cheer.- It's easy to keep an eye out for several people you know, but you can only really keep one number/appearance in your head at a time ( or we found it hard anyway).

I'm sure that people thought we were counting backwards purely because the first sign they saw was the 9.-
I think a really big, high sign at the beginning and then the smaller ones for each team should work well.
The last spot in the area should have a group of people with loads of goodies but noone allocated, so anyone who misses their team doesn't miss out.

When it comes to allocating teams, it might be a good plan to see who knows whom.- It's much easier to spot people you know.
Perhaps we could add this to the information on the URWFRC site.- I'd be happy to help work out the allocations next year.

The roads were pretty clear of supporters by safeways etc.- But I think the railings probably help a lot and they did give us places to hang signs etc.
25/04/2005 at 18:20
if we got the whole thing kicked off earlier, could we email piccies to the support teams?
Donald    pirate
25/04/2005 at 19:08
Hi All,

Sorry I could not be there to help with the support this year. However, hopefully next year... It sounds you did a great job.

As I am a software engineer and I also run an internet design and hosting company, if we need to put together an on-line registration/organisation support system then I would be more than happy to put something together if needed. I think that 9 months should be enough time to get something usefull together!

Any views?
25/04/2005 at 19:32
I like the idea of a recognisable tag - something like a round fluorescent pink badge worn on the left shoulder would be much easier to spot than trying to identify numbers and colours in a blur.
25/04/2005 at 19:41
Agree, the tag is a nice idea, especially if we could make it downloadable...
Hi Dan One - great offer! Maybe you, me and SwissBobby can put our heads together nearer the time.
Donald    pirate
25/04/2005 at 20:38
You might notice my "picture" has a red flashing LED earing! This was added some time ago when a thread was discussing the idea of identifying forum runners... May I re-introduce the idea of red LED flashing earings? (They do exist!)

... I thought not...

Meerkat, whenever you want to get things rolling.
25/04/2005 at 20:43

LED earign does not flash in Mozilla.
iron fraggle    pirate
25/04/2005 at 20:49
Yes it does! (well does on mine !)
10/05/2005 at 23:33
hi all, question for team 9, a photo is up of me on my story of flm, its not action photo and i din't post it, did you guys take it? looks like I am singing oggy oggy, wouldn't suprise me...
12/05/2005 at 08:06
Wabo - it's probably a pic by Daniel of RW Towers.
14/05/2005 at 08:55
cheers meerkat. Have downloaded to show my mate sue. I was looking to the left and thats where you guys were so makes sense!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
141 to 154 of 154 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.