FLM Training Schedules

FLM training schedules

2 messages
27/10/2011 at 14:28
Hi

I did a half marathon last April (2 hrs 13 mins) and have got a place for London marathon 2012.

As the marathon is just over 24 weeks away I looked at the beginners and intermediate 24 week training schedules on the London marathon's website.

The longest training run seems to be 130 minutes for the intermediate plan. Given that I run approx 10 minute miles does this seem right? I thought I would need to run at least 20 miles prior to attempting a marathon.

If I run for 130 minutes this would only get me say 15 miles.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

27/10/2011 at 16:56

Hi HazLot

Look at the Runners World ultimate schedules, they're much better and they give really good extra info - just pick one close to the time you hope to finish in.  Looking at your half time I would go for sub 4.30 plan and adjust the paces to suit.  Also remember that's its only a guide - they can  be adapted.  That's what I do and it does work so all the best.

GOOD LUCK

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.